Exenterator - My Findings.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Exenterator - My Findings.
Exenterator - My Findings.
First Page 2
By Fitali 2011-12-17 14:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a new topic because the other one turned into a flame war.

As you can see my gear sucks. I got the weaponskill 2 days ago the night it was released and these are my numbers and opinions thus far.

WARNING - Anything said as an opinion is all speculation and should not be taken as fact!

- OUTSIDE ABYSSEA -

Mobs - Wajaom Woodlands Tigers and Puks. Grauberg (S) Brasscaps.

Unbuffed, No food, no SA no TA. Just Signet.

I have found there to be multiple "Tiers" of damage.
Tier 1 - 1000-1400 - Single miss(possibly).
Tier 2 - 1450 - 1900 - All 4 attacks land solidly.
Tier 3 - 1900 - 2300 - One of the attacks procs Triple attack(possibly).
Tier 4 - 2400 - 2800 - Two of the attacks proc Triple attack(possibly).

HIGH - 2755 LOW - 970

- INSIDE ABYSSEA -
*NOTE* I have only spent about 5 hours inside abyssea doing this.

Mobs - La Theine Worms, Frogs, and Sheep.

Atmas RR/VV/GH + Ehancement Buffs. No food, No elixers.

Tier 1 - 1100-1450 - Single Miss(possibly).
Tier 2 - 1500-2000 - All 4 attacks land solidly.
Tier 3 - 2100-2550 - One of the attacks procs Triple attack (possibly).

HIGH - 2640 LOW - 1073

*WITH TRICK ATTACK* - 2700-3100 - A lot less "Low" hits i.e. Tier 1.

HIGH - 3750

*SPECULATION* <----- Note the word and understand it! DO NOT TAKE THIS AS FACT!

Four things I think:
1. WS Cannot crit. Stacking +Crit Chance Atmas had very little effect. My guess is the extra damage was from +Agi and +Double Attack (See point 2)

2. Triple attack and (possibly) double attack can proc on each hit. This would explain the extreme jumps in damage, since the WS is incapable of crit this is the only thing I can think of.

3.Attacks can miss. This is a no brainer and would explain the low hits.

4. There is a delay for the third round of attacks AFTER the WS. After use you will immediately attack sequence with no animation, then a second attack sequence with no animation, then your third attack sequence AFTER you use the WS will have a 1/4 -1/2 second delay. Needs more testing.

*EXTREME SPECULATION* <---- Note the word again. Even more extreme!

1. I noticed that if you use the WS on a mob when it has roughly 1500 HP (easier to know outside abyssea) that sometimes the WS would leave the mob with a sliver of HP and hit for LOW (Tier 1) dmg. At first I thought it was just Tier 1 hits but it was happening around 1/3 of the time against Puks .(This is when I really started to notice it and pay attention) Could be a problem with the "check" of the last hit not going off if the hp is as a certain threshold.

2. This is just eyeballing, but I felt like using the WS right at the start yielded more LOW (Tier 1) hits than using the WS when the mob was at 1/2-3/4 Health, which I felt yielded more AVG (Tier 2) and above hits.

Any and all input is welcome.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Xenophire
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Xenophire
By Ragnarok.Xenophire 2011-12-17 14:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fitali said: »
4. There is a delay for the third round of attacks AFTER the WS. After use you will immediately attack sequence with no animation, then a second attack sequence with no animation, then your third attack sequence AFTER you use the WS will have a 1/4 -1/2 second delay. Needs more testing.
The same happens with Blade: Hi. I think it's just an animation glitch. I notice it with Ukko's, too.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-12-17 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

:((((
[+]
By Fitali 2011-12-17 14:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
*SPECULATION* <----- Note the word and understand it! DO NOT TAKE THIS AS FACT!

*EXTREME SPECULATION* <---- Note the word again. Even more extreme!
that was great lol

this part doesn't make sense to me. I doubt the ws alters your auto attacks like this

Yeah like the above poster said I believe it is an animation glitch but there is most definitely a delay.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fitali 2011-12-17 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
what makes you think it's abnormal though? we see a slight delay when using ja as well

Because it happens on the 3rd attack sequence. I don't know if it is abnormal I just felt like documenting it. If this is standard operating procedure then disregard that part.
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2011-12-17 14:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »
The same happens with Blade: Hi. I think it's just an animation glitch. I notice it with Ukko's, too.

This tends to happen with Rudra's Storm as well...
While I'm doing it the WS's Animation if you look at the chat log you'll see me attack the mob after even though it didn't actually show me do it...

I used to think my Rudra was doing alot more then normal until I realized that...
By Fitali 2011-12-17 15:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkzeru said: »
Ragnarok.Xenophire said: »

This tends to happen with Rudra's Storm as well...
While I'm doing it the WS's Animation if you look at the chat log you'll see me attack the mob after even though it didn't actually show me do it...

I used to think my Rudra was doing alot more then normal until I realized that...

I'm sorry I believe you misunderstood me. Yes you are correct there is no attack animation for two rounds of attacks after the weaponskill. However, what I was noting is that the time between attack rounds two and three following the weaponskill are noticeably longer than attack rounds one and two. Im not talking about animation I'm talking about the actual attacks.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-12-17 20:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Im no thf, RDM onry.
But i had also some weird dmg spikes.

My highest Evis on EM Sand Sweeper in Altepa last time was 2500 dmg, with RR, AO , Entwined Serpent Atmas. ( mostly 1400 - 1800; rare 2000k+ )

Extenterator 1/5 was a consistent 550 dmg average.
At 3/5 normal was ~850 dmg, though i saw 13xx too.
Because Evis is more consistent and im geared for it, i havent used Extenterator much so no good sample size.

But with 4/5 i had on same mobs 2k dmg once, while normal is 1100-1300.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-12-17 20:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mithraspike said: »
Im no thf, RDM onry.
But i had also some weird dmg spikes.

My highest Evis on EM Sand Sweeper in Altepa last time was 2500 dmg, with RR, AO , Entwined Serpent Atmas. ( mostly 1400 - 1800; rare 2000k+ )

Extenterator 1/5 was a consistent 550 dmg average.
At 3/5 normal was ~850 dmg, though i saw 13xx too.
Because Evis is more consistent and im geared for it, i havent used Extenterator much so no good sample size.

But with 4/5 i had on same mobs 2k dmg once, while normal is 1100-1300.

Rdm has a lot of dex gear and not really much agi+ gear so stacking for the mod is not as easy. As very little agi gear that rdm can use has +str or +atk on it versus the dex gear. Why are you using Entwined serpent, VV will give you better results then ES and gnarled horn has agi +50 which is the modifier for it anyway. and your evis should be averaging 2000-2500 on Sand sweepers with 4k spikes not just 1400-1800 with 2k spikes. RR, GH, AoA are what you would want to use.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-12-17 20:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe because i dont have these atmas ?
I also dont have access to shin yet, im lacking Raja kill ( i guess )
So no Apoc.

You might wanna think about that.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-12-17 21:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mithraspike said: »
Maybe because i dont have these atmas ?
I also dont have access to shin yet, im lacking Raja kill ( i guess )
So no Apoc.

You might wanna think about that.
last derail post.
you might want to be using the sword ws then which has RDM written all over it and which rdm actually has access to swords that are worth using, str and dex sword mainly ring a huge bell, where our dagger selection is extremely poor compared to sword, GH is an extremely easy atma to get esp with the amount of people killing sobek and probably don't mind, you could go rdm/war which has access to 8 of the red ws if they don't have a red procing job then you have most of them covered. but rdms dding poorly and making people go lolrdm melee is very offensive to those of us that actually work on it and understand battle mechanics.

on topic with what I have access to and can afford, gil and inventory wise, and the fact on when you would be using exent most likely, except maybe regular salvage mobs or city dyna when you can actually cap atk,

athos gloves make a good replacement for emp+2, not sure if their are better legs but I went with those so the dex helps with accuracy if need be it's the highist agi I know of. Belt could be swapped with crudelis belt for when you have high enough attack. Blith or aife's mantle aswell for when capped atk.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-17 22:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ambushers should be the best in slot unless thf cant wear them.
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-12-17 22:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never figured this out. how do you post a gearset on here?
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-17 22:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have an appropriate image to response to your speculah.
But I feel like I've just read a post made in 2005 or 2006.

For the exception of extreme speculation #1, which I experienced it on Chant du Cygne, but can't explain it;
I think they are already become common knowledge.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-12-17 23:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Baconchips said: »
I've never figured this out. how do you post a gearset on here?

at the bottom of the item set underneath the macro line thing is a bbcode just copy and paste that.

Asura.Vrytreya said: »

For the exception of extreme speculation #1, which I experienced it on Chant du Cygne, but can't explain it;

and yes everything except number 1 should be extreme common knowledge unless he is completely new to the game, at least hes not asking how trick attack works.
As far as it goes the first hit and off hand hit can ta/da not every hit. hits cap at 8, stack it with assassin's charge to increase your damage.
As far as #1 goes its animation. Unless you chat mon with time log and are actually seeing an offset delay, then animations are just that animations that are delayed and trying to catch up. It should be very noticeable if your a thf with heavy trip atk gear and using a trip atk atma. while I do notice the animation mess ups the chat mon time logs are right on.
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-12-17 23:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just gear that i happened to have on me. There are better options out there!

I figured the attack from Tumbler Trunks could be nice. Have scouter's rope just because it is agi+4 and i had it on me... Hand's i'm toying with ocelot vs af3+2 for the attack on them... and earrings Brutal/something else could be nice. overall this build looks similar to my Blade: Hi set and i'm putting out decent numbers at 3/5.
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-12-17 23:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually going to throw mars's ring in the mix and take out epona's and see how it fares. I'm more or less looking to see how attack can more or less effect this as well.
 Shiva.Mswan
Server: Shiva
user: Mswan
By Shiva.Mswan 2011-12-18 11:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

AGI <You can have this.>
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2011-12-18 14:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sveltesse belt is a terrible choice. I'm 4/5 right now and with the build i posted is what ive got the best results from. Mars's ring instead of eponas also. Dynamis valkurm i'm doing about 15-1600 on normal ws's w/out da/ta. SA ws i've done between 2300-3k with normal/da/ta.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-12-18 15:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on what you're fighting, and your buffs... Hecatomb+1 Legs and +1 Hands(Aug) or Emp+2 Hands Might be better choices.

Reasoning behind Emp/HecLeg is the Large boosts to Attack, and Accuracy(hands)

Reasoning behind +1 Hecatomb hands is because the Dagger Skill (possible acc/atk~+5) and Critical Hit Damage (You're likely stacking it with Trick Attack). But I think the hands you listed will be better 99% of the time?

But overall, yah, Svelt is a horrible choice, -attack hurts.

I mean, On trash content like Abyssea, Perhaps, But on content like Voidwatch, its damage suicide.
By Fitali 2011-12-18 16:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »

Yes you are correct I am very new to the game :). But I'm glad that everyone has an understanding how it works and my thoughts are not speculation. I don't know how everything works but I just want to post my thoughts because as It sits right now, Exenterator pass evisceration inside and outside abyssea for me with my gear and to me that's pretty cool.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [225 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-07-30 10:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/members/item-sets?id=267166
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-30 10:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Haorhu said: »
Ftfy.

Edit: not that it was good to fix now that I look at it...
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-07-30 10:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Ragnarok.Haorhu said: »
Ftfy.

ftfy ?
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-07-30 10:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Exenterator Thread

You posted this same set in the other Exenterator thread so you know it exists. Just scroll up.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-07-30 10:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed that for you* But yes its still a terrible set.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-07-30 10:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

yep beacause i use this set for exentrator its a problems?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-07-30 10:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Use what the hell you like lol, when you post it here someone's gonna comment on it though.
First Page 2