Magian Staves Stats Being Merged Into One?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Magian staves stats being merged into one?
Magian staves stats being merged into one?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-11-29 21:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been wondering if SE would make a way to merge all the augments on the staves into a newer staff that has the stats it had such as the elemental Affinity+ DMG and so on. I thought it would at least clear up one some inventory this way

Do you guys have any thoughts about this?
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-11-29 21:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

More equip >> more mules >> more +$1 per account >> not gonna happen

I would assume this would be the thought process taken by SE. Not that they would state it that way though. They would probably talk about balance or programming problems.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-11-29 21:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt it, i dont think se give a dam about our inventory space. They can make satchel and sack but cant make it over 80. They made it so we can mule more gear, so they just want us to spend more money on mules.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Terribleone 2011-11-29 21:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

PS2 limitations.
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-11-29 21:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
I highly doubt it, i dont think se give a dam about our inventory space. They can make satchel and sack but cant make it over 80. They made it so we can mule more gear, so they just want us to spend more money on mules.

*** it then, make each mule $2 more, just give us 150 spaces for inventory. >_>
 Sylph.Alesis
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Alesis 2011-11-29 22:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If they did, I'd actually make them all. :3 Just highly doubt that would happen.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-29 23:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wat if tehy merge all teh sowrd trails adn we gte smoe super sowrd 2 svae inenventroy
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lolserj
Server: Carbuncle
user: Andras
By Carbuncle.Lolserj 2011-11-29 23:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

*** lurkers
[+]
 Leviathan.Dreamx
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dreamx 2011-11-29 23:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

<- My avatar is relevant.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-30 02:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 krizz threadlock

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Itze
Server: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-11-30 03:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 Chill
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaomii
Server: Fenrir
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2011-11-30 03:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't elemental affinities come with a penalty when casting a spell weak to the staff's element? o.o If so, you'd have a staff that grants nothing!
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-11-30 03:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I clicked this thread, expecting something awesome, and what I got was colossal disappointment, thank you ffxiah.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-30 03:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
I clicked this thread, expecting something awesome, and what I got was colossal disappointment, thank you ffxiah.
Wouldn't of believed it even if it said [Dev] behind it! Like SE ever listens to us <.<!

Seriously though, I think they should.

Not that it should be easy, after all these are trials and an upgrade this powerful like this should be just as difficult.

Each element has 6 different possibilities. Among these are the type we are after, but what if we want more than one element of this type? We would have to do another trial with slightly different requirements but for the most the same thing. We unfortunately loose an inventory space for this. To have a weapon that combined all the elements of 1 of the 6 possibilities...well you would just have to have done everything up to +3. No way out of it.

That's 8 staffs fully completed to combine into 1 staff, with a possible of 6 final staffs in the elemental group of each weapon type. I think that would be reasonable, as the majority of players can barely do 1 full trial without stopping for a few weeks in between.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-11-30 03:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaomii said: »
Don't elemental affinities come with a penalty when casting a spell weak to the staff's element? o.o If so, you'd have a staff that grants nothing!
I'm assuming he means a staff that simply grants "Magic Affinity +5" since the damage is added to the base and not a MAB effect. It would be nice... but its only a pipe dream, we made it up. Like the Boogy man! Pinochio! Mother Goose! Sh*t like that. Its a cute idea, that's all, cute, but fictional. (All credit to George Carlin for that line, thank god I found a place to use it!)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-30 03:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

speaking of dev, one just came out right now lol...
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-11-30 03:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
speaking of dev, one just came out right now lol...
Drops all and runs!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-11-30 03:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
plus with the delayed casting time for every spell in game. madness

They wouldn't add new area's/abilities that take away the sam bandawgon! madness

They wouldn't add weapons that can compete/demolish some relic/mythic weapons! madness

They wouldn't increase the level cap above 75, then EVERY job could have convert! madness

...you get the point
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [114 days between previous and next post]
By yossarian 2012-03-23 05:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see them merge-able into dark and light aligned staves with the stats of the 4 staves you combined to make it. (for example, combining a dark, ice, earth and water staff with +4 afin. and getting a darkness staff with +4 affin.)
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2012-03-23 06:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

+1'd for name. I love Catch-22
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-03-23 09:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
Wouldn't of believed it even if it said [Dev] behind it! Like SE ever listens to us <.<!

Seriously though, I think they should.

Not that it should be easy, after all these are trials and an upgrade this powerful like this should be just as difficult.

Each element has 6 different possibilities. Among these are the type we are after, but what if we want more than one element of this type? We would have to do another trial with slightly different requirements but for the most the same thing. We unfortunately loose an inventory space for this. To have a weapon that combined all the elements of 1 of the 6 possibilities...well you would just have to have done everything up to +3. No way out of it.

That's 8 staffs fully completed to combine into 1 staff, with a possible of 6 final staffs in the elemental group of each weapon type. I think that would be reasonable, as the majority of players can barely do 1 full trial without stopping for a few weeks in between.

What about the fact that magian trials left off a bunch of jobs... BLU for example. Your idea seems logical but requiring jobs like blu to keep all 8 normal elemental staves would just be mean
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-23 09:21:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Old discussion is old. They said they were going to merge the lv 51 staves, not the magian. Which means mages will still use their magian and everyone else can hop on the new Prism staff.