Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-12-15 17:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said: »
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
I take it as a good thing, wont see all these bandwagon bst with turtle or hippo if prices and difficulty of ingredients stay the same.. Mabye itll give some distinction to the real bsts.
I don't see how an expensive jug will separate the bandwagon from the longterm BST's, gil isn't difficult to get

Thats why i said mabye, not many abyssea burned bsts are going to want to farm or spend 200k for a stack of jugs. Most of them mainly do dynamis which at least here the currency market is crashing so ppl will make less gil.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2011-12-15 17:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I have one more thing to address. I see this every single day, and I think it might explain why BST has such a poor reputation in endgame. A BST wearing the following joins your party, say for VW.

For some reason, this BST won't be subject to any criticism. They might even be praised for having a 90 empyrean and such nice gear. However, with regard to its pet, this BST is essentially naked. None of his gear is relevant for what he is doing, and yet its the norm, maybe even better than the norm to show up wearing this garbage? You wouldn't take a naked WAR or SMN, why is it ok for BST to be naked?

I'm not sure exctally what u see wrong, overall i cant say its bad compared to 98% of bsts i see.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a str8 DD gearset for master only. Provided they also have a hybrid set, and a pet onry one.

Also pretty disappointing with regards to the mats for hippos & turtles. Hippos especially :(
 Sylph.Gemera
Server: Sylph
user: Gemera
By Sylph.Gemera 2011-12-15 17:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I went and fished up 13 Abaia and with 100+5 cooking made 4.5 stacks (I should have used synergy, duno why I didn't). I NQ'd them all. It's an Artisan (70-80) recipe tho verified by the cooking NPC at the guild. Each synth with regular cooking gave me 4.

Went to Abyssea-Misareaux to test the hippo out. Fantod is really cool because it can apply to the whole attack round. Fantod + tripe attack from apoc atma did 1776 crit, 1824 crit, 1748 crit in one attack round. I was fighting DC colibris FYI.

I put the other three stacks I had on AH for 150k/each haha. I don't see this pet being widely available by any stretch of the imagination. It took 1.5 hours to catch the 13 Abaia D:
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-12-15 18:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hook me up first gem lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: khrnos
By Quetzalcoatl.Khrnos 2011-12-15 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You could've gotten more Gemera, I put my lucky broths up for 250k and turtle for 300k. And yes, they won't be too widely available due to ingredients and skill lv required. So far I have not HQ 1 synth yet for both of those jugs.

Also, yes you should of used synergy to avoid breaks and make the most use out the ingredients with them being such a pain to make.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7