Divine Might 95 BST Solo?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Divine Might 95 BST solo?
Divine Might 95 BST solo?
 Ifrit.Tulnig
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-11-07 10:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone tried to solo Divine Might at level 95 as a BST? Any information would be appreciated, I'm considering a solo attempt while spamming Dawn Mulsums. My concerns are:

1) Hate
2) Keeping Pet Alive / Inventory Space for adequate Dawn Mulsums
3) Time Restrictions

Any thoughts?
 Hades.Ferusio
Server: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2011-11-07 10:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

lol bst is not an ochain pld

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Jacaut 2011-11-13 08:22:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I need a new earring jos we should go duo this up for fun one dipper one gooey check it out lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-11-13 12:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Ferusio said: »
lol bst is not an ochain pld

Neither is RDM or SCH but I believe the two jobs have soloed this.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [128 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-20 06:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Been looking for a more definitive answer to this question. I thought I read somewhere that this was doable, especially now at 99.

Any thoughts, suggestions, experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
Server: Bismarck
user: anjisnu
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2012-03-20 06:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

its an almost brainless solo with all the dt- stuff we have on bst didnt need mulsums at 90 doubt you would need now spirits within didnt really hurt the sheep
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-20 07:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Anjisnu said: »
its an almost brainless solo with all the dt- stuff we have on bst didnt need mulsums at 90 doubt you would need now spirits within didnt really hurt the sheep

Yeah, I just don't want to waste my ark penta as it sucks waiting for full moon to align with my schedule, lol.
 Bismarck.Anjisnu
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Anjisnu 2012-03-20 07:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

better safe than sorry but if you are really unsure take mulsums and use rr scroll before fight
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-20 07:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Anjisnu said: »
better safe than sorry but if you are really unsure take mulsums and use rr scroll before fight

I will also have a whm with me (am doing it for my dual box char.) so this makes me feel a little better, lol.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-20 08:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Will sheep song land? Is there a benefit to using sheep over a different pet?

Sorry, I'm new to bst and would like to solo this if I can avoid dragging people.
By lilcratis 2012-03-20 08:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

just did DM last night with a small group...plan was to have my sheep pull all out of arena and super tank while rest of the group pick them off 1-2 at a time...the taru cant leave the arena so that's 1 less to deal with...never had to heal my pet...only lost 5%hp...using this same method i believe a bst could solo the fight...bring HQ food and dawn mulsums and upon entering wait for call beast timer to cool down...you might hafta spam fight on 1 of the arch-angels as your pet randomly attacks all of them as it gets hit.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-03-20 08:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i cant remember if sheep song landed but i just had pet supertank while i ws/snarled through the rest of them
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-20 09:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

So, since I don't have beast affinity and monster +2, I should just use a pet that can cap at 99?
What about using lulush and whirl clawing them all down, or shashra with CW?
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-20 09:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with the rabbit personally.
By Xilk 2012-03-21 06:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Charged whisker will not do more than about 300 damage. (even in abyssea you can't get this much more than about 750.
Whirl claws can do alot more depending on FSTR and att/def ratio.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-21 07:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
Charged whisker will not do more than about 300 damage. (even in abyssea you can't get this much more than about 750. Whirl claws can do alot more depending on FSTR and att/def ratio.

I appreciate the response. I am still wondering how this will work though. Do I just send him in and spam whirl claws / reward / snarl?

Sadly, I am an abyssea-burned bst. I do try to get the best understanding of the mechanics of the job, but my experience is entering dynamis 2-3 times....
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-21 08:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Equip all your "pet onry set" 1st off. Then send him in toward the blm (and w/e else has shitty aoe moves can't remember if the others have aoe haven't done that fight since 05'). You stay on the periphery of <fight> range. You might need to initially send him toward another mob if the blm is too far back, and you can't target it with fight w/o getting aggro yourself.

Just keep hitting fight > Blm to keep him pointed toward it till it dies. Spam Whirl claws when your charges are up. Keep Spur up, and reward when needed. Might wanna bring a dawn mulsum or two just incase for the opening of the fight while lucky super tanks.

After the BLM, and any others that AOE are dead go assist. As far as snarl goes I have it macro'd into my ruinator command, and on the line of pet commands below that personally.

I'm pretty sure the rabbit will overwhelm the opponents pretty handily.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-21 09:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
Equip all your "pet onry set" 1st off. Then send him in toward the blm (and w/e else has shitty aoe moves can't remember if the others have aoe haven't done that fight since 05'). You stay on the periphery of <fight> range. You might need to initially send him toward another mob if the blm is too far back, and you can't target it with fight w/o getting aggro yourself.

Just keep hitting fight > Blm to keep him pointed toward it till it dies. Spam Whirl claws when your charges are up. Keep Spur up, and reward when needed. Might wanna bring a dawn mulsum or two just incase for the opening of the fight while lucky super tanks.

After the BLM, and any others that AOE are dead go assist. As far as snarl goes I have it macro'd into my ruinator command, and on the line of pet commands below that personally.

Just to be safe, I would leave the blm in the circle down below and take the other 4 up the stairs. The blm's AI will keep him attached to the circle for some reason, effectively making him useless as long as you bring the mobs to the stairs or beyond.

I did this last night with the sheeep and I only used about 4 mulsims and a 4 thetas.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-21 09:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »

Just to be safe, I would leave the blm in the circle down below and take the other 4 up the stairs. The blm's AI will keep him attached to the circle for some reason, effectively making him useless as long as you bring the mobs to the stairs or beyond.

I did this last night with the sheeep and I only used about 4 mulsims and a 4 thetas.

Sounds like a plan :)

PS: Also remember to familiar before you send in the troops. Easy to forget that if you're thinking about the other moving parts. GL!
By mortontony1 2012-03-21 09:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So bunny and aoe them to death? Or sheep an try to sleep them? Picked up ~10 dawns last night due to having no -dt yet, working on moogle helm and my axes though.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-03-21 10:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to re-roll MKD hat, and keep trying for monster trousers to drop (for familiar and reward). I'm pretty excited to try this :D
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-21 10:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I'm going to re-roll MKD hat, and keep trying for monster trousers to drop (for familiar and reward). I'm pretty excited to try this :D

I had just finished my relic +2 trousers dynamis xp trial b4 I deactivated. 40 mins of familiar, and 20% pet haste paired with 25% master haste is pretty gnarly!

Also Spurrer Beret is good for a hybrid of pet, and master haste vs redoing your MKD head. Depending on if you have a use for it on another job(s).