Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 13:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »
News just in:

PVP is popular, and completely balanced. More at 11.

The funny thing is that you think a BRD would actually stand a chance in 99% of matchups. There's a reason nobody does PVP. It's unbalanced and badly incorporated.

I'm guessing you ask to 'brenner' people when they call out your gear too. I'd suggest you play a game better for PVP bro.

I have to know, does it suck having one's existence rely solely on bad information and snarky comments, and old internet meme's?

I suggest you just get better at the game.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Server: Carbuncle
user: huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Have you even played Ballista Huttburt?

Ayup. Back at 90. It's never been balanced.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's never been balanced by normal FFXI norms, you're right. Running in as WAR/SAM is going to get you *** sideways and laid out like a lobster. By a BRD.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
News just in:

The funny thing is that you think a BRD would actually stand a chance in 99% of matchups. There's a reason nobody does PVP. It's unbalanced and badly incorporated.

I'm guessing you ask to 'brenner' people when they call out your gear too. I'd suggest you play a game better for PVP bro.

I have to know, does it suck having one's existence rely solely on bad information and snarky comments, and old internet meme's?

I dunno. Does it suck playing a job that's dark like your soul, and the fact that only your starbucks coffee understands you?

I suggest you try to realise that PVP in XI isn't balanced.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is completely balanced. Complete balance is impossible. Have you never heard of a tier chart in, what, every fighting game in existence?
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 13:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

News just in:

I dunno. Does it suck playing a job that's dark like your soul, and the fact that only your starbucks coffee understands you?

Quote:

Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing is completely balanced. Complete balance is impossible. Have you never heard of a tier chart in, what, every fighting game in existence?

I never asked for complete balance. I asked for a semblance of balance.

As in, at least attempt to balance PVP, or just stop supporting it.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you follow up with that after a ninja edit, removing the word complete from your last post.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-28 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

News just in:

Why are you in this thread? Even if it's not balanced, who cares? Like Tikal says, the game itself isn't balanced. What's so wrong with people who just want to play the game and have fun?
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 13:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think somebody who believes that light resistance helps in ANY SPHERE of the game, with skill levels approaching the 400's, is qualified to use balance and PvP in the same sentence.
Train of thought, or the same day.
 Fenrir.Savoree
Server: Fenrir
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2011-10-28 13:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more frothing at the mouth, while eating.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 13:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how you follow up with that after a ninja edit, removing the word complete from your last post.

I like how his BRD isn't passed 30.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think somebody who believes that light resistance helps in ANY SPHERE of the game, with skill levels approaching the 400's, is qualified to use balance and PvP in the same sentence.

All right. Be sure to let the 2 people who compete know that.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how huttburt is butthurt.

Oh yeah, so mad right now. Frothing at the mouth, biting chunks out of my monitor.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 13:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Its cool I'll be here chilling with my relic while you sit over there with your anon gear.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
News just in:

Why are you in this thread? Even if it's not balanced, who cares? Like Tikal says, the game itself isn't balanced. What's so wrong with people who just want to play the game and have fun?

I don't mind. I already told him to enjoy his little tournament.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Its cool I'll be here chilling with my relic while you sit over there with your anon gear.

Ok, I'll be sitting over here with a real job, whilst you sit over there with a very expensive trophy

:)
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Huttburt is Flionheart's puppet-account.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-28 13:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how his BRD isn't passed 30.

Meh, don't let him bait you. Just ignore him.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure Huttburt is Flionheart's puppet-account.

Yeah, my comment "Sup mule" by Flionheart was one of the greatest puzzles known to man.
[+]
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-10-28 13:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I'll be sitting over here with a real job, whilst you sit over there with a very expensive trophy

'
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the fact that you're easily unintelligible, I'm going to just go out on a limb and say I didn't read your player comments, because I don't give two shits about them.
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

'
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akuji
Server: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-10-28 13:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD can use Duradabla and has spells that cannot be interrupted, and the ability to rotate 3 powerful effects to suit the resistances it needs or buffs it needs versus a magical or martial job.

BRD possessing a Twashtar or Mandau is nothing to laugh at and can get close to the same amount of PDT gear as anyone else, and is not forced to slot resist silence because it nativley has a Trait of V.

It is not uncommon for a Bard to have around 30-40% pdt coupled with 35~% MDT with the ability to slow you etc.

At any given time Bard can sleep you to cure itself, gain distance and Rudra's storm inflicts a very potent gravity.

Meaning that Bard can sub scholar with two methods of magical dispel, incredible debuff power in the form of pining nocturne, finale, and elegy.

The ability for BRD to keep many jobs at bay with incredible ease and forcing them to pick Scholar Sub to deal with its ability to AoE Sleep incessantly, coupled with its ability to strip buffs of jobs that rely on them. Is something that many people surprisingly overlook.

A smart Bard vs an enfeebling job just fights in Light Arts and erases itself and debuffs you with Finale or sleeps a person who is not subbing scholar to buy time. To do whatever it wants to whomever it wants as light based sleep bypasses Resist Sleep traits.

BRD has DoT power, it can augment this power with Mandau and also gaining access to bio via RDM etc.

DPS doesn't really hold the same standards in Ballista where a RDM with a sword can whittle anyone down, so a Bard Definitely can with double March and haste gear on mixed with PDT depending on the enemy.

Cure itself, buff itself, march itself etc, stab you - Bard has all the *** tools anyone could ever need, Duradabla makes it worse.

You're very wrong.

I *** like this guy.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-28 13:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Besides the fact that you're easily unintelligible, I'm going to just go out on a limb and say I didn't read your player comments, because I don't give two shits about them.

Or add to the fact that I've you know... said "Flionheart here" under more than one of my posts on huttburt. It's not a huge secret your divulging, boyo.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-10-28 13:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, not everyone follows you around like a whipped dog on this site. Considering context, it was appropriate.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21