Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Mega Moglification help
Mega Moglification help
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-27 17:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, so I have my gem scope, I have my goldsmith's stall, but I don't have the fool's gold and the signboard. However, I still have the megamoglification: goldsmithing. Do I even need to get the 2 pieces I'm missing, or is this just for a completion's sake?

I'm not sure where I read it, but I thought i saw something where if you dont have the other furnishings the mega moglification isn't as strong... hence the topic. I didn't see it on the forums here, is why I asked >_<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Drizztdourden 2012-01-18 16:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL i wish i could help ya but i am in the same boat as you.
Came here to see if i could find out.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-18 16:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusk Gloves Lv99 Leathercraft

Body+Gloves+Stall+Advanced Support

100+1+1+X+3=100+5+X (110 needed to T1)

5/37 Dusk Gloves +1 were synthed.

Stall+nothing else=+5
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [355 days between previous and next post]
By Eomer 2013-01-08 01:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does that mean that fools gold and signboard don't add +1 respectively?
By ryujinsephy 2013-01-08 02:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the original items used to make Moglification: Goldsmithing, the stall makes Mega Moglification: Goldsmithing which would overwrite the old stuff. The old items are just for your decoration purposes once you have a stall.
By Eomer 2013-01-08 02:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool Thanks a lot for the clarification!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
By Luthiene 2013-02-06 15:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

ryujinsephy said: »
No, the original items used to make Moglification: Goldsmithing, the stall makes Mega Moglification: Goldsmithing which would overwrite the old stuff. The old items are just for your decoration purposes once you have a stall.
So correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is that the only furnishing I need really is the Stall? The gemscope, fool's gold and signboard are worthless? Could someone else confirm this too please? Also, how much skill does the mega moglification give?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-06 15:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need the stall and it grants 5 points.
By Luthiene 2013-02-06 15:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

And I assume this holds true for all other crafts?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-06 15:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-02-06 15:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Luthiene said: »
So correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying is that the only furnishing I need really is the Stall? The gemscope, fool's gold and signboard are worthless? Could someone else confirm this too please? Also, how much skill does the mega moglification give?

If you have other junk in your mh (for storage purposes or whatever) you may need those other items to get the craft moglification to overpower the other stuff. You can also set up two stalls and then "add/subtract" one extra item to tip the effect in favor of one or the other.
By Luthiene 2013-02-06 16:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Luthiene said: »

If you have other junk in your mh (for storage purposes or whatever) you may need those other items to get the craft moglification to overpower the other stuff. You can also set up two stalls and then "add/subtract" one extra item to tip the effect in favor of one or the other.
Right now I have an aura strength of 100+ fire element (11x bookshelves and 2x totem poles), and according to wiki, the stall has an aura strength of 11. Im not sure if that is an elemental strength (light) or mega moglification strength. Does this mean I will have to remove all bookshelves until the strength is below 11 so that the stall's effect will activate?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-02-06 16:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

what ever element has the highest total aura in the MH will take presedence. Then the item with the highest aura of that winning element will give you your enhancment.

So if you want the enchancement from the stall, you need that stalls element to be the highest of all furnishings combined. And you need that Stall to have the highest value of that specific element
By Luthiene 2013-02-06 16:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I think I gotcha. 3x Bookshelves = 20 storage spaces & 8 fire element Aura each. Goldsmith's stall = 20 spaces and 11 light element aura. Along with the other 3 furnishings, that should give me both max storage and 35 light element vs 24 fire, thus activating Mega Moglification.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-02-06 17:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. If your stall is 11 light element, you just need more light then any other element total, and the stall to be the highest light value item (no other furnishing above 10 light aura)
 Leviathan.Alas
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2013-02-06 17:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Additionally, if there's a tie in the highest aura strength between two different moghancements of the same element (example: lightning and desynthesis), the item placed in your mog house first will be applied.