Ascetic's Fury Atma?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Ascetic's Fury Atma?
Ascetic's Fury Atma?
 Asura.Mekaider
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-13 10:23:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I been reading threads but most are about gear. Easy question i guess.

Atm i'm sporting RR/SS/GH.

Any better combinations?

Also, highest DMG Fury i've seen was 3.7k, think it must've been a TA from ring though.

Thanks~
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-10-13 10:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the highest from you or just in general?
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-13 10:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Highest from me, did it on fistule 10 mins or so ago.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2011-10-13 10:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mekaider said: »

RR/GH/Apoc is also another good choice, though you're probably just fine using what you have now.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-10-13 10:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc/SS/RR would be better for your damage overall- plus the Triple Attack helps Ascetics a lot, perhaps more so than GH.
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-13 10:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Webjester said: »

RR/GH/Apoc is also another good choice, though you're probably just fine using what you have now.

Yeah i thought that too but then 20% HP+ and Crit Damage +20%? Is nice and i thought it might beat the TA, not sure though?
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-13 10:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Apoc/SS/RR would be better for your damage overall- plus the Triple Attack helps Ascetics a lot, perhaps more so than GH.

oh right. I'll try that then now. Thanks.
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-13 11:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

oh right. I'll try that then now. Thanks.

Yeah, you're right. Already broke my previous record. Numbers are a bit more erratic but i imagine that's due to the TA.

Thanks man~
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-13 11:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

no, it's the loss of consistency.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-10-13 11:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i thought that too but then 20% HP+ and Crit Damage +20%? Is nice and i thought it might beat the TA, not sure though?

I used to use Apoc/RR/SS, but then switched to Apoc/RR/GH. Didn't parse the difference, but to my eyes, my damage per swing/ws didn't really change at all, and my crit rate, of course, went up. I don't know why, but without impetus, my crits would only get up to about 370 or so, regardless of atma choice.

I definitely prefer Apoc/GH/RR now.

Based on what I said above, with Apoc, I think the triple attack is definitely a worthy improvement - but again, just what I've seen.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2011-10-13 11:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

to my eyes
[+]
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2011-10-13 13:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

95% of the time I use RR/GH/SS. As a Taru, the HP Boost from SS has saved my tail plenty of times. As Austar also pointed out, the consistency of using all 3 atmas is also appealing.

Using Apoc can put up some inconsistently big numbers when TA procs during WS, but the trade off of losing SS or GH in favor of 10% TA is, for me at least, a bit difficult for me to swallow.
 Phoenix.Ardiem
Server: Phoenix
user: Ardiem
By Phoenix.Ardiem 2011-10-13 13:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when I was still using Ascetic's Fury I got the best results from RR/SS/VV, though more conventional wisdom suggests that Apoc in place of VV will be better for both DD and spike dmg.

I use RR/GH/Roaring Laughter if I just absolutely do not want to get touched, but thats rarely required on anything.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-10-13 14:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

95% of the time I use RR/GH/SS. As a Taru, the HP Boost from SS has saved my tail plenty of times. As Austar also pointed out, the consistency of using all 3 atmas is also appealing. Using Apoc can put up some inconsistently big numbers when TA procs during WS, but the trade off of losing SS or GH in favor of 10% TA is, for me at least, a bit difficult for me to swallow.
Its 15% TA, and considering you're either starting at 0 or 3% its a huge impact in your total damage, as not only does it affect your ws damage, but also your melee damage and ws rate.

You already have crit damage and crit rate, thus SS and GH give small boosts overall in comparison to the 15% TA from Apoc.
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2011-10-13 14:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Its 15% TA

Whoops, so it is.
 Carbuncle.Krionin
Server: Carbuncle
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2011-10-13 21:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I use RR/VV/Apoc highest dmg I do is 8k with crit and triple attack and the low is about 1k -.- average is 3 tho
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2011-10-13 21:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc/RR/SS if you plan to eat any decent attack food, red curry buns and such, Apoc/RR/GH if not. The amount impetus is up really closes the gap between the crit rate gain from GH to SS since a decent % of the time you'll be losing the max crit rate gain out of impetus.
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2011-10-13 22:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm voting apoc/rr/ss as well for pure damage.