Lost Fairy Ring

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Lost Fairy Ring
Lost Fairy Ring
By Diseaze 2011-10-07 20:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone here had any experiences fighting this NM? if so, what would be a good strategy to take it down?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-07 20:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

bump! I'm curious too, want that new belt!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-07 20:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

This is most of the information that I have to offer.

Looks like it's going to do the same damage that its breath does to you every time it hits you until you remove the status effect. Two evasion tanks are maybe the way to go?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-07 20:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

oo susceptible to grav and bind.... anyone know if there is room to kite in the vicinity?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-10-07 20:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, what? I assume none of those NMs can be grav'd or bound any more than they can be slept. I just didn't bother filling out all the obvious immunities when I made the page.

The area where you pop him has some free room, but if you run too far you end up in more Funguars or Yagudos. Also, if you go too far away you'll lose confrontation status and he'll depop.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-07 20:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

iono, wikisez
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-10-07 20:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thf any dd/nin (preferably mnk/nin) brd whm should kill this np. stand on opposite ends, share hate, pray your whm doesn't have 10 second reaction times.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-07 20:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

it's forced pop?
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-10-07 21:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yep
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2011-10-07 21:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

All the NMs in CoP dynamis can be bound and gravitied easily by a good rdm.
By Diseaze 2011-10-07 22:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds good. Going to give this a try hopefully this weekend and post my experience with it. Thanks!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [101 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Noralain
Server: Asura
user: wwo0o0oww
By Asura.Noralain 2012-01-17 06:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

any update guys on this,

his gas very powerful, each ~1K+

I saw video for japenes guy in x4 party they kill it and the gas was just less than 100. not sure how but there is away to minimze the dmg (that much)

any idea ?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-17 07:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
Server: Bahamut
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2012-01-17 07:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

We've done him quite a few times, tried sherzo and it seemed to do nothing at all. Tried Dark Carols as well and it seemed to be the same result.

We just ended up mowing it down with double marches and quick cures and a few sudden lunges. Kind of hit or miss on whether it will one shot people with breaths or not, noticed that barwater and barpoison helped a bit at stopping that insipid poison breath that would leave people at like 40hp and then dying immediately to poison.

But other than that, just spray and pray really :|
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-17 08:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in bubu some mobs drop items that weaken the apocalyptic beast. Maybe it's similar.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
By mortontony1 2012-04-17 00:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a solo bst with Gooey Gerard be doable?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-17 00:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Your pet would die in 4 TP moves and you'd go down shortly after.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-17 00:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
No. Your pet would die in 4 TP moves and you'd go down shortly after.

does it even do blunt dmg?
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-04-17 00:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I really doubt it. You must not have fought it before. It spawns using a tp move that will hit you hard and probably poison you. Then you have get your pet on it with hate and turned away from you before you die. Of course then you have to cure yourself. I suppose with enough dawn muslin you might be able to kill it, but it has either regain or store tp because it will do 1k+ spore moves very often. It also hits hard with its normal hits and the spore move will give your pet poison as well.

I think most people use the fungar pet on it, but good luck. If you dont mind dieing. Go ahead and give it a try.
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-04-17 00:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Discreet Louise if you want to solo Lost fairy ring. She resists pretty much all breath attacks thrown at her and the only thing you need to worry about is frogkick. Last time I did it the breath attacks were doing around 374 dmg and frogkick was doing 600-900. Only thing you need to watch out is spawning her. Lost fairy ring will get off one breath attack on you that will take off 3/4 of your hp. Throw louise on it, let it build up hate and you can melee with your pet.
By mortontony1 2012-04-17 00:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

No never fought it, obviously. Just curious if it would be easier/more time efficient to just farm the gil and buy it and keep that days dyna run and it sounds like that's the case.
 Odin.Phunkism
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-04-17 00:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It's more time efficient just to use the run to farm coins and purchase it. The two times I solo'ed her I threw my moepapa stone in my mailbox and it never dropped even after proc'ing it.
 Odin.Terren
By Odin.Terren 2012-04-17 01:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw a random comment somewhere while searching about this NM suggesting that if you removed blind (I guess caused by dark spore), it reduced the damage it did - I have no idea whether this is true, or why it would be so. Anyone experienced this or have some screenshots that might suggest it's true/not true? It seems like BS but it also seems like something silly they'd do...

(... on second thought, breath attacks can be resisted, maybe that's where the reduced damage came from)

(... on third thought, sobek's tyrant tusk only instant-kills you if you still have bio on...)
 Bismarck.Dmaul
Server: Bismarck
user: Dmaul
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2012-05-09 14:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just duo'd it using DiscreetLouise. Had WHM as backup for spamming slow and paralyze on it (didn't stay on for very long but they did land) and cures for the occasional TP move I'd get hit with. Used familiar at the start and had DL attack at as soon as he spawned. I had the ??? to my back so it would turn as soon as DL hit it. Brought about 20 Dawn Mulsums and finished with one left so a safe bet is to bring 30 or more next time I fight him. The key to survival is to keep it turned away to avoid the TP move and keeping your pet alive. Don't attack it yourself too soon. Let DL build up alot of hate. Got hit for 700 dmg with one TP move because I went in too soon. At about 20% I used Run Wild and finished it off without any problems. No drop though :/ It was actually a fun fight and can't wait to fight him again. Its safe to say he can be solo'd as BST/DNC just got to stay away from that TP move and bring alot of DMs. Two hits and you're dead.

Used 2 Astolfos -pdt and was in full Ferine +2 gear. Went /NIN only because I forgot to change to /DNC before going in.

Used pet food Zeta and Eta and DMs