New test server info
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-11 05:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

1/Tic Regain is very helpful in a 5 non-self TPable jobs + 1 SCH for VW. Instead of running up to the NM and TPing on it, you wait a little bit while your tank gets hints and your mages get procs. not useless. yes it might not cap TP, but 100% TP for VW is better than 300% for procing, less damage = more time to proc.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-10-11 05:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Bahamut.Weasel said: »
Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Just thought of a reason to take SCH to Voidwatch even with helix spells being /SCH accessible.

Immanence can be used to skillchain from max casting distance. Then BLMs are able to MB off that. It's rather handy when you proc red stagger on a target to build up those %s. Of course, a SCH can MB also with Alacrity for T4/T5. :p

How often does this actually happen in a group?

There aren't many people still playing who are proficient at magic bursting, even among those doing Voidwatch.

You play with idiots then. >_> Sorry.

It's not that hard. BLMs just have to start casting when the SCH starts casting their second spell for the skillchain (assuming they're doing T1 nuke > T1 nuke)

I have to agree with this. Any BLM who is incompetent enough not to able to burst their spells is either A: not nuking enough to know how long their casting time is or B: not paying attention to the DDs. Thank God Almighty that I was brought up through HNMLS and old Sky when MBing was not just the norm but near necessity for young LSs. Post DD spam tactics has murdered young BLM players to the point they only know spell spam and (hopefully) when to stun.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-11 08:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
You bring a SCH for the short sexy skirt and bangin'-*** monocle. Isn't that good enough?

God, it's like you people don't understand math.

Are u trying to say its because im mithra i come sch vs the hume male in my ls?

That is exactly what I'm trying to say.

Cuelebra uses Dark Arts:

Luvs it! too much vinyl for my tastes though. lol

Cuelebra uses Embrava:
 Siren.Nehalania
Server: Siren
user: Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-10-11 08:32:43
Link | Quote | Reply

First off I can't believe they're going to do that, I hope they won't.
I was FINALLY able to come SCH for something (Voidwatch) and now I'll have that taken away from me too. They might as well just delete the job while they're at it.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-10-11 08:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Nehalania said: »
I was FINALLY able to come SCH for something (Voidwatch) and now I'll have that taken away from me too. They might as well just delete the job while they're at it.
Then who will Embrava me?
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-11 08:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

more like you should down lvl your crappy sch for just "voidwatch"
[+]
 Siren.Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-10-11 08:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, was just venting.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-11 08:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »

i dunno why people are all getting all flustered. If your a good sch. then u have nothing to worry about. its the bad schs. who cant balance, healing, nuking, processing, etc who need to be looking at their other 95s
 Siren.Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-10-11 08:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i dunno why people are all getting all flustered. If your a good sch. then u have nothing to worry about. its the bad schs. who cant balance, healing, nuking, processing, etc who need to be looking at their other 95s
Yeah, I guess you're right. I think I jumped the gun a little fast there. I was shocked at them allowing other jobs to use them as a /sub seeing as how the helix spells are 61+
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-11 08:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I guess you're right. I think I jumped the gun a little fast there. I was shocked at them allowing other jobs to use them as a /sub seeing as how the helix spells are 61+

yah and u know if ur doing zilart vw. ur whm is prolly too busy -na casting and curing. to process. and ur blms are still doing their -ja and -gas to process. the list of magic to process is huge. its not something that can be done with 4 people if ur attempting a tier3 zilart vw(assuming ur going for drops)
 Siren.Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-10-11 09:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

yah and u know if ur doing zilart vw. ur whm is prolly too busy -na casting and curing. to process. and ur blms are still doing their -ja and -gas to process. the list of magic to process is huge. its not something that can be done with 4 people if ur attempting a tier3 zilart vw(assuming ur going for drops)
That's true! =)
I haven't gotten into the new zilart vw yet, but I can see what you mean.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-10-11 09:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Proc system ruined the game true story x:

I'd say specifically as it relates to drops. If it was nothing but a tactical advantage for temporarily debuffing a target, it'd be just fine.

Kinda glad I'm not playing anymore though. I always had intention of coming back, but it seems once a week there's a new nail in the coffin.

I'm taking time off myself, there is nothing keeping my interest in the game at the moment, I would mainly just log in to talk to friends, this update was fairly underwhelming.

Really debating on staying gone till next update.
I've been gone since June, lol. Log in if someone hops on MSN and specifically asks me for help, or once in a while to send POL messages to friends.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-11 09:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you really one to talk to people about sucking? >_>

Nehalania, pay him no mind.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-11 09:07:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true! =)
I haven't gotten into the new zilart vw yet, but I can see what you mean.

Zilart and Jeuno VW is by far the funnest and most challenging. plus awesome gear. the body drop rate just sucks...
 Siren.Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-10-11 09:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok, I think I was a bit too quick to lash out in a post like that. Too clarify I was mainly shocked that they lowered the level of the spells to make it accessible for subs. Maybe they'll give us tier 2 helices in the future?
I'm not a crappy SCH, it's actually one of my most favorite jobs to play. I've just recently got in a very nice shell after being on my own for awhile after server merge. So I haven't really done a lot of voidwatch just yet.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-11 09:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's ok, I think I was a bit too quick to lash out in a post like that. Too clarify I was mainly shocked that they lowered the level of the spells to make it accessible for subs. Maybe they'll give us tier 2 helices in the future?
I'm not a crappy SCH, it's actually one of my most favorite jobs to play. I've just recently got in a very nice shell after being on my own for awhile after server merge. So I haven't really done a lot of voidwatch just yet.

they already said they wont be nearly as potent as sch main which should be fine... realistically. ur rdms wont be subbing sch because they usually will be /blm for stun with the exception of a stun resistant VWNMs. my LS doesnt usually bring more than 1 blm strictly for enmity control reasons. 1 sch and 1 blm are fully capable of doing most magic processes. and as i had mentioned in this thread be occasions when ur whms wipe/weakened. a rdm cannot keep ur plds alive in those emergency situations. rapture+cure4 is a godsend in VW to a sch.
[+]
 Siren.Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-10-11 09:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

they already said they wont be nearly as potent as sch main which should be fine... realistically. ur rdms wont be subbing sch because they usually will be /blm for stun with the exception of a stun resistant VWNMs. my LS doesnt usually bring more than 1 blm strictly for enmity control reasons. 1 sch and 1 blm are fully capable of doing most magic processes. and as i had mentioned in this thread be occasions when ur whms wipe/weakened. a rdm cannot keep ur plds alive in those emergency situations. rapture+cure4 is a godsend in VW to a sch.

Agreed, and you're right about the process list being so long for magic. Assuming another mage even comes as /sch (besides a WHM) they very likely won't be casting out helices to proc when they could be doing other things/keeping people alive/doing their own main trigger spells.