Link | Quote | Reply

edit: NVM you fixed it~
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-07 01:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I would ditch the Aureole and replace with memoria sachet/ombre tathlum.
 Valefor.Monkeynutz
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Monkeynutz 2011-10-07 02:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Well first there's the rather obvious Oneiros Headgear that you either already swap to midcast, would like to if only you had it, or neglect to do in favor of an increased chance at set effect procs (obviously a mistake if you're going for consistent damage). I'd imagine you've thought of that though.

I've never tested any of the 'adds damage to magic burst' items but form what I've seen it appears they come in two strengths: 3% and 5%. Sorcerer's gloves and static earring each give a 5% bonus while the mujin band and (low level) channeling robe give 3%. I don't know where the Menhit leggings fall, but if they give 5% they might be worth looking at instead given that they also offer 4MAB. You could then keep your strendu ring, essentially swapping the 10 INT from Goetia sabots +2 for 8MAB and (possibly) +2% MB bonus. Even if it's the same 3% bonus that combination should come out on top.

What's less clear (to me), is whether or not simply swapping the Hecate's for a static and leaving everything else as it is would be the best option. Dropping mujin for strendu and hecate's for static should yield a loss of 2MAB for a gain of 2% MB bonus.

I should note again that I haven't tested any of those items so the numbers are only what I've seen reported on sites like this one, the wiki, BG, etc.

Also, as was mentioned, the ranged slot should be changed out for damage rather than Macc even if it is disappointing to remove what used to be a ridiculously rare and awesome item (actually I guess it is still pretty rare and awesome).
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-07 03:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If the bonus is only 3% I don't think it would do more than 6+ stat ring, as I had asked this same question to Night ( on BLU BT solo SC).
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-10-07 03:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i heard its 5% for both
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-10-07 03:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll test it on SCH
 Sylph.Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-10-07 04:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did little testing...

Tested on SCH b/c of solo SC/MB
229 fusion 1539 fire II MB w/ INT+6 ring
239 fusion 1629 fire II MB w/ Mujin Ring

If you can test it b4 me Gippo please do i'm too tired. I would like a confirmation on the percentage increase please if anybody want to enlighten me about it.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-10-07 04:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We just got a couple of these for members a week ago. Had I known it was 5%, I wouldn't have minded one for myself. However, I thought I'd save my points for the Oneiros Headgear. Taru in an actual usable yag hat ftw!!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-10-07 04:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Woops apparently the 3% was in reference to skillchain bonus and not the MB.