Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Scholar -Enmity Nuking Set
Scholar -Enmity Nuking Set
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-30 20:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So after the discussion in the lolPUP thread, Ninian and I got curious about what you'd be looking at for a nuking set on SCH that caps -enm. So far, I have this:

It has -25 enmity, waist slot left open for obis. With enmity-10 atmacite (primarily looking at Voidwatch atm), enmity-5 in merits, and Pax, that's enough for her to cap. Obviousy gets shuffled around a bit for JAs/Helices, but it's a start. Any suggestions?
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-30 21:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
So after the discussion in the lolPUP thread, Ninian and I got curious about what you'd be looking at for a nuking set on SCH that caps -enm. So far, I have this:

It has -25 enmity, waist slot left open for obis. With enmity-10 atmacite (primarily looking at Voidwatch atm), enmity-5 in merits, and Pax, that's enough for her to cap. Obviousy gets shuffled around a bit for JAs/Helices, but it's a start. Any suggestions?
Well with ebullience up you'd have to lose the head, but you might could make that up by using loltamas(don't do it) or that ring from imperial standing to make up for it
Other than that it looks good, obviously you're sacrificing some stuff, but nothing too major. The feet and the head are easily the biggest boosts to your damage, so as long as you keep those you'll be golden like a shower.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-30 21:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I think people eventually just gave up, but SE implied that the af3+2 body had something to do with enmity I think, but I don't think anyone thoroughly tested it and just ragequitted.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-30 21:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said: »
Also, I think people eventually just gave up, but SE implied that the af3+2 body had something to do with enmity I think, but I don't think anyone thoroughly tested it and just ragequitted.
Gah, I'm almost positive I read something about this within the past week or so and now I can't remember it.

Trooper's Ring would come up one short but if I swap the ammo for leisure musk then it still caps so that works. Helix spells, I was thinking Penitent's Rope + that new INT+4 ammo since you don't need obis for them.

EDIT: ombre tathlum
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-30 21:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Gah, I'm almost positive I read something about this within the past week or so and now I can't remember it.

Trooper's Ring would come up one short but if I swap the ammo for leisure musk then it still caps so that works. Helix spells, I was thinking Penitent's Rope + that new INT+4 ammo since you don't need obis for them.
Yeah, that works, and obviously yeah helices allow for a bit more flexibility due to the freed waist slot

But if you do have any information on the af3+2 body, please let me know, I don't frequent BG often enough to catch any testing done there, and lord knows wiki is wiki
I never end up playing sch nowadays because I low man everything and we need essentials, otherwise I'd test it myself :<
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-30 21:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

yah basically any spells from addendum black/white generate less enmity apparently but no one has really done any extensive testing as to whether its ve/ce etc.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-30 21:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

during libra testing when i have nuked i have generated 0 enmity from time to time, i only did a sample of 50 or so and it proc'd 4 times. After which i got bored, testing is byrth's forte, not mine.

you could use novia earring as well if you are just looking to add proc damage.

edit: wolf there WAS a post about testing done with it, i could never find it though, i wish i bookmarked it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-30 21:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's random rather than a constant bonus then it's not something I can build around, but that correlates with my hazy memory of the aforementioned post. May have actually been you if you mentioned it previously lol.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-30 21:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

lol. yeah its similar to af3 set procing, or shadow mantle/ring procing.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-10-04 12:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

if u want to use Ebullience

otherwise with no ebullience

-25 enmity both sets max dmg potential. realistically zodiac isnt going to process since ur casting to process, not to match the day.