Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Klimaform available during sub
Klimaform available during sub
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-26 00:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

so i just noticed u can use klimaform while using sch sub. this kinda upsets me since this is the AF weapon... but kinda useful for whm/sch landing addle and slow on harder ***...
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-26 00:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya that is odd....perhaps SE will change that, because that is kind of unfair to sch mains
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-26 00:09:24
Link | Quote | Reply

really?
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 00:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH as a support job grants B rank magic skills for any classical category, 10% MP cost reductions, and some of the job's most powerful stratagems on a fairly reasonable timer, and you're whining about Klimaform?

Something about Berserk, Utsusemi, Dual Wield, Hasso, Charm, Elemental Seal, Counterstance, Treasure Hunter, Cure, etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-26 00:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dodu said: »
SCH as a support job grants B rank magic skills for any classical category, 10% MP cost reductions, and some of the job's most powerful stratagems on a fairly reasonable timer, and you're whining about Klimaform?

Something about Berserk, Utsusemi, Dual Wield, Hasso, Charm, Elemental Seal, Counterstance, Treasure Hunter, Cure, etc.

well that too.... klimaform just adds to the list. since it adds a substantial amount of macc. i just fail to see how light art bonuses and now klimaform are granted to every other main job but Affliatus Solace bonus isnt... kinda wack of SE
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-09-26 00:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »

well that too.... klimaform just adds to the list. since it adds a substantial amount of macc. i just fail to see how light art bonuses and now klimaform are granted to every other main job but Affliatus Solace bonus isnt... kinda wack of SE
I don't believe they should allow Aff. Sol/Mis beyond whm. Just like Nin's JAs shouldn't be allowed on subs. SCH has a lot of nifty spells that no other jobs can use. they have a spell for tp gain, emnity loss and gain, those powerful DoTs. You're not a WHM, why you trying to lock your arts into healing (as you know if you had this skill people would want you to heal more then nuke, if you already are not prioritizing it)
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 01:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're missing the point. You're taking a label as arbitrary as "artifact spell" and trying to turn it into the core of the job. Before AF3 feet, Klimaform was about as pertinent to the scholar job as the Fencing Degen was to red mage. You know what was class-defining? Their ability to, on a truly minuscule recast timer, entirely change their magical specialization. That, like utsusemi, like DW, like TH, and like Charm is a truly make-or-break element to the job itself, and both the developers and the playerbase have had no issue sticking it in the candy bowl on the porch, waiting for the trick-or-treaters to come and snatch it away for themselves to use freely. There is no continuity with regard to what's worthy of being kept main job-specific and what's not, so caring now, in nearly this game's tenth year of life, is pretty damn silly.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-26 01:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said: »

I don't believe they should allow Aff. Sol/Mis beyond whm. Just like Nin's JAs shouldn't be allowed on subs. SCH has a lot of nifty spells that no other jobs can use. they have a spell for tp gain, emnity loss and gain, those powerful DoTs. You're not a WHM, why you trying to lock your arts into healing (as you know if you had this skill people would want you to heal more then nuke, if you already are not prioritizing it)

Its not just the spells. they have access to all SCH JA's lol(appropriate sub job level) so u cant really argue the NIN ja. cause u can accessions, penury and celerity etc...

They had spoken about nerfing light/dark arts in SE SCH forums but it wasnt done this update so. blah.

ur right i agree. But the fact that they are just giving all the sch JAs and spells at appropriate support job levels take away a lot of the main jobs luster. SCH's ability to cast a crapton of spells and still have have a bunch of MP has definitely been a staple of the job as someone who unlocked it upon WoTG release. The fact that any of the classic mage jobs are allowed access to that as well as the storm spells to obi themselves well yah.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-09-26 01:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kiori said: »

Its not just the spells. they have access to all SCH JA's lol(appropriate sub job level) so u cant really argue the NIN ja. cause u can accessions, penury and celerity etc...

They had spoken about nerfing light/dark arts in SE SCH forums but it wasnt done this update so. blah.

Just like how jobs who sub DNC have everything a main does. Just deal with it. Some jobs are better used as a sub. If you want to use Afflatus Solace go main WHM. At least they aren't lowering the level of your Job Abilities so a /sch can use it.
You guys got an amazing update. Be happy instead of whining about one spell people get by subbing SCH.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-09-26 01:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sekkanoki :(
[+]
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2011-09-26 01:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

/rdm refresh? I don't see the difference between losing refresh as a rdm only thing and losing klimaform as a sch only thing. Same thing for sams sekkanoki... I mean it was level 60 and they dropped it to 40. No reason to complain.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 01:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer is (now) a terrible main job, and scholar has always been a terrible main job. While I don't think they anticipated just how bad their job design actually was, the developers told us from the get-go that these jobs were created to be ideal support jobs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-26 01:19:50
Link | Quote | Reply

'Cause every other job's AF weapon is so useful that I just want to ***.
[+]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-26 01:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

im outnumbered going to eat my ice cream and cheetoes and call it a day!
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-26 01:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sch is not a terrible main job :(
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-26 04:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed, its far from terrible
[+]
By LoremIpsum 2011-09-26 04:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How you can say SCH has always been a terrible main means you've not seen a good SCH in action.

If SCH was such a terible main why were BLM's QQ'ing about SCH and why have there been countless discussions over who was the better nuker.

Theres a TON of discussions over SCH being better than x,y,z but survivability rather than outright power.

Embrava and Kaustra just made SCH more powerful (yes its only available under 2 hour but how many 2hr chests disappear in Abys these days - let alone how revit drinks are pretty much always in invent)

Allowing /SCH access to Klimaform is a bit silly of SE, being the "AF", but then it was probably expected.

maybe its nerfed like hasso.. has anyone actually done the tests.. a nerfed Klimaform wouldnt be a problem.. would it?
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 09:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Being better at soloing Apollyon zones two years ago doesn't make it a job significant in group play, and with the introduction of enmity douse, the gap became that much wider.

Scholar is trash unless you're able to lock yourself in Tabula Rasa.

And Hasso isn't nerfed. You get every important aspect when subbed.
By Artemicion 2011-09-26 09:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's the principle of it, more so than the actual usefulness of the spell. And in some respects I agree. It is kinda messed up to have an AF designated spell available via sub, regardless of how little use it has.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-26 09:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Being better at soloing Apollyon zones two years ago doesn't make it a job significant in group play, and with the introduction of enmity douse, the gap became that much wider.

people still waiting for you to elaborate that why is a trash job, a lot of people look for a sch on ls events, for with tp regain, phalanxga nuking power, unless you mean because for cure 5? whm used to be irrelevant on toa era, everyone wanted sch or rdm as main healers. not so "always" a trash job like you say
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 09:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only 'messed up' when you put far too much emphasis on what it means to be part of a job's 'artifact'. There isn't even any lore attached to the scholar artifact set.

I could maybe see some sort of rationalization if they were to make Warlock's Chapeau accessible to other jobs, because its so deeply embedded in the job's storyline, but come on.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 09:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »

people still waiting for you to elaborate that why is a trash job, a lot of people look for a sch on ls events, for with tp regain, phalanxga nuking power

AoE Phalanx is unimportant to anyone who isn't tanking, and the only currently relevant tank has it as a native spell. Adloquiem is absolute garbage, and you lose a considerable amount of total damage by sticking a SCH with your melee instead of a BRD(or another DD). BLM is significantly better at dealing damage in long and short battles.

I didn't elaborate because the reasons are blatantly obvious.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-26 09:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Its only 'messed up' when you put far too much emphasis on what it means to be part of a job's 'artifact'. There isn't even any lore attached to the scholar artifact set.

I could maybe see some sort of rationalization if they were to make Warlock's Chapeau accessible to other jobs, because its so deeply embedded in the job's storyline, but come on.
I really don't know what you're basing this off of, but there most certainly is. In fact, it's one of the more elaborate and well thought out ones if I do say so myself. I'm not going to argue that klimaform should or shouldn't be available as /sch, but do know that if you're arguing this as one of your points, I'm afraid that you're incorrect in that regard.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-09-26 09:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Not being optimal doesn't make it a terrible job.

Everything isn't black or white.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-26 09:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

people still waiting for you to elaborate that why is a trash job, a lot of people look for a sch on ls events, for with tp regain, phalanxga nuking power

AoE Phalanx is unimportant to anyone who isn't tanking, and the only currently relevant tank has it as a native spell. Adloquiem is absolute garbage, and you lose a considerable amount of total damage by sticking a SCH with your melee instead of a BRD(or another DD). BLM is significantly better at dealing damage in long and short battles.

sure dodu, when i come sch to events im always asked to phalanxga, then constantly keeping stoneskinga up and regain spell on plds when im not asked to main nuke, and no, blm can't keep up with mp outside abyssea vs sch on the nuking department , they can ROTATE (lulz) (sure..) spells, but the mp is very expensive, and needs refresh2, most plds doesn't even have enhancing caped, it's silly that you compare a sch or rdm phalanx vs a paladin c grade enhancing
By Artemicion 2011-09-26 09:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how Red Mage AF is significant in lore to the armor itself either.

It's been awhile though, I might have to look at some goblin footsteps to clarify further, but frankly that was all I got out of it.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-26 09:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

!!!!
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-26 09:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

sure dodu, when i come sch to events im always asked to phalanxga, then constantly keeping stoneskinga up and regain spell on plds when im not asked to main nuke, and no, blm can't keep up with mp outside abyssea vs sch on the nuking department , they can ROTATE (lulz) (sure..) spells, but the mp is very expensive, and needs refresh2

Phalanx is completely trivial to a DD who's getting hit by AoE damage, summoner is dramatically better at reducing anything that's going to hit non-tanks, SCH has no means of dumping their CE, and MP management is still a joke right now, inside or outside of Abyssea.

And when your job excels at virtually nothing, yeah, I'd say its pretty terrible class design. Unless of course you're going to tell me that PUP isn't terrible, either.

Its mindblowing that people are still capable of having job pride to the point of being completely unable to see their job's weaknesses.
By Artemicion 2011-09-26 09:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Every class has weaknesses and utility, that may or may not come into immediate practical application for every situation, but it doesn't completely nullify it of it's purpose.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-09-26 09:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

sure dodu, when i come sch to events im always asked to phalanxga, then constantly keeping stoneskinga up and regain spell on plds when im not asked to main nuke, and no, blm can't keep up with mp outside abyssea vs sch on the nuking department , they can ROTATE (lulz) (sure..) spells, but the mp is very expensive, and needs refresh2

Phalanx is completely trivial to a DD who's getting hit by AoE damage, summoner is dramatically better at reducing anything that's going to hit non-tanks, SCH has no means of dumping their CE, and MP management is still a joke right now, inside or outside of Abyssea.

And when your job excels at virtually nothing, yeah, I'd say its pretty terrible class design. Unless of course you're going to tell me that PUP isn't terrible, either.

Its mindblowing that people are still capable of having job pride to the point of being completely unable to see their job's weaknesses.

most plds doesn't even have enhancing caped, it's silly that you compare a sch or rdm phalanx vs a paladin c grade enhancing, you are just adding the entire smn commentary to add up some non-sense stuff, smn it's good for Earthen Armor, but you can't virtually expect a smn to put phalanx+ earth armor all the time, it will die from aoe like most of them do on voidwatch, ill just stop here, you still not explaining why is a trash job but silly arguments and no solid responses like the smn and pld phalanx one, the tp regain spell being a trash that's your opinion, i guess moonshade earring is trash as well for you. it's very normal expecting these kind of hating/bashing comments from you, you do it all the time on each forums.
First Page 2 3 4 5