The Ultimate Nuking Or Acc Elemental Staff!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » The ultimate Nuking or Acc elemental Staff!!
The ultimate Nuking or Acc elemental Staff!!
 Sylph.Katalsar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-09-01 05:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Was wonder would be great for all the hard working ToM players getting all the elemental staffs nuking/acc/summoning i.e. (dark/light/thunder/ice/wind/fire/water/earth) should be rewarded with their efforts for a 99 cap staff.

This staff would require a player to have all 8 staffs completed and to trade in all 8 element staffs (for example the ultimate nuking staff have to be all nuking 1:5 staffs..Acc Vice Versa) which would forge a new staff that combines all the elements into one where a player doesn't need to change back and forth.

This staff would have Crazy augments that is suitable for SE standards but rewarding for those who put so much work into their trials.

I can only think of three names Ultima's Staff(nuking) and Omega's Staff (Acc) Ultra's Staff (Summoning) that would be fitting.
[+]
 Shiva.Equilibrium
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Equilibrium 2011-09-01 06:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Would certainly free up tonnes of inventory space, maybe you should also post this suggetion on the official forums.
[+]
 Sylph.Morte
user: lVlorte
By Sylph.Morte 2011-09-01 18:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Could do the same for people who did each type of melee weapon for one of their jobs. Like Katanas. It would be super awesome the merge them all together with a Kannagi so it would be useful outside Abyssea.
By thornbringer 2011-09-01 18:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 lolSch
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-01 18:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Morte said: »
Could do the same for people who did each type of melee weapon for one of their jobs. Like Katanas. It would be super awesome the merge them all together with a Kannagi so it would be useful outside Abyssea.
Would be a little more broken than having a staff with all of them, since TP loss isn't an issue for mages.

"Magic Damage+6 Magic Accuracy+2 Magic Casting Time -15%" versus

"Dmg 60 STR+10 ATK+22 AGI +10 Eva +20 DEX +10" etc. etc.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-01 18:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Morte said: »
that sounds like a terrible idea.
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-09-01 18:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking the same thing yo. but would be better if had the empyrean staff and all 8 ele staves thend conjoin them into one
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-09-01 19:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish this were true. It would free up a lot of room.

Occult Acumen might even become useful too, Vidohunir every now and then for that epeen fun.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-01 19:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said: »
I wish this were true. It would free up a lot of room.

Occult Acumen might even become useful too, Vidohunir every now and then for that epeen fun.
Only if you want to give up 1 tick of refresh! :<
 Lakshmi.Xcape
Server: Lakshmi
user: Xcape
By Lakshmi.Xcape 2011-09-01 19:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think it should be an all in one staff (emp. + ele.) For one when do we really ever get tp non the less get to ws. Imma jus be happy w/ 1 staff for 8 elements. 1 staff for avatars ^^
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-09-01 19:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Xcape said: »
I dont think it should be an all in one staff (emp. + ele.) For one when do we really ever get tp non the less get to ws. Imma jus be happy w/ 1 staff for 8 elements. 1 staff for avatars ^^

Putting emp in the mix would be too OP but I don't see any problem with 8 ele staves being mixed together. It's not breaking the game. No huge buff. It just saves room and allows blm's to gain tp (Not that they -need- to). I would suggest the OP puts forth his suggestion on the official forums if not done already. It's a long shot but hey, it would be pretty cool.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-09-01 20:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
blm tp is nice don't under value it. if you had 20-30 mobs on you, nothing any mage job can do would out damage a 300% Cataclysm, plus you get a strong amount of tp from casting -ga spells on many targets anyways
wouldnt you have to /whm to be able to cata? doesnt sound so appealing. along with losing 1 tic in main hand slot, would be losing refresh from sub rdm. losing the 1 tic doesnt sound so bad to me, but the spell, i unno.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-01 20:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zellc said: »
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
blm tp is nice don't under value it. if you had 20-30 mobs on you, nothing any mage job can do would out damage a 300% Cataclysm, plus you get a strong amount of tp from casting -ga spells on many targets anyways
wouldnt you have to /whm to be able to cata? doesnt sound so appealing. along with losing 1 tic in main hand slot, would be losing refresh from sub rdm. losing the 1 tic doesnt sound so bad to me, but the spell, i unno.
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11621/chrys-torque
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-09-01 20:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katalsar said: »
Was wonder would be great for all the hard working ToM players getting all the elemental staffs nuking/acc/summoning i.e. (dark/light/thunder/ice/wind/fire/water/earth) should be rewarded with their efforts for a 99 cap staff.

This staff would require a player to have all 8 staffs completed and to trade in all 8 element staffs (for example the ultimate nuking staff have to be all nuking 1:5 staffs..Acc Vice Versa) which would forge a new staff that combines all the elements into one where a player doesn't need to change back and forth.

This staff would have Crazy augments that is suitable for SE standards but rewarding for those who put so much work into their trials.

I can only think of three names Ultima's Staff(nuking) and Omega's Staff (Acc) Ultra's Staff (Summoning) that would be fitting.
Sounds like a good idea.Though I get the feeling that the lvl 99 staff version will have different names for SMN,Magic acc and magic attack. I hope anyway ;_;

My inventory would love your suggestion
more though ;_; LETS PRAY!
 Bahamut.Zellc
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-09-01 20:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

touche i guess. but i like the idea of having them combined to access the emp ws. its time they make better use of the trait occult. my solution for this dilemma.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-09-01 20:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are completely ruling out Owleyes, you may as well just full-time Varuna's +2 in Abyssea and make use of Occult Acumen in full damage situations (and proc really). The arsenal of high tier Ice spells is enough to make it worth it, especially with Blizzaja around the corner.
 Sylph.Katalsar
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-09-01 20:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright since everyone think its a great idea I would submit this idea to SE forums.