Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » New Dynamis Camps
New Dynamis Camps
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-08-24 11:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

While I know people are loathe to give up their 'honey holes', I figured I'd try my luck at getting some camp advice.

I've tried several places (2box nin/dnc + rdm/thf) with the exact same result every time, that being 60-75 coins. Where I have tried:

Xarc at count Raum. Pros: /ja mobs cons: crowded

Xarc in tunnel by TE: Pros: /ja mobs and bst nm Cons: crowded

Windy just before 1st TE: Pros: /ja and ws mobs cons: one TE requires sac

Sandy at N. Sandy zoneline: Pros: safe Cons: TE can be sucky if downstairs aggros, ninja NM can charm and waste time, magic proc mobs

Bastok at Gusta zone: Pros: Safe and good mobs Cons: crowded and 5th TE can suck to 2box.

I eat food and my ninja is well equipped. Other than the upgrade to (90) Kannagi and a better haidate augment there is nothing I really lack. But then I hear about people getting 100-300 coins and figure it must be the camp because I am procing them and killing them as fast as I can. The only way I could increase kill speed would be to pull and stage on my 2box while proc/killing and that is really more of a hassle than I am looking for.

Any tips or camps to push my production from 70 up to 100+?
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-08-24 11:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

^^^^What he said. Try to find a camp w/ at least 2 NM spawns and kill their PH, then whatever else in the down time (preferably ja mobs.) I do this BST/DNC and can net anywhere from 70 coins on a bad run and up to 300 on good ones. As for a camp being crowded, I just search the zone before I decide when to go, if there's more than 12, or more than 2 BSTs, I'll go do something else and come back later. Also i see in some search comments people will record the time they entered so you have a general idea of when they are leaving.
 Siren.Barber
Server: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-08-24 11:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I do see a lot of bsts in dyna. I'm not adverse to leveling a job strictly for one thing but is bst really so much of a monster in dyna that a very pedestrian bst with, at best, magian axes would kill more quickly than a emp nin/dnc?

I figure there are so many in there it has to be dominant, just wondering how good it is.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-08-24 11:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the benefit of going bst is just the ability to solo so well. I don't think I've them in there otherwise. (Then again, I don't pay attention, either.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-08-24 11:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

DipperYuly barely gets touched +TH3 and the ability to have more than one mob on you w/o the need for sleep.

Even Nazuna has it's advantages with Sheep Song for crowd control (plus it can procc JA mobs via AoE.) But overall DipperYuly w/ two Eva axes is pretty dominant.
 Cerberus.Valmur
Server: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-24 11:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

BST/DNC it's impossible not to proc on JA mob's and can kill well..depends on the bst slow <-> fast, that and you got a pet incase agro or le derp factor kicks in
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-08-24 11:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said: »
I do see a lot of bsts in dyna. I'm not adverse to leveling a job strictly for one thing but is bst really so much of a monster in dyna that a very pedestrian bst with, at best, magian axes would kill more quickly than a emp nin/dnc?

I figure there are so many in there it has to be dominant, just wondering how good it is.

I've seen BSTs with full perle in there soloing away. Not sure on how much currency they're getting, but they're there.