Black Mage Job Adjustments - Answers To User Sugg.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Black Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
Black Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
First Page 2
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 18:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

08-17-2011 06:33 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

All right all you wanna-be Vivis and < insert your favorite FF black mage here >, your feedback has arrived!

Quote:
Get rid of the differences in strength of the various elemental magic spells so that specific elements aren’t the only types used.
There is definitely a trend of black mages using only the stronger elements; however, we are aware that this is a large issue for elemental magic adjustments.

However, if we simply get rid of the stat differences and make all elemental spells equal, there will be concerns that the advantageous aspects of each element will be lost. Also there would be a need to completely change the levels in which these spells are learned. We are currently looking into adjustments that will enhance the merits of each element and their usage by establishing differences through enhancing damage and other elements via power, MP cost, status bonuses, etc.

Quote:
Lower the MP cost of tier V elemental magic spells.
Along with what was stated above, we are planning to rethink MP costs and will be looking into these adjustments as well.

Quote:
Increase the damage of ancient magic II spells.
We are planning to look into this at the time of merit point revamps. However, since the attractiveness of other elemental magic would become pretty weak by just increasing the damage, we would like to make adjustments in a different direction.

Quote:
Add single target magic that has the same effect as ja-type spells.
The dark elemental magic we are planning to add in the next version update features quite similar stats.

Quote:
Do you have any plans of adding Death?
We do not have any plans at the moment.

Quote:
Would like magic similar to the opening movie where multiple black mages are required to cast it.
Ja-type spells were created with this in mind, as a damage bonus is added when the same spell is cast repeatedly. Also, in regards to magic to be added in the future, we are continuing to explore whether it would be possible to implement a system similar to what you are requesting.

Quote:
Make it so a percent of the damage dealt by elemental magic is converted into MP.
More than a job trait or ability, I think looking into similar effects for equipment would be more plausible.

Quote:
Add an ability that increases the damage of the next spell cast.
We will look into it. Of course, as you would expect, a risk would be associated with this though.

Quote:
Let us use staff weapon skills that are only for certain jobs and support jobs.
We will look into this along with the weapon skill revamps.

Quote:
Weapons are only being used to enhance stats, so please revamp the damage aspect of weapons.
We consider a black mage’s weapon to be magic. To give a pretty extreme example, the concept is that you are a magic expert, but have little to no weapon attack power.

Of course we are not rejecting black mage’s close range combat and weapon skills will be added, but we plan to focus adjustments on magic first and foremost.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 18:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

close combat blm's? >.> <.< I get whm, but could someone tell me why a blm would?
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 18:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

they need tp for spirit taker
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-17 18:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I was fine until I saw the last two questions.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 18:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Isn't there a weaponskill that increases magic dmg, or lowers the resistance? The mythic one or something? I'm not entirely sure why a blm would be melee'ing when their spells are so strong.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 18:44:58
Link | Quote | Reply

looking into something like whm af3+2 legs for nukes? that'd be pretty badass.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 18:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Isn't there a weaponskill that increases magic dmg, or lowers the resistance? The mythic one or something? I'm not entirely sure why a blm would be melee'ing when their spells are so strong.
vidohunir is awesome for epeen screenshots!

(i don't have it because i'm lazy)
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-17 18:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lowering the cost of Teir Vs? Yes please.
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-08-17 18:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont get the last question. We do have high damage staves available *cough*empyrean*cough*. or did they mean something else?

EDIT: If we are going to get better melee stats/weapons, screw staves. i want a freakin scythe
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 18:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
looking into something like whm af3+2 legs for nukes? that'd be pretty badass.
Yea, that would be very cool for BLM's, but I think there would be an issue with getting it to be just right so it's not overpowering. Damage taken (earring) is totally different than dealing damage, so I'm not so sure how exactly they will go about doing that or if they even will. With such varying ranges of damage between every BLM it would grant an equally wide of range for MP conversion.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-17 18:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only seen one BLM Mythic. (looking at your LS Lorzy.)
By Jovant 2011-08-17 18:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »

kinda hard to spirit taker if your changing staffs constantly each cast... thats if your doing blm right ofcourse <.<;

edit: FYI.. notice you cant spirit taker with a scythe... for those full time Maleficus blm's >.>; (had to kill the notion before some wise *** said something about it)
 Hades.Triet
Server: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2011-08-17 18:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Aww no death ;_; What I would like to see, but I doubt it would be done is like an Osmose job ability.

Perhaps something that is based off the users HP. Where it would inflict a percentage of that damage to mob (yielding enmity towards the blm) and also convert that damage to MP. Was thinking would be cool to have and Osmose ability that drained MP from a mob, costing 0 mp, but I am sure that wouldn't pass. And the Osmose ability would be able to work on mobs that don't have MP (excluding undead...obviously). Could have like a 10minute timer with a slight chance of failure so it's not too "strong."

@Kalilla; Because they gave us Occult Accumen. >_> Like it's been totally useful to us! :D
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-08-17 18:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Jovant said: »
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »

kinda hard to spirit taker if your changing staffs constantly each cast... thats if your doing blm right ofcourse <.<;

edit: FYI.. notice you cant spirit taker with a scythe... for those full time Maleficus blm's >.>; (had to kill the notion before some wise *** said something about it)

F spirit taker. when i'm messing around i like scythes. much more bad ***.
 Siren.Eclipsys
user: Eclipsys
By Siren.Eclipsys 2011-08-17 18:56:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Where's the question about fixing how many goddamn staves we have to carry around?
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 19:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

it was awesome when it was only porkpork and beanbean who had it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-17 19:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ha, I knew meteor/comet would be dark based. Time to work on those dark dmg staff or is the dark elemental magic being added a diff spell.
[+]
By Datruthuhate 2011-08-17 19:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

its all speculation & bs to me, probably gonna do close to nothing for improvement if they do any at all... here some bread crubs lil birdies... lol @ SE

FYI: DONT GET YA HOPES UP
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 19:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

They usually release their updates in 3's, so I'm going to guess that WHM and... what else hasn't come out yet? THF? I'll say those two will be released soon with more pointless questions asked/answered :D
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 19:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

THF's up. Page 21 on the THF forum thread.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 19:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Ha, I knew meteor/comet would be dark based. Time to work on those dark dmg staff or is the dark elemental magic being added a diff spell.

And then it becomes obsolte with 95 gear.

Oh god I'd laugh.

I do believe that all the best items shouldn't be through trials anyway. It would be nice to have NMs to drop good staves, even if the drop rate was ***or the NM was pretty difficult.

I always wished TotM was more solo based, but not the only way to get the best gear.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 19:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
THF's up. Page 21 on the THF forum thread.
bah, i have no clue then~ I don't remember all of them that have come out.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-17 19:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
it was awesome when it was only porkpork and beanbean who had it.
yeah, the good ol' days :(
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-17 19:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They usually release their updates in 3's, so I'm going to guess that WHM and... what else hasn't come out yet? THF? I'll say those two will be released soon with more pointless questions asked/answered :D
war
 Shiva.Karichan
user: Kari
By Shiva.Karichan 2011-08-17 19:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I took the last question as "Why do you give us weapons like the Empy Staff, when damage is useless for us?"
But the answer was nothing similar. :<
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-08-17 19:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like mostly non-answers from the developers.

"We understand everyone casts Blizzard and Thunder spells, and that you're interested in better balance between the other elemental spells. We also either don't care, or don't care to do the work that would be needed to make the other elements more useable."

"We're also going to 'look into' a bunch of other 'possibilities' for increasing damage, as you all have suggested. We're also probably not going to do any of those things, because we like BLM just as it is, really. We just had to make this post because all the other jobs are getting a 'hey, we're listening' page, and people would 'cry foul' if BLM didn't have a page, too."
[+]
 Siren.Jingles
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2011-08-17 19:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said: »
war
Now that will be very useless Q&A. The only reasonable thing I could see them addressing is the possibility of making WAR a viable tank outside Aby (since SE seems to entertain the thought, what with past gear sets.)

I'm with Clippy with the staves though, especially since Magian staves took Ele staves and multiplied them. I could see them even doing what they did with Elementals in Aby and combining some. But needing at minimum eight weapons at all times is silly...
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 20:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Knowing SE, they'd probably give WAR Souleater or something like that.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-17 21:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Seems like mostly non-answers from the developers.

"We understand everyone casts Blizzard and Thunder spells, and that you're interested in better balance between the other elemental spells. We also either don't care, or don't care to do the work that would be needed to make the other elements more useable."

Ok... so apperntly this doesn't count as an answer.
Quote:
We are currently looking into adjustments that will enhance the merits of each element and their usage by establishing differences through enhancing damage and other elements via power, MP cost, status bonuses, etc.

"We're also going to 'look into' a bunch of other 'possibilities' for increasing damage, as you all have suggested. We're also probably not going to do any of those things, because we like BLM just as it is, really. We just had to make this post because all the other jobs are getting a 'hey, we're listening' page, and people would 'cry foul' if BLM didn't have a page, too."

Your being a little harsh... SE has been overall rather good to the blm job. Why all the hostility?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-17 21:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said: »
Your being a little harsh... SE has been overall rather good to the blm job. Why all the hostility?
Really?
Do you need to ask?
[+]
First Page 2