users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Goldsmithing » Goldsmitting + synergy help ;_;
Goldsmitting + synergy help ;_;
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 16:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my goldsmitting to 50 like years ago.Anyone have ideas what is the best/cheapest way to get to 100? Or know an updated guide for it?

Also, anyone could explain to a tard how synergy works? <.<
I have the quest done so I can actually do synergy but more I try to read ffxiclopedia about it more I feel like shooting myself.

I feel completly tard and blonde* these days.
Help me out ;_;

TY Ari gold from Entourage!
By Entourage 2011-08-17 16:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

blonde*

/trolling
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-17 16:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

*snicker*

Smitting?
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 18:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

/cry
I guess no1 wanna help a lost woman =(
 Leviathan.Jekyll
Server: Leviathan
user: surfjam04
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-08-17 18:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so I know nothing about goldsmithing, so we'll skip that for now.

Synergy, however, let's do an example.

Say you trade materials x and y to make item z. It tells you a goal elemental balance, lets pretend its something simple, like fire 35.
You want to start by feeding fire fewell. As you do this, you will also notice the pressure and impurity ratio go up. As impurity ratio goes up, so do your chances of explosions. You want to attempt to keep your impurity ratio below 30% (to lower it you purge impurities). Let's say you're feeding fire fewell and you go over the 35 and end up at 40, you can feed water fewell to lower the fire back down. Leaks can also occur during synthesis, for example, if your furnace is leaking fire, you want to use ice to make it stop (fire burns ice) - its the same for all the other elements so you must have a basic understanding of the elemental wheel -. Explosions may also occur, if an explosion is about to occur you want to thwack the furnace for a chance at stopping it (not 100%). Once the synergy is complete, you will receive a message that your product has taken form, at which time you will choose "end synergy" from the menu.

I think that's about as basic as I can explain it :/ You have to familiarize yourself with the synergy menu in order to make things easier for yourself.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 18:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Jekyll said: »

Say you trade materials x and y to make item z. It tells you a goal elemental balance, lets pretend its something simple, like fire 35.
You want to start by feeding fire fewell. As you do this, you will also notice the pressure and impurity ratio go up. As impurity ratio goes up, so do your chances of explosions. You want to attempt to keep your impurity ratio below 30% (to lower it you purge impurities). Let's say you're feeding fire fewell and you go over the 35 and end up at 40, you can feed water fewell to lower the fire back down. Leaks can also occur during synthesis, for example, if your furnace is leaking fire, you want to use ice to make it stop (fire burns ice) - its the same for all the other elements so you must have a basic understanding of the elemental wheel -. Explosions may also occur, if an explosion is about to occur you want to thwack the furnace for a chance at stopping it (not 100%). Once the synergy is complete, you will receive a message that your product has taken form, at which time you will choose "end synergy" from the menu.

I think that's about as basic as I can explain it :/ You have to familiarize yourself with the synergy menu in order to make things easier for yourself.
I am guessing I need something to higher/lowers elemtents? like an item or it's just a funacle comand?
 Leviathan.Jekyll
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-08-17 18:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said: »

I am guessing I need something to higher/lowers elemtents? like an item or it's just a funacle comand?
It is a furnace command, feed fewell > then you choose the fewell type you want to feed.

Edit: your synergy crucible (KI) holds 99 of each fewell element, you can refill this by talking to the synergy npc before/after a synth.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 18:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

skilling up is mostly the old recipes, so older guides are fine for the most part. newer stuff you can make: synthing geodes gets you to 51 i think, and oberon's gold later. gold ingots are more expensive than they used to be, so you might want to be more careful with those synths, but at least you can do 77-87 on beads fairly easily now (if you have +2 from gp).
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 18:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said: »
skilling up is mostly the old recipes, so older guides are fine for the most part. newer stuff you can make: synthing geodes gets you to 51 i think, and oberon's gold later. gold ingots are more expensive than they used to be, so you might want to be more careful with those synths, but at least you can do 77-87 on beads fairly easily now (if you have +2 from gp).
oh wow, all those geode I trown away :<
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 19:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a furnace command, feed fewell > then you choose the fewell type you want to feed.

Edit: your synergy crucible (KI) holds 99 of each fewell element, you can refill this by talking to the synergy npc before/after a synth.
Thank you very much, you helped alot more then ffxiclopedia gibberish.

Though I guess I only get to do goldmithing-synergy type of receipe?
I think I need to get all craft to 60 lol
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 19:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

for skilling up synergy i just spam feed fewell, but i also suck at actually making stuff. so learning how to get the numbers right while skilling isn't a bad idea but spamming fewell is easier.
 Leviathan.Jekyll
By Leviathan.Jekyll 2011-08-17 19:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of recipes that don't require any craft, I found skilling up on nuggets to be the easiest. bronze > silver > gold > mythril > platinum, they all have their respective caps -and only require synergy!- (to get to 80 you do need a craft that you can at least get 15k gp items on to make a stall) You can practice with something basic like orange juice (lvl 10 synth) if you want to learn how to do it properly, just never complete the synthesis if you're doing it for skillups, as you don't lose materials.

Edit: spamming the correct fewell element of the synth is a good way to get skillups, you'll also explode a lot doing this, so get that mage job out :3
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 19:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

there are some synergy-only recipes. if you have an apron (guessing you don't) you can do that into the mid-40s (for some reason the cap is different for different aprons). otherwise you're looking at nugget recipes to 70. for 80 i just did bone stall but if you're leveling it before having a veteran craft you'll need a friend to be able to skill up on stalls, or need to find another synth. last time i checked i didn't know of anything else that capped at 80+.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 19:17:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There are a lot of recipes that don't require any craft, I found skilling up on nuggets to be the easiest. bronze > silver > gold > mythril > platinum, they all have their respective caps -and only require synergy!- (to get to 80 you do need a craft that you can at least get 15k gp items on to make a stall) You can practice with something basic like orange juice (lvl 10 synth) if you want to learn how to do it properly, just never complete the synthesis if you're doing it for skillups, as you don't lose materials.

Edit: spamming the correct fewell element of the synth is a good way to get skillups, you'll also explode a lot doing this, so get that mage job out :3
How do I don't complete a synth?
There is an option for that? lemme get in town I gotta try this!
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 19:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

when you're able to complete a synth, it'll give you a message and you'll be able to select an "end synergy" option. just don't do that, and you'll get your materials back instead of completing the synth.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 19:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

when you're able to complete a synth, it'll give you a message and you'll be able to select an "end synergy" option. just don't do that, and you'll get your materials back instead of completing the synth.
oh wow ty
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 19:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried juice and the carrot broth thing, keeps repeating I dont have the required cooking skill =(
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 19:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

there's a required craft level to be able to start the synth. you can attempt any synergy recipe from level 0 synergy, but you'll explode a lot more the bigger the difference is.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 19:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

there's a required craft level to be able to start the synth. you can attempt any synergy recipe from level 0 synergy, but you'll explode a lot more the bigger the difference is.
well they say for the carrot thing that it needs amateur in cooking wich I got but it still say I don't have the required lvl?
I'm lost ;_;
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 19:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

for some reason there's a specific level, like other crafts, but they only tell you the rank.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 19:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

for some reason there's a specific level, like other crafts, but they only tell you the rank.
aww ok, ty
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 19:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

if you don't want to level cooking, your best bet would probably starting with nuggets like mentioned above, although i believe it's mythril >> gold and not the other way around.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 19:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

meh, I will just get all my sub craft to 60 then try to get goldsmitting and synergy up at the same time
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-17 20:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure if you can actually skill a main craft in synergy, and leveling your subs is probably a bad idea. look at what you want to synth first, because you'll probably want to break-synth at some point. if you do, you'll want to keep smithing and/or alchemy low enough so you'll be able to do the synth but have a high chance to break.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2011-08-17 20:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been doing the fail-synth-to-skill-up method and feeding fire fewell. Mythril takes you to 40-ish, and gold should take you to 60-ish...? In the week or so, I'm at Synergy 20 (I hate mini-games).

As for goldsmithing, at 50-53, go to Davoi, kill the troopers, desynth orcmasks into gold ingots. I tend to sell half and skill with the other half, doing gold earrings or hairpins synth/desynth until I deplete my gold ingots. Once I move out of gold, I'll sell all the ingots and fund skills that way, I think. I have not looked at 60+.
By animeplusmore 2011-08-17 20:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

well im 100 gold and 80 synergy 60 all if im correct you can skill gold any synergy at same time with some recipies not sure on which ones but i think pyrosoul rings till 100 gold and 79 synegy and just keep fialing synth till its all capped never tried them under 100 gold cap so not sure but worth a shot
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-17 20:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
I have been doing the fail-synth-to-skill-up method and feeding fire fewell. Mythril takes you to 40-ish, and gold should take you to 60-ish...? In the week or so, I'm at Synergy 20 (I hate mini-games).

As for goldsmithing, at 50-53, go to Davoi, kill the troopers, desynth orcmasks into gold ingots. I tend to sell half and skill with the other half, doing gold earrings or hairpins synth/desynth until I deplete my gold ingots. Once I move out of gold, I'll sell all the ingots and fund skills that way, I think. I have not looked at 60+.
oh wow, that is a great idea.TY
By Wojo 2011-08-23 11:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh, Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier. I've done Goldsmithing 60~100 post abyssea last feb~may

You need to exploit a few things that are 'easy' now thanks to abyssea:

1) Geodes are cheap and easy way to get to 51.
2) Platinum is way more cheap and easy to come by.
3) Elemental ore is way more cheap and easy to come by.
4) Orichalcum ore is slightly more common now.

There are a few things abyssea did NOT do for goldsmiths:

1) Gold ingots are still expensive as hell.

So between platinum, elemental ore and orichalcum, you hafto deal with gold. Gold sucks. I supplemented that with Shrimp lanterns and the Sheets made via goblins in Oldton Movopolis. Gold orcmasks is not that great tbh and there actually pretty rare and there are better ways to farm and actually buy the gold (or steal gold beastcoins).

Get your glasses and apron ASAP - that's going to help you start working on beads a full 15 levels below cap lol.

Also, take up a particular religion. I prayed a lot for skill-ups during the painful gold crafting sections. I would say things like, "If there is a god, I will get 2 skill-ups in a row!" then 3! then 4! and it worked (sometimes)!

You're on my server looks like. Hit me up in game sometimes and I'll help ya out.