BST Questions!!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST questions!!
BST questions!!
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-08-15 12:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya BST comunity!

I lvld my BST recently and got some questions for the veteran BSTs:

In dynamis, i see BSTs throwing pets to a group of mobs then when heeling the pet, losing all links aggro completely but the main mob, how is this possible? heel + stay? tried it yesterday in dyna-sandy (just experimenting really, damn crowded namis lol) and didnt do it very well :<

Read up Dipperyuli gets enough eva to tank anything that isnt new content so, is it really needed to make the eva axes? i started 1 already (gonna do 2 eva and 2 PDT + mirke body with dmg taken -10) but wanted feedback if possible, thought on using charmers + 1 eva axe for good DD output and to help dipper while DDing with her, 2 eva axes when she just DDs.

And this is just for clarification: with ducal guard atma + x2 -10PDT axes + mirke + af3+2 legs = capped -pdt as of now am i right?

Thanks in advance, any other input will be welcome :D
 Asura.Toxleh
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Toxeus
By Asura.Toxleh 2011-08-15 12:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure its mdk helm that gets the -10% pdt, and not mirke, but yeah just correcting you
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-15 14:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

anwing helm (pet damage taken 10%, double pdt axes, af3 leg+2 and dual guard
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-15 14:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

xenomasterkenshin said:
Heya BST comunity! I lvld my BST recently and got some questions for the veteran BSTs: In dynamis, i see BSTs throwing pets to a group of mobs then when heeling the pet, losing all links aggro completely but the main mob, how is this possible? heel + stay? tried it yesterday in dyna-sandy (just experimenting really, damn crowded namis lol) and didnt do it very well :< Read up Dipperyuli gets enough eva to tank anything that isnt new content so, is it really needed to make the eva axes? i started 1 already (gonna do 2 eva and 2 PDT + mirke body with dmg taken -10) but wanted feedback if possible, thought on using charmers + 1 eva axe for good DD output and to help dipper while DDing with her, 2 eva axes when she just DDs. And this is just for clarification: with ducal guard atma + x2 -10PDT axes + mirke + af3+2 legs = capped -pdt as of now am i right? Thanks in advance, any other input will be welcome :D

You sure it wasn't Fight + Leave that made the BST lose agro? Heel only brings the group back with you as far as I know. From what I've seen Dipper handles Dynamis really well. As for the other questions, bump. I tried NN in Dynamis - Windy and when multiple mobs are on her....she tanks (as in goes under)
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-08-15 14:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It should be Leave that drops all linked aggro. Works the same way with Avatars and Release. When mobs link, and you either Leave/Release your pet, or wait for it to die, only the target mob comes after you.

The only problem here is if it's slow to getting out of linking range, it can relink everything on its way to you. Casters, BRD, NIN, and RNG can be problematic with pet pulls.

You have a few seconds for it to get out of relinking range though so usually it's OK to do so.
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-08-15 15:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it was leave im not sure, thanks for the answers, capping merits and doing magian atm, did xarca today with so-so reward build (MND mainly) and just was curing 1100 or so on dipper, gonna make a better build since i saw like 1700 or so rewards lol, mine was just weak :<

Thanks for the replies, i dont know if ill turn the moogle hat into BST because i use it for NIN, we will see in the future ^^
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-08-15 19:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

right... Bst90 as of about an hour ago and looking over all the things I need to collect to make this a functionally useful job.

2x Evasion Axes
2x PDT Axes
AF3+2

ACP body (??? / ???)
AMK helm (??? / -pdt)

Beast Buzbands (from NM in Mamook)
Shepherds Chain

Reward set (Focus on +potency & +MND)
like this one I've stolen.

Is there anything else that's "BST specific" that I should be on the lookout for?
 Odin.Ceas
Server: Odin
user: Ceas
By Odin.Ceas 2011-08-15 19:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Is there anything else that's "BST specific" that I should be on the lookout for?

Selemnus Belt and MDB axes are useful for a mdb/mdt build. Not needed of course but still useful especially against BLM Mobs.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-17 09:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Reward Set I'm aiming for, just some mor eMND than what you have. Realized just now that reward potency caps at 50% like any other cure. Had to quick fix my set for this. Saves me having to go the effort for +1 Ogre Gloves.

Could swap Twilight Helm for Warbonnet if you're not spamming reward for something like JoF. I chose Faith torque because I also have MNK leveled.
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-08-20 03:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

*bumps with some questions*

Best is best... and I'm all for understanding what the best is, but how much does MND affect Reward? I don't really expect to go solo Vrtra, JoF or an Ironclad.

Also how important are 2x PDT or 2x EVA axes... when do you find yourself using both instead of just one, or one of each?

Given the prices of Pets/Food at what point do you just say "this costs to much to be a viable solo"

Is Atma of the Ducal Guard basically required for a Bst soloing NM's in Abyssea?
By Starkzz 2011-08-20 05:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Teleniel said: »
*bumps with some questions* Best is best... and I'm all for understanding what the best is, but how much does MND affect Reward? I don't really expect to go solo Vrtra, JoF or an Ironclad. Also how important are 2x PDT or 2x EVA axes... when do you find yourself using both instead of just one, or one of each? Given the prices of Pets/Food at what point do you just say "this costs to much to be a viable solo" Is Atma of the Ducal Guard basically required for a Bst soloing NM's in Abyssea?

Well, first MND isn't a massive increase to your rewards, but ofc a welcome increase nonetheless. I think in capped reward+%
gear and an zeta biscuit I can do 1.6k cures outside, and just twilight body, two aquasoul rings, and two star earrings adds about 30 more HP to it. So yeah, not huge increase and that's not 100% accurate, but roughly correct.

In fights where it's very important to not join the fight you use your pet stat axes, few examples: Vrtra(especially important) JoFaith, Cerberus and such NMs like those. For Dipperyuly, I will always use two EVA axes, if the mob is accurate rendering EVA tanking meh, don't even use Dipper.

Use NN if mob is very accurate or can deal unavoidable damage consistantly, few exapmles of that: KS99 Behemoth, KS99 Wyrm, Tiamat
and the likes.

I very rarely find myself needing to use anything other than zeta biscuits to keep my Dipper alive, two EVA axes srsly is the ***, even Vrtra solo I'd use maybe 3 stacks of zeta and thats it, no Eta or Dawn Mulsums

As for DG being a requirement, I'm gonna say no. That being said, naturally, it's a tremendously good atma to BST's arsenal and should be taken advantage of assuming you have the means to get it (personally I struggled coz I'm lazy and that took kinda ages ;/)