Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Jin
Blade: Jin
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-13 12:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

you keep saying jin sucks, but you seem to be talking about every other aspect of kannagi. yes, kannagi is good. that's not the point here, it's not like everybody didn't know it already.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 12:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Hi does not lose it's edge AT ALL outside, aftermath + double ws damage(My hi's do double the damage my jins did outside <_<) + higher damage katana is huge.

It's also not a lot of effort at all, and if you're serious about NIN you should get a Kannagi, blade: jin is really weak.
Hi obviously blows Jin away, but it doesn't suck. Nin also isn't my main job so I'm not *that* stuck on getting it, but it would be a nice addition. Pretty sure my highest Jin was around 6.5k which isn't too shabby imo :P
But if I'm that worried about damage I'll change to war~ ;D
 Cerberus.Mystina
Server: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-13 12:22:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kannagi is so common at this point, i am actually shocked if i see a nin WITHOUT it, every 7/9 nins i see have a kannagi, it is far to easy not to get tbh, of course it is personal choice as always, but telling somone "get a kannagi" isn't very nice, can't expect everyone to like nin enough to make an empy for it. jin has always been the bread&butter WS for nin for years, it just got destroyed by another one :l but that isn;t to say somone should feel bad for using it, even when i "accidently" use jin or have to use it so i dont ruby mobs i still often see 2-3k+ at times, jin most definatly does not suck.

And Hi certainly kills jin outside as well, you just have to comeplty change your WS gear for it vs inside abyssea, as i often see 1.9-2k+ and inr are cases even squeeze 3k in there, jin most certainly can't get close to any of that often.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-08-13 12:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, you can say what you want but not getting Hi at least means you don't care about the job itself much, IMO.
Hi helps a great deal with tanking and with Kannagi even more so.
The WoE version you can solo 100% (well, with help of your NPC for the last VNM) so it's just being lazy if you don't have to means to do Kannagi.

That being said, neither of the weapons that offer Hi are required in order to tank successfully but it makes fights and the accumulation of hate take longer.

At least the OP is trying to optimize Jin in order to make to most of this weaker WS. But it's obvious that this is only the easy way out and only a minor tweak.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 12:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I average 2k Hi's outside on ep/dc mobs, while my jin's were averaging 1k on very EP mobs ._.
By Gimp 2011-08-13 12:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

question about rancor collar, is it really worth using for ws when your crit rate inside abbsyea is so high already and with da/ta procs there's still a good chance of crit proc'ing so wouldn't iga neck(or does asa beat iga neck) be better inside?

outside i can understand collar

edit: when you got hi you probrably didn't have the same set for jin since you have a higher ws...it can get higher than 1k
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 12:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 100% worth using for jin because you should be using SS. For hi it's not worth using over hope torque(or soil gorget if you don't have hope) since you'll be using GH.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 12:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Grandthief said:
Well, you can say what you want but not getting Hi at least means you don't care about the job itself much, IMO.
The WoE version you can solo 100% (well, with help of your NPC for the last VNM) so it's just being lazy if you don't have to means to do Kannagi.

That being said, neither of the weapons that offer Hi are required in order to tank successfully but it makes fights and the accumulation of hate take longer.

At least the OP is trying to optimize Jin in order to make to most of this weaker WS. But it's obvious that this is only the easy way out and only a minor tweak.
I don't see that as fair to make that accusation. You may as well say everyone should have every emp possible if they're able to use it. But aside from that, I'm not gunna waste my time getting the WoE version, sure it would still beat Jin, but if I'm going to put time into it I'm going to get Kannagi. lol
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-13 12:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"So whats the best stuff for blade: Jin?"

"Blade: Hi is better"

I think people are missing the point of this thread >.>
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 12:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kannagi took me 3 days TOTAL to get, it's not hard at all. Now if you don't take NIN seriously and it's just a fun screw around job or you leveled it for red procs only(i hate people who do this diaf thanks) then it doesn't matter if you don't have kannagi.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 12:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:

The point is most blade: jin gear is af3/AH gear and instead of worrying about blade: jin he should be spending that time working on a kannagi.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-13 12:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well...there is exactly why there are so many kannagis lol people all thought that same way, it was actually the 1st empy i did work on cause let's face it, after using jin so many times you CRAVED another WS as nin, so it's all about that inner nin seeking in and forcing you to say "i need this damn weapon, let's get to work" but i am giving the benefit of the doubt that not everyone will is willing to get one, due to rarely playing the job or simply to lazy to bother.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 12:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Asura.Ina said:

The point is most blade: jin gear is af3/AH gear and instead of worrying about blade: jin he should be spending that time working on a kannagi.
It's not really "spending time" on it if i already have the gear.. changing a macro does not = the time working on an emp.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-08-13 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

god forbid someone level a job to be useful. also, nobody said it was hard to get. also, what's wrong with asking what he should be wearing in his set if he's not going to be spending time obtaining it? it's not like he's spending time getting jin gear instead of working on a kannagi, he's just asking what to use.
By Gimp 2011-08-13 12:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
It's 100% worth using for jin because you should be using SS. For hi it's not worth using over hope torque(or soil gorget if you don't have hope) since you'll be using GH.

that makes sense, thank you i was thinking in GH instead of SS
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-13 12:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Asura.Ina said:

I lol'd, please stop. lol
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-13 12:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
Asura.Ina said:

pretty sure the op didn't say anything about kannagi

go QQ somewhere else about kannagi, seriously, it's a big derail for those of us who use blade jin because we're busy not playing ninja 90% of the time.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-13 12:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:

I don't see that as fair to make that accusation. You may as well say everyone should have every emp possible if they're able to use it. But aside from that, I'm not gunna waste my time getting the WoE version, sure it would still beat Jin, but if I'm going to put time into it I'm going to get Kannagi. lol

I don't know how any one else feels about WOE weapons but i certainly won't ever make one because i feel it's an insult to the weapon, it seems like a waterd down, "pay less" version of the weapon and imo if you deal with going through all the nms and all that camping, you may as well make the real one for your trouble, or just dont bother. because you're giving up not only the aftermath but the +10-15 stat that the wss mod is actually is, which maybe not much inside abyssea but outside helps greatly.

as i said and everyone knows, it is to easy not to get.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-13 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mystina said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:
Well, you can say what you want but not getting Hi at least means you don't care about the job itself much, IMO. Hi helps a great deal with tanking and with Kannagi even more so. The WoE version you can solo 100% (well, with help of your NPC for the last VNM) so it's just being lazy if you don't have to means to do Kannagi. That being said, neither of the weapons that offer Hi are required in order to tank successfully but it makes fights and the accumulation of hate take longer. At least the OP is trying to optimize Jin in order to make to most of this weaker WS. But it's obvious that this is only the easy way out and only a minor tweak.
I don't know how any one else feels about WOE weapons but i certainly won't ever make one because i feel it's an insult to the weapon, it seems like a waterd down, "pay less" version of the weapon and imo if you deal with going through all the nms and all that camping, you may as well make the real one for your trouble, or just dont bother. because you're giving up not only the aftermath but the +10-15 stat that the wss mod is actually is, which maybe not much inside abyssea but outside helps greatly. as i said and everyone knows, it is to easy not to get.

Given the ammount of bitching and moaning that goes on in WoE I'd say it's actually the more painful of the 2 to get XD

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Asura.Ina said:
"So whats the best stuff for blade: Jin?" "Blade: Hi is better" I think people are missing the point of this thread >.>
pretty sure the op didn't say anything about kannagi go QQ somewhere else about kannagi, seriously, it's a big derail for those of us who use blade jin because we're busy not playing ninja 90% of the time.
^This, I have one because nin has always been the main job I like to be on. If I was always playing other jobs I wouldn't have bothered because that time could have been spent getting things for those jobs/other people things for their jobs whoever's turn it was
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-13 12:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Chill.
[+]
 Asura.Hit
user: FFXIHit
By Asura.Hit 2011-08-13 12:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Chill.

Krizz ftw.
 Asura.Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-13 12:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I guess this also brings up another question; does anyone know what the chance of critical is at 100% tp for Jin?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-13 12:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Sylph.Kiaru said:
Asura.Ina said:
"So whats the best stuff for blade: Jin?" "Blade: Hi is better" I think people are missing the point of this thread >.>
pretty sure the op didn't say anything about kannagi go QQ somewhere else about kannagi, seriously, it's a big derail for those of us who use blade jin because we're busy not playing ninja 90% of the time.
^This, I have one because nin has always been the main job I like to be on. If I was always playing other jobs I wouldn't have bothered because that time could have been spent getting things for those jobs/other people things for their jobs whoever's turn it was
Exactly, my ninja is geared well because I got my +2 items from farming up nms in general on different jobs, but because my ninja is geared well, does that mean I need to make a kannagi? No.

I'm well aware the only DD that needs to be at an event is one with an empyrean, but I'm not asking to go ninja. Ninja is the job I use when I'm soloing red-proc mobs, which is a rare occasion in-itself. So kannagi would help me kill the red-proc mobs faster, do I necessarily give enough of a *** to spend the time making one for the once a month time I'm doing this? Not in the least.

I think I speak for everyone who isn't concerned about being "nin main" that kannagi, unless you're striving to be acknowledged as a superior DD, is of very little marginal utility.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-13 12:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Also I guess this also brings up another question; does anyone know what the chance of critical is at 100% tp for Jin?
If I had to guess it'd be like 10% if anything, on the other hand my luck is terrible on critting jins
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-13 12:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Blade: hi is 15%, jin is probably 15% too.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
Server: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-08-13 12:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said:
Edit: Nvm, forgot they have their own crit rates :( ignore me D:
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-08-13 13:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mystina said:
Asura.Kaisuko said:

I don't know how any one else feels about WOE weapons but i certainly won't ever make one because i feel it's an insult to the weapon, it seems like a waterd down, "pay less" version of the weapon and imo if you deal with going through all the nms and all that camping, you may as well make the real one for your trouble, or just dont bother. because you're giving up not only the aftermath but the +10-15 stat that the wss mod is actually is, which maybe not much inside abyssea but outside helps greatly.

as i said and everyone knows, it is to easy not to get.

Depends really if you got the friends/mental will to deal with jp/idiots to do weapons, least with WOE weapons you are not forcing people to come help make "another" weapon, like you got 4... I got 1 working on my 2nd (it's hard for me to get 2nd) done when everyone and the 20 mules got over 9000 coins/card/jewels of w/e already and solo brew is not an option
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-13 13:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Think I saw a test on that somewhere, if I remember correctly, gonna look for them now
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-13 13:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said:
If you knew how to read it would help.
You as well.

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Chill.

Topicbanned.