KSNM99 Early Bird Catches The Wyrm?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » KSNM99 Early Bird Catches the Wyrm?
KSNM99 Early Bird Catches the Wyrm?
 Asura.Ekotren
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-10-13 16:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Could of done better, he's asking for a strategy of the lowest that can do it(safely i would assume), not the lowest that can do it with meds and almost wiping. Decent video, but meh no thanks.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-10-13 21:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That was at 95 and there is nothing wrong with getting two meds off the AH that total 40k gil and allow a larger safety net.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-10-13 21:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU & WHM can duo that. set spells that can hit the wyrm in the air.
What I've also done was to SC around when the wyrm starts to fly up in the air so you have less flying time if you've done alot of SC damage.
 Bahamut.Gabryal
Server: Bahamut
user: 185267
By Bahamut.Gabryal 2012-10-13 22:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think BLU and WHM would be the best bet now that I look at the video. I've seen that before and always wondered the same thing. And it looks like I can easily get a good fire resist set. Thanks for all the input guys!
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-10-13 22:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it as BLU+WHM a bunch of times-- it's pretty chill. Can't give BLU-specific advice as I was the WHM (a quite gimpy one at that), but it didn't seem to require anything special.
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-10-21 19:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ballzack said: »
Can be trioed by Drk Rdm and a Blm. Drk very well geared Rdm was very well geared blm was decently geared enough to bring him to the ground.
Drk also had a Apocalypse

I know this strategy works. Tested it myself.
 Fenrir.Elliott
Server: Fenrir
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2012-10-21 19:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

This fight is fairly easy to solo as BLU, and to make the fight as easy as possible I'd say BLU x2. I'm biased though, BLU > all (Aside from Pikachu that is).
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2012-10-21 19:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ekotren said: »
Could of done better, he's asking for a strategy of the lowest that can do it(safely i would assume), not the lowest that can do it with meds and almost wiping. Decent video, but meh no thanks.

I've done this fight on BLU solo several times already and I can certainly say that as long as you're ready, there's no real risk of wiping. I've gone entire fights in my hybrid EVA set @99 where I didn't get hit with melee and with a good fire resist set, /RDM and Magic Barrier, I've only needed to use my one med in emergencies.

Also, I've gotten Vile Elixir +1 from many of my solo kills so meds aren't really an issue.
 Bahamut.Gabryal
By Bahamut.Gabryal 2012-10-25 21:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to say that I duoboxed this fight as BLU/RDM and got my beard on my second kill! 2/3 now (only needing the egg) and trying to come up with a good duobox strategy for the turtle, thanks for the input guys!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Gabryal
By Bahamut.Gabryal 2012-10-25 22:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I did see that video, I figure my main on SCH (better geared) with my mule on BLM and just swap out characters when low on MP, only worry is if the BLM is geared well enough. Thanks for the input though!