An Ironclad Glitch...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » An Ironclad Glitch...
An Ironclad Glitch...
 Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sophocles
By Quetzalcoatl.Sophocles 2011-08-06 14:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever an Ironclad does Arm Cannon on your pet, don't you notice something horribly wrong? Your pet got healed to full health! However, a TP move does away with most of its health? Is it that Arm Cannon lowered the pet's maximum HP? I think so! But the move, if it hits players, does not lower their maximum HP. The only thing that it really does is lower your HP by around 600 usually.

So what is the deal with pets? Anyone ever noticed that. I first noticed this when I soloed Ironclad Smiter in Altepa, but I noticed that Ironclad Executioner in Vunkerl does the same exact thing! I sent bug reports to SE several months ago, but obviously the issue was never rectified. This is very annoying due to the fact that you do not know your pet's true HP because of a glitch!
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-08-06 14:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible Arm Cannon does max HP down and hasn't been noticed because we always have the cruor HP buff?

If not then I'm oblivious.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-06 14:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

isn't there a command like <pethp>?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-06 14:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

pets don't receive cruor buff effects i guess?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-06 14:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a glitch. Arm Cannon is supposed to have an additional effect that gives Max HP Down, but Cruor buffs (HP+%) overwrite and preempt it, so players cannot be affected. Pets do not receive Cruor buffs, so they do not receive protection from Arm Cannon.

Players can still be affected by Arm Cannon's "Max HP Down" if it's an outside-Abyssea Ironclad (like Voidwrought) or they do an Abyssea Ironclad without HP Cruor buffs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-08-06 14:31:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I know nothing about bst, so I could be wrong.. but do pets recieve the same hp enhancements as players from the cruor prospector? If they do not this would explain why an attack that causes hp down would affect pets and not players.

Edit: Beat :(
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-06 14:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:
Is it possible Arm Cannon does max HP down and hasn't been noticed because we always have the cruor HP buff?

This makes sense. The same thing happens with the mandy NM in tahrongi. Cruor buffs prevent the stat-down effects.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-08-06 14:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said:

This.
You cant get hit by stat-downs because you have cruor stat-buffs which are stronger than (i'm pretty sure) any other debuff
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-08-06 14:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, its max hp down. Curse does the same thing.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-08-06 15:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Curse effects players in aby too though if I remember right. Kur(i think) inflicts curse which has to be removed, but I'm pretty sure max hp down will not effect you because of the max hp boost from buffs overwrite it. When I first learned that max hp boost won't allow you to drain II more HP i was pissed, but then learned that you can take it off and it will re-apply itself so that you have yellow hp and can then drain II.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dijana
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dijana
By Quetzalcoatl.Dijana 2011-08-06 15:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember reading in a bst thread somewhere about fatso fargann can be 'healed' by ironclads somehow months ago, my fiance and I went out and played around with it on our bsts and we noticed their hp was getting to near full again, yet they seemed to be nearly getting wiped out by the next tp move again.

We figured it out pretty quickly it was max hp down..Im glad other people notice it too and not everyone thinks their pets are just getting healed lol