Light/dark Arts Broken?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Light/dark Arts broken?
Light/dark Arts broken?

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-02 12:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You should probably read the relevant wiki entries.
[+]
 Fenrir.Verisius
Server: Fenrir
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Verisius 2011-08-02 12:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

even with /sch at level 10, Scholar light/dark arts boosts the aligned skills to a B+ rating.

so a level 90 DRG with level 10 Scholar sub can boost skills to B+.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-08-02 12:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You are well above the B+ rating in Divine Magic, so it won't increase it any further. The only other magic you can surpass B+ is Healing Magic, but you're not skilled up to your A+ rating yet, so it's increasing it to B+ rating for you (341+your gear).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-02 13:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Shihan said:
did you apply the dark arts first? for some reason it keeps the enfeebling magic at b+ even after you deactivate it. Prolly a bug because it drops after you zone.

enfeeb gets a boost from light arts also
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
Server: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Tweeek said: »
Siren.Shihan said:
did you apply the dark arts first? for some reason it keeps the enfeebling magic at b+ even after you deactivate it. Prolly a bug because it drops after you zone.

I'm a tad confused on that, Dark Arts (not light arts) should be bumping enfeebling. As a 90Sch/Rdm I have 364 Enfeebling (capped) regardless of light or dark arts. And without either arts on my enfeebling is 303. If I zone so that I have no arts on, then cast light arts first enfeeb is back to 364.

Only Divine, Healing and Enhancing should be getting a bump from Light Arts.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-17 11:02:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
Siren.Shihan said:

I'm a tad confused on that, Dark Arts (not light arts) should be bumping enfeebling. As a 90Sch/Rdm I have 364 Enfeebling (capped) regardless of light or dark arts. And without either arts on my enfeebling is 303. If I zone so that I have no arts on, then cast light arts first enfeeb is back to 364.

Enfeebling is considered white and black magic. It is on both light and dark arts.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Leviathan.Haruhigumi said: »
Siren.Shihan said:

Enfeebling is considered white and black magic. It is on both light and dark arts.

Hrm you're right.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-17 11:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It is weird as it light arts gives 4 skills and dark only 3 but /shrug. Technically there are black magic enhancing spells, spikes for example, but I suppose SE wasn't willing to allow dark arts to provide a bonus to those.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-08-17 11:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

a cat prolly stole your missing magic skills
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »
a cat prolly stole your missing magic skills
Quote:
kidding aside,what ppl already mentioned above is correct, you wont see an improvement if your magic skills pass a certain point, in this case b+

Unless of course you stick with the Scholar AF1 which bumps your light or dark skills to A. But then you have to ask yourself, is that bump in skill cap worth the reduction in everything else?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kimmy
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-08-17 11:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

When SCH made, it was White Grimoire Healing/Divine/Enhancing and Black Grimoire Elemental/Dark/Enfeebling. There was complaining, because of Slow and Paralyze, and in update Sch was given appendices, White Grimoire was changed to include Enfeebling.
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kimora said: »
When SCH made, it was White Grimoire Healing/Divine/Enhancing and Black Grimoire Elemental/Dark/Enfeebling. There was complaining, because of Slow and Paralyze, and in update Sch was given appendices, White Grimoire was changed to include Enfeebling.

Which would explain my confusion as I remembered black only applying to enfeebling.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 11:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ummm are we back to the time WoTG first game out? The /sch boost has been known for years now......... And yes it won't boost divine, because it puts all related skills for that art to B+. Again, this information has been out for years... *shrug*
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-17 11:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said: »
Ummm are we back to the time WoTG first game out? The /sch boost has been known for years now......... And yes it won't boost divine, because it puts all related skills for that art to B+. Again, this information has been out for years... *shrug*

I've only been back since april and pretty sure that enfeebling when I came back was only being boosted by black arts at the time. But maybe I just never really bothered to look til I capped that skill.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-17 12:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Enfeeb wasn't originally on light arts, and it is due to complaints about slow and para (which are justified), but the /sch boost has been in-game since sch's inception.