Mithras
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-07-31 15:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My husband and I are planning to start playing ffxiv soonish. We're bored with xi. But I can't decide what race for that. Humes are still un-fantastical, but it might be cool to make a character look very similar to me so I could pretend it IS me. Then again, the xiv elves don't look nearly as awkward as the xi elves (no offense to my Zahrah!) and I had planned to be elvaan in xi originally, so this might be a good chance to do that. On the other hand, I've been mithra for a long time and it might be simply weird to not be a mithra again. So many choices! I wish I could see all the faces, skin colors, hair colors, eye colors, etc on SE's ffxiv site, but they are only showing a couple examples of each. Arg!
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-31 15:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
My husband and I are planning to start playing ffxiv soonish. We're bored with xi. But I can't decide what race for that. Humes are still un-fantastical, but it might be cool to make a character look very similar to me so I could pretend it IS me. Then again, the xiv elves don't look nearly as awkward as the xi elves (no offense to my Zahrah!) and I had planned to be elvaan in xi originally, so this might be a good chance to do that. On the other hand, I've been mithra for a long time and it might be simply weird to not be a mithra again. So many choices! I wish I could see all the faces, skin colors, hair colors, eye colors, etc on SE's ffxiv site, but they are only showing a couple examples of each. Arg!
Dhalmel for life. I went with the superior necks in FFXIV as well.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-07-31 15:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

They better look a right sight cuter on xiv if I do that. xi dhalmels look reaaaally awkward to me. ;; It's going to be a couple days before we can start, I really wish SE would show all the options so I could start piecing together my character in my head now!
 Asura.Shayka
Server: Asura
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-07-31 15:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Niniann said:
I'm a furry. I have an excuse to play Mithra.
^ I've also never used stupid macros, outside friends parties anyways and thats just to compete with my friend [A male Hume] who has funny macros for random JA/WS's. I am also not an Elvaan fan.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-07-31 16:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:

I really like the Elezen race in XIV, male and female both. I'm an Elvaan in XI, and I kinda wanted to try Lalafell in XIV... until I saw that they made elves ultra sexy. My boyfriend's a Manthra in XI but even he couldn't resist the sexy Elezen.
By zahrah 2011-07-31 16:11:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:

None taken. <3 <3 <3

I was actually thinking of giving XIV a shot too. I just always love elves because they look so regal.

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Dhalmel for life. I went with the superior necks in FFXIV as well.

/cheers

You can have some blackberry cobbler when I'm done, my Elvaan brother!
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-07-31 16:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm leaning towards xiv hume. We'll see though!
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2011-07-31 17:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Humans

The Galka carry our bags, and help us up the stairs.

The Tarutaru do our homework and we use them for advising,

The Elvaan's are our mode of transport the mighty Dhalmels that they are,

And the Mithran bodies thrown in to the furnace are used to power and fuel our airships,

For our glorious conquest.
[+]
By volkom 2011-07-31 17:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

for anyone wanting to be a real mithra...

http://style.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/05/06/cool-accessories-video-the-latest-in-kawaii-technology/
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-31 18:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lol that's amazing
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-07-31 19:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

...what..the......
 Asura.Chuuuuu
Server: Asura
user: chuuuuu
By Asura.Chuuuuu 2011-07-31 19:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

haha those ears are awesome xD
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-08-01 04:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG kitty ears that move? I WANT THEM!!! *throws away her boring normal kitty ears*
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-07 02:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since some people are talking about their perception of race vs. player type, I suppose I'll put in my thoughts on the subject.

Elvaan male (me) - Generally decent to good players, but tend to be targets of LS leader favoritism due to their good tank/dd role, and therefore have ego problems. With the exception of a few, who are good, humble players. As with all races, this one does have its few slackers/mislead players.

Elvaan female - Don't talk much, or lack social skills. They tend to be one-track minded depending on their job. Few of these are strong elite players who don't brag, but also refuse to speak to anyone outside their "inner circle"

Hume male - The average Joe, typically arrogant leadership-role players. I don't know many of these who can put "good player" and "respectable" together.

Hume female - Submissive players, who generally follow another person or a leader, and tend to play WHM or BLM. Seem to always get what they want by fitting into the "reliable player" stereotype.

Tarutaru M/F - Rather self-centered, soulless, cocky, and self-proclaimed "good players"... A few are good at pushing limits of mage jobs (except WHM), but tend to be more focused on how they compare to others than how they're actually contributing.

Mithra - People tend to play Mithra like a typical 15-year old online gamer. Fairly self-oriented, they feel entitled to everything, they're overconfident, and sometimes even seem to have a superiority complex. However, they are generally sympathetic people with good personalities. The others are almost as bad as Tarutaru players in terms of cockiness and selfishness.

Galka - Not much to say about them, they're either goofballs or overconfident ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-07 10:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually REALLY awesome O_O
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-08-07 11:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Since this thread is bumped anyways, I picked hume in xiv. Or whatever the hume race is called. I did try to make her look like me in rl, just because I thought it would be fun. Her hair is a shade or two paler than mine, she has bangs and I don't, and I wear glasses but she doesn't. Other than that, it's similar. I named her Acacia, which is a type of tree.

Acacia trees:
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-07 13:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said:
Elvaan female - Don't talk much, or lack social skills. They tend to be one-track minded depending on their job. Few of these are strong elite players who don't brag, but also refuse to speak to anyone outside their "inner circle".

Guilty of it IG.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-08-07 13:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Elvaan female - Don't talk much, or lack social skills. They tend to be one-track minded depending on their job. Few of these are strong elite players who don't brag, but also refuse to speak to anyone outside their "inner circle".

Guilty of it IG.

I do this, but it's mostly because I'm kinda shy in-game and don't like talking to people I don't know. If someone talks to me first, I'll chatter their ear off, but I feel weird starting conversations with people I don't know well.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-07 13:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Caitsith.Zahrah said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:

Guilty of it IG.

I do this, but it's mostly because I'm kinda shy in-game and don't like talking to people I don't know. If someone talks to me first, I'll chatter their ear off, but I feel weird starting conversations with people I don't know well.

That's exactly how I feel. I just don't go out of my way to speak to people that I don't already know.
 Ragnarok.Beef
Server: Ragnarok
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-08-07 15:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Eburo said:
Well since some people are talking about their perception of race vs. player type, I suppose I'll put in my thoughts on the subject.

Elvaan male (me) - Generally decent to good players, but tend to be targets of LS leader favoritism due to their good tank/dd role, and therefore have ego problems. With the exception of a few, who are good, humble players. As with all races, this one does have its few slackers/mislead players.

Elvaan female - Don't talk much, or lack social skills. They tend to be one-track minded depending on their job. Few of these are strong elite players who don't brag, but also refuse to speak to anyone outside their "inner circle"

Hume male - The average Joe, typically arrogant leadership-role players. I don't know many of these who can put "good player" and "respectable" together.

Hume female - Submissive players, who generally follow another person or a leader, and tend to play WHM or BLM. Seem to always get what they want by fitting into the "reliable player" stereotype.

Tarutaru M/F - Rather self-centered, soulless, cocky, and self-proclaimed "good players"... A few are good at pushing limits of mage jobs (except WHM), but tend to be more focused on how they compare to others than how they're actually contributing.

Mithra - People tend to play Mithra like a typical 15-year old online gamer. Fairly self-oriented, they feel entitled to everything, they're overconfident, and sometimes even seem to have a superiority complex. However, they are generally sympathetic people with good personalities. The others are almost as bad as Tarutaru players in terms of cockiness and selfishness.

Galka - Not much to say about them, they're either goofballs or overconfident ***.

hahaha, i think this is pretty much true, although there is exceptions like anything else.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-07 16:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Caitsith.Zahrah said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:

Guilty of it IG.

A lot of the time I have issues even getting Elvaan females to talk to me, at least when they're doing stuff. I guess this says they have good focus.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-07 17:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:

They're adding female galka and male mithra soon.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-07 17:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Also Bald Hume (Black tattoos, blue tattoos are ***tier) on shortest height master race.
 Odin.Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-08-07 17:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I shoulda given Acacia a tattoo. It would have been cool!
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-07 17:28:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

WHAT?!? Female Galka! That will be a sight!
By volkom 2011-08-07 17:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

female...galka... /shudders
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-08-07 17:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Liela said:

Can someone confirm the date of this update, so I can avoid ffxiah for a couple weeks to minimize the eye rape?
 Fenrir.Niniann
Server: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-07 17:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to play a male mithra in a lame game. Yesss.
 Ragnarok.Beef
Server: Ragnarok
user: beeeeef
By Ragnarok.Beef 2011-08-07 18:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

they should model female galka after Serena Williams. she's big in all the right places.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9