sea
 Asura.Waisiubo
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: WaiSiuBo
By Asura.Waisiubo 2011-07-21 00:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

I just finished CoP and was looking to see if any LS still does sea or does anyone want to do it. Thank you.
 Asura.Dawnsohma
user: dawnsohma
By Asura.Dawnsohma 2011-07-21 06:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

www.uprising-ls.com but we dont ONLY do sea

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-07-21 06:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont really need a linkshell to do JoL and AV anymore.
JoL could be 6manned at 75, so can probably do it as even less now.
And AV can rather easily be done with 12 people now, so a small group of friends\interested people would be enough.(would need good gear, ofc)
But well, it's easier with a linkshell, less work :p
And yeah, happy hunting.
 Asura.Waisiubo
By Asura.Waisiubo 2011-07-21 17:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the replies everyone, now that I know I don't need an LS... does anyone want to do /sea? I'm just interested in ABCs. Thank you
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-07-21 17:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine you can solo a decent amount of coins. Melee + healer could do most zones easily enough as long as you know what you need to do for each floor.
 Asura.Waisiubo
By Asura.Waisiubo 2011-07-21 17:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

See that is the thing, I do not know what to do or even where to go as I never done it before since I just finish CoP like couple days ago. All I know if you have to buy some kinda detergent to enter. I don't really see shouts for it either so if anyone wants to do sea or help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Bismarck.Faelar
Server: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-21 17:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like your interested in Limbus.

Basically:

1) Buy detergent
2) Tele out to crystal and enter Sea.
3) Kill the flower for Card KI.
4) Enter zone your aiming for
5) ???
6) Profit

Most everything in Limbus drops at least 1 coin, frequently. Chests can drop a full pool's worth sometimes (Usually 2-5 though).

Also, you may be able to find people just bazaaring ABC's, but prices tend to vary ALOT. On Bismarck I've seen as low as 1,000gil per and as high as 20,000gil per (LOL).

I bought almost all of mine, just a few here and there, until I got my Brutal/Loquacious Earrings. All I wanted. :D
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Server: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-21 17:59:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A full run through apollyon northeast will net you 55-60 and there's a LOT of extra time. I have designed lowman limbus runs since 75 and this is the best zone if you just care about coins. As a Kannagi nin/dnc I can solo it with well over 30 minutes left - the only major hiccup is the gigas floor. One of the three gigas opens the vortex - if you get stuck with the magic one it's just horrible.

*The last floor alone gets you around 25, so it's very important to finish.
 Asura.Waisiubo
By Asura.Waisiubo 2011-07-21 18:11:31
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly, what I want... those two earrings. On my server, people sell it from anywhere between 6-8k, and I can't afford that. Sorry didn't know the difference between sea and Limbus. So is it possible to solo the coins?
By Defiledsicknss 2011-07-22 13:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yes you can solo them, just pull 1 mob at a time and rest when needed. its like fighting any other mob outside of abyssea. i farmed rdm/thf/blu back at 85 cap and it was really easy, even finished. go try it once and see if you make enough to justify spending 15k per run (can only go once every 3 days i think).

however 6k is really cheap, they are 10-12k here and i bought all mine (without thf to farm with). if you have thf it will increase your ABC drops or you can just go farm gil and buy em. farm spells for gil is the best way.
 Asura.Waisiubo
By Asura.Waisiubo 2011-07-23 21:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanx for the answer Defile... I'm gonna give it a try as I don't really want to spend that much money on something I can get with just a bit of work.

Besides the detergent, how do I go about getting the other item to go into sea?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-25 19:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Wais, lookup Rosebites or Gridlock or Aamhy.

All 3 are good friends of mine who happen to still run a functioning limbus shell. If coins are what you're after I'm sure they can help being the kind people that they are.

Good luck though!
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-07-25 20:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ryuotas said:
Take this with a grain of salt, but truly, all of Sea (save for JoL/AV) can be solo~trio'd; generally, you can aggregate people with similar ambitions to kill JoL/AV (which basically defines a Linkshell, however, this method greatly increases the probability of you obtaining a drop).

In any case, happy hunting.

Even JoL could be triod with the right setup. PLD can basically hold it forever with some form of Refresh and an MDT build (Aegis makes it a joke).
 Asura.Waisiubo
By Asura.Waisiubo 2011-07-26 00:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanx for the advice Malekith and I shall look them up next time I'm on.