What New Attachments Would You Want

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » What new attachments would you want
What new attachments would you want
By Ska681 2011-07-16 15:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok SE has said that they will be making new attachments so far post abyssea we have gotten
baragge,counter,conserve mp,mediate - frist new four
Use of shield,skill-up rate,dispel ability,cure potency-recent four
Also SE has said that everything up to this point thats been released is based on the scale of 75 cap; the future updates will be based on the lvl99 cap, although attachments are still useful at higher lvls what would you guys like to see in the upcomming updates!
 Ramuh.Jaysin
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Jaysin 2011-07-16 17:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally like to see attachments to enable -ga spells for both nukes and cures. I'd like to see attachments that give automatons new WS based on frame. Something like:

Valoredge: Vorpal Equivalent
Sharpshot: Elemental ranged ws
Harlequin: Aoe elemental ws
Stormwalker: Spirit taker equivalent
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-16 17:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

PDT -10/20/30% based on maneuver amount

Loudspeaker III etc

Endrain on hits proportional to # of Maneuvers

An attachment that mimics Goddess's Hymnus where, on a reasonable recast timer, one might could put it up before an automaton dies in a method such as activating flashbulb that would restore the automaton's HP to 50% upon reaching 0 hp automatically.

An attachment designed for grellow procing, where when equipped one would designate the element of a spell through a single fire, water, lightning, earth, wind, ice, or dark maneuver, while the tier used (III or IV, drain or aspir) would be indicated by the number of light maneuvers (1 or 2)

These all probably sound silly but I can dream~
I'll try to think up more later :x
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2011-07-16 17:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Inhibitor II: Greater Store TP and the automaton will only WS with the master, no one else!
 Bismarck.Minibuddha
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Minibuddha 2011-07-16 17:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see a Stoneskin II type earth move. Instead of just 100 HP make it 300 HP.

You mention nuking types, how about some AM for the mage types?

Also when your low on HP, and your poisoned, if you do not have eraser equipped, let the puppet cure you first and worry about poison later.

Also they should allow a type of special 2 hour bit to happen when you are using Overdrive.

ex:
WAR takes no damage
RNG all hits are Critical hits, including WS and fires rapidly
mages:all spells take 0 MP and are powered up a tad

Maybe I am overdoing it? lol
[+]
By Ska681 2011-07-16 18:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally like to see attachments to enable -ga spells for both nukes and cures. I'd like to see attachments that give automatons new WS based on frame. Something like:

Valoredge: Vorpal Equivalent
Sharpshot: Elemental ranged ws
Harlequin: Aoe elemental ws
Stormwalker: Spirit taker equivalent

I can see i new weapon skill for mage/harly puppets at around 94-95 we got weapon skills at 340skill if i remember correctly. Mage frame's melee skill wont reach this level until then. As for ga spells keep dreaming automations magic aleady needs fixxing and unless they overhaul the whole system i see too many issues w/ this.

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
PDT -10/20/30% based on maneuver amount Loudspeaker III etc Endrain on hits proportional to # of Maneuvers An attachment that mimics Goddess's Hymnus where, on a reasonable recast timer, one might could put it up before an automaton dies in a method such as activating flashbulb that would restore the automaton's HP to 50% upon reaching 0 hp automatically. An attachment designed for grellow procing, where when equipped one would designate the element of a spell through a single fire, water, lightning, earth, wind, ice, or dark maneuver, while the tier used (III or IV, drain or aspir) would be indicated by the number of light maneuvers (1 or 2) These all probably sound silly but I can dream~ I'll try to think up more later :x
PDT attachment i can happening
tier 3 attack,MAB,Eva,Def ect i was thinking this but thats almost too easy and would these cost 3elements same as the Tier 2 or would they cost us 4 is the only question i would have.
They goddess's hymnus attachment wont happen but as of the recent JA's to come we are getting a cure for are puppet and since we already have role reversal i dont think this will be a spirit like type move. So you could save this JA for a DEA>heal JA and that could/should push are puppet to 50% hp.
Endrain YES PLEASE have always wanted some kind of samba for puppets.

i would like to see harley get its own moves/spells maybe a new frame only ws and the ability to cast spells the other puppets dont get like absorb line.
red hat should get the ability to cast the new rdm enfeebling spells since it only gets the ability to cast T3 spells
 Carbuncle.Sanders
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sanders
By Carbuncle.Sanders 2011-07-16 23:45:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's really the simplest way to fix the automaton AI, SE... make an attachment to either lock out or lock in spells for the soulsoother/spiritreaver (since it is for some reason difficult to restrict -na's to a water maneuver). Perhaps something that restricts enfeebling/enhancing (like absorb-int, fking aspir, and regen and -na's) from mages so they don't cast useless spells. If you're going to stick with a universal recast, let us better control what he uses...

Also yes, make Overdrive particular to the frame used.

As for attachments... update the shitty 100hp shock absorber for one.

Perhaps attachments with a more complicated trigger, like Fire x2 and Wind x1 to make the next spell AoE (spiritreaver).

I would like an attachment that are maybe unique to each frame:

Harlequin: (not sure, but to make it useful would give it a sort of onion knight quality >.>)
Valoredge: (already has two shield-related attachments)
Sharpshot: (already has barrage turbine, drum mag., and scope)
Stormwaker: Allow access to Tier2 enfeebles
Soulsoother: Casts only enhancing magic (regen, protect/shell, bar- spells, haste, etc; determined by maneuvers)
Spiritreaver: Allows access to ancient magic
 Siren.Gunshy
Server: Siren
user: Siryn
By Siren.Gunshy 2011-07-17 00:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think an attachment that reduces the "elemental slot" cost of all other attachments by or to 1 would be very useful.

Emnity attachment or a strobe II maybe? I find it hard to keep a mobs focus on valoredge longterm when we are both beating on it even with Ventriloquy.

Selfdestruct attachment If you overload your automaton explodes dealing damage to the enemy based on burden >.>
[+]
 Asura.Silvaria
Server: Asura
By Asura.Silvaria 2011-07-17 00:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Gunshy said:
I think an attachment that reduces the "elemental slot" cost of all other attachments by or to 1 would be very useful.

What a fantastic idea, I'd like to see this, as well.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 00:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i think an attachment that reduces elemental slots would be way unbalanced. Idk what they could add that we don't already have.. I was away for awhile ffrom the game, but what is the meditate piece? I think the OP mentioned that... I'm drawing a blank with that one.. I would like a heavier DD frame. Don't get me wrong, the rng is nice, and valoredge does have his uses, but I want something with a little more umph that isn't mage-level squishy like Ranger is. or the ability to customize Valoredge, with different weapons.. Perhaps give us a different Valoredge body, akin to the turbans for blm/whm auto. Where in the Valoredge body has different elemental properties (maybe more fire for DDing) and it has a different weapon other than its edward scissor hands and shield lol.. The Aegis type shield bashes are nice and all, but I want something like a GK, or a scythe arm lol...
 Fenrir.Vidus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vidus
By Fenrir.Vidus 2011-07-17 02:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see a way to truly control your puppet since you're a puppeteer i.e. choosing what/when something is used, why can't they use cures and -nas outside of battle. The RR attachment someone suggested earlier would be great because lets face it the automaton has terrible survivability. I'd like to dream about a raise attachment for soulsoother turban though! Or an attachment that lets the puppet cast enhancing magic haste!!!!,protect,shell. And upgrades of the attachments that have been out for awhile now.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-07-17 03:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love a Phalanx Attachment. :x
By Ska681 2011-07-17 11:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

heat capacitor is the mediate attachment earses fire manuver to raise tp its 20tp for 1 50 for 2 and 80tp for three i believe its been awhile since i looked at the numbers. recast is like 2-3mins

AS far as new weapons this is something pups have asked for since i can remember. I have also wanted a bard head where it cast buffs based on manuvers, make its head look like come speakers and depending on what body you use it with is the buffs you get.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 18:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I wouldn't really call that "meditate" then.. just converts maneuvers to TP... *shrug* Thx though, I don't have that particular piece.. I gotta buy a lot of crap for pup when I return. I was always pissed that turbo charger was so damn expensive, as well as tranq and that mp one with the dark maneuvers. I never got those because of the price tag. And honestly, the only frame I use ANY wind maneuvers on was ranger, and haste doesn't effect it so I thought the piece was meh.. I don't really stack wind on valoredge, its all about lighting and fire (coiler is sick business)
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-07-17 18:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

An attachment that stops the Puppet from Spamming ~na Spells over Cures when you're sitting at 2hp.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-07-17 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Zic.. spoken like a true fan of pup lol.. I've died soooooo many times due to that lol pup/war getting silena at red hp instead of a cure 5 ftw lol
By Ska681 2011-07-17 19:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

@ zic yes yes we all know how messed up the AI curing is but toss the eraser on or use valoredge or harley head and mage frame and deal with cure 4 is the way SE looks at it. BUT WE CAN HOPE
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2011-07-20 04:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

RollenShuhs
Capacity :1 wind
Increases movementspeed of Automaton +25%
By Ska681 2011-07-20 20:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said: