users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK Weapon trials
MNK Weapon trials
 Fenrir.Lillaly
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-12 09:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, i started down the path of the multy hit for footwork, then the next patch came out and i stopped since they were no longer the DPS kings.

Now after a short break, i am wondering if i should just make them the rest of the way or just say Eff it and toss them.

i am currently on the 300 puk step,
should i carry on and make the 2-4 attackers and hope that footwork builds return, just make em for a trophy? or toss em for inventory space.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-12 09:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Footwork is dead atm. The claws are ok for proccing blue if you want to do that more quickly but other than that, not currently worth it.
 Fenrir.Lillaly
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-12 09:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly thats what i feared, if only there was a way to take em backwards in trials...
oh well, ill shelf em and work on my Emp.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-07-13 14:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Did'nt want to start a new thread for this, but i just have to say i am about to abandon this MNK trial and work on GA because that stupid NM Tumbling Truffle wont pop EVER ! do some of the NM's like the yagudo for the GA trial pop more often?

Camped for 5 hrs not 1 pop
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-07-13 14:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, all lotto pop NMs have a chance of not popping. 5 hrs is uncommon but its nothing extreme and it does happen. Never took me that long personally, but yea all lotto NMs suck.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-07-13 14:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Did'nt want to start a new thread for this, but i just have to say i am about to abandon this MNK trial and work on GA because that stupid NM Tumbling Truffle wont pop EVER ! do some of the NM's like the yagudo for the GA trial pop more often? Camped for 5 hrs not 1 pop

you either were in the wrong place, or had bad luck.... that was one of the easier trials, imo
 Fenrir.Lillaly
By Fenrir.Lillaly 2011-07-13 14:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Cripnicc said:
Did'nt want to start a new thread for this, but i just have to say i am about to abandon this MNK trial and work on GA because that stupid NM Tumbling Truffle wont pop EVER ! do some of the NM's like the yagudo for the GA trial pop more often? Camped for 5 hrs not 1 pop

i had no problem with the funguar.... just killed PHs afked 5 min came back, when i killled NM afked 2 hours and started again
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-07-30 17:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
you either were in the wrong place, or had bad luck.... that was one of the easier trials, imo
WOW, this was posted on 7/13 and it is now 7/30 , after days and days prolly about a total of 12 hrs camping, i finally relized i was in the wrong place, a.)I guess alot of ppl make this mistake because i've seen multiple ppl camping were i was and b.) wiki is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and it says it spwans at K-6 which is also in the wrong revine. i'm about to fix this on wiki asap. oh yea almost forgot c.0 I'm a dumb *** all of this combined made me camp the wrong area for weeks.