Hiya :)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Lindblum » Hiya :)
Hiya :)
By ephier 2011-07-03 06:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty new to the game. I'm looking for pretty much a mentor for someone to help me learn about the game a bit. :) any help is greatly appreciated. :)
By Sorrowscry 2011-07-03 13:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

what do you need help with?
By dt415 2011-07-03 13:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

what server are you on?
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-03 13:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Lindblum
[+]
By ephier 2011-07-03 16:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want to learn about certain jobs whats useful, what should I do with stats, everyone tells me to pour all my stats into vit. Is this true? just random things like that. e.e
By Yves 2011-07-03 20:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ephier said:
I just want to learn about certain jobs whats useful, what should I do with stats, everyone tells me to pour all my stats into vit. Is this true? just random things like that. e.e

In Soviet Russia, stats pour you.

But no, don't worry about any of that stuff because there is probably going to be a ton of alterations within the next two weeks. For now, I would focus on getting most jobs to 20 or 25 and getting the "backbone" abilities. Worst case scenario, after the update you will have a bunch of r20 jobs.

Aside from getting "backbone" abilities, you really don't get to experience the different jobs until around 20 to 25, maybe even 30.

Again, this is all probably changing soon so just mess around, get a feel, and have fun.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-07-04 06:26:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ephier, I'm a new player myself and I'm in lindblum as well.
Maybe we can help each other out eventually.

Since this is a thread about a new player starting up ... would you guys be so kind to answer me couple of questions?

Like, I'm new to the server like Ephier. I started XIV with a friend of mine, and both of us play regularly.
We have couple of rank 10's on disciplines of war jobs. However we're outdated in gear, we're still using lvl 1 gear and stuff.

So what do you guys suggest? Work on a discipline of land and one of the hand? Or level up a discipline of war job to farm from monsters?

Because, like XI, while crafting means a reliable income of gil... we still spend some time buying mats and right now farming for them seems out of question if it involves a drop from a monster (though we're doing mining and botany).

Any tips or advices about how a newcomer can get around with money is highly appreciated, thanks guys~
By ephier 2011-07-04 08:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, whats your name. I'm bout to get on in a second.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-07-04 08:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm Mameshiba Hime, I'm online on Camp Brush in Ul'dah but AFK there.
I'm at work and I'm only going to log around 5 pm est I believe.

Sorry.
By Naelandra 2011-07-04 10:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tossing some ideas here :
Rank up a battle class the one you are more comfortable with :)
- If you are doing mages job, like say ur doing conjurer i will suggest you to look at THM skills and rank it to have some usefull spells from it - Sacrifice etc
- For melee class, there is like some nice skills of every class to get - Invigorate, Raging Strike etc (just tossing name , jsut look up online to see what is most profitable to your class)
That way, if one of ur class is fatigue, you can sp on another class
As for Craft just do the one u like
Miner might be nice to have for armo/blacksmith, Fishing:cooking/alchemy and Harvesting for woodworking

Wall of text and probably gonna be useless in a few weeks since there is gonna be some major changes for class > job and fatigue gonna be removed woot!

For leveling, its always nice to do level link party or behest. Hope it helps a bit
By ephier 2011-07-04 17:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing both of those. Leve link and behest. thats why 3/5 of my DoW classes are fatigued. e.e