Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Bravura
Bravura
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-07-02 03:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am working on a relic(IE: hoarding gil like mad) but cant decide between Aegis and Bravura. Was wondering if anyone with bravura had tried it out on voidwatch and would tell me how it did. It seems like Bravura's acc/defense down/dmg reduction would do better than ukon's "rock on a stick" (especially given how much dex it takes to get crit rate up). I like war more than pld but want a reason outside of "WAR IZ FUN GAIZ" to blow 220m on a 2nd GA as opposed to 90% mdt.

Or have any owners found other situations where Bravura shines like maybe arch-dyna NMs?
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-02 04:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bravura is over. Ukko's Furry(before even considering Ukon's aftermath) still blows every other available WS out of the water, inside and outside of Abyssea.

Get Aegis, hope paladin stays useful in its niche situations.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-02 04:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Bravura's AM let you break the PDT cap like Burt?
 Remora.Dodu
Server: Remora
user: Tsuko
By Remora.Dodu 2011-07-02 04:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

No, and that wouldn't make it useful.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-07-02 04:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How is 20% PDT not useful? Assuming Relic WS get boosted even further, 20% PDT is pretty damn amazing.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Server: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-07-02 04:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Go to sleep gradd! Also, Torment isn't that bad of a ws (as far as 90 bravura goes, for relic weapon skills anyway.) So it's situational like most everything in this game. Ukon wins for pure dmg with Ukko's Fury and Aftermath of course. Bravura would let you tank better (With the DT aftermath up, etc) provided you need to tank well. (Read: Lowman situations where you don't have unlimited MP, etc. Aegis is nice and all, but PLD's really only used for Voidwatch as it stands now, and you really don't even need Aegis for it. :< So..I'd say Bravura!