Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Magian Trials » Trials 90+
Trials 90+
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 10:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

My friend and I have had a few short conversations about the future of ToM. They involve some thoughts...

First off, ToM weapons are really sweet. The stats on the weapons at this point are really high in comparison with previous gear (Fire Claws: STR+9 ATK+20, Cure Potency+22%, Magic Affinity+5, etc). I find it hard, from my experience, to see these stats increasing substantially in the next two updates. Which this leads to what my friend has mentioned a couple of times.

That there will be no more trials for some weapons with the upcoming updates. I personally find it hard to believe but I can see it happening. In particular to Empyrean weapons. It was required to get X items from Abyssea for them and with each new expansion came new areas to get items from. So what will the next upgrade require? Beat Shinryu 5 times? That's almost like a vacation...

I personally don't see them stopping trial weapons but you would have to admit.... stopping Empyreans at 90 while letting Relics/Mythics go to 99 would put them in the top of thier class. Then maybe Empy's would see the day where they too have a rival that drop off a mob that can be 6 manned.

Opinions?
 Shiva.Lacas
Server: Shiva
user: Rakasu
By Shiva.Lacas 2011-06-30 11:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure how it will work for relics/mythics/empys but I believe that for other weapons it will become a new weapon with better base stats + appropriate augments with maybe a minor increase in the augment rather than becoming a +3.
By Eluveitie 2011-06-30 13:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

How about armor? AF3 +3 :o
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-30 14:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they're going to end any of them, but I wouldn't really be surprised if relics end up back "on top." The game is so driven by gear - especially in the past few years - that I just can't imagine any of the paths ending.

But yeah, they are really amazing and sweet, and now it's easier to max out several facets of XXX job without sacrificing anything. So I don't know how it will work out on the way to 99.

I was thinking that, at least on the elemental weapons, the paths would end with something like an additional effect trial. Either element related, or you can choose. (Not sure if that's feasible at all, because a whole pile of monks with en-petrify claws beating on something would be kinda broken.) But, that's just a thought.
 Lakshmi.Kinjite
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kinjite 2011-06-30 14:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Something to consider...looking at the current ToM weps and AF3 gear, with all talk being towards further upgrades....could it be that we will see tougher or more difficult mobs...maybe some requiring actual alliances of ToM and AF3 geared players to defeat? the reason i think this way is current gear sets and weps seem to be geared more towards that scenario IMO....anyways just a consideration.
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-06-30 14:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

for your 90-95 trial you'll be forced to make a pilgrimage to SE headquarters in nippon, & sacrifice your first born child to thier alter. real life blood will be drawn. prepare yourselves.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-06-30 14:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said:
for your 90-95 trial you'll be forced to make a pilgrimage to SE headquarters in nippon, & sacrifice your first born child to thier alter. real life blood will be drawn. prepare yourselves.

In all seriousness, I bet at least one person would. Really.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-30 14:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

They are expanding voidwatch, wouldn't surprise me if it came from that.
[+]
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 14:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

True, I wonder if Relics will just be kill Dynamis Lord 6 times. I could also see it being kill the Arch Dynamis Boss X number of time from the zone that the base relic drops in. And 99 for relics being Arch Dynamis Lord.

As for Mythics, it would really suck if you have to kill PW a certain number of times. Zeni sucks ><;
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-06-30 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If they wanted to make it fun for empys, Beat Shinryu 5x without brew.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-30 14:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said:
If they wanted to make it fun for empys, Beat Shinryu 5x without brew.

And without Atma/Cruor Buffs for 99! Although with the raise is skill you might not even need them at 95/99, who knows
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Symbiote
user: Symbiote
By Shiva.Symbiote 2011-08-07 19:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I was gonna make a thread but found this instead. I am curious as to what the 95 and 99 trials will be like. SE has begun their announcing of bits of info for the next update (WoE update for now). It is eating me inside not knowing what will come.

Unless they give us more abyssea zones with new NMs to kill to get more items, I really have no idea except for one that they could do.

I really do hope that they make the next emp trials into what the relic and mythic currently have. Perform the WS X amount of times or deal the killing blow X amount of times. Personally, I don't want to have to farm 75 or even 100 items for my next upgrade. 50/50/75 was more than an annoyance with limited people to do it with.

What do you all think? Let the speculation begin.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-08-07 19:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea is finished that much is certain, the future is lolVoidwatch.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-09-12 11:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Abyssea is finished that much is certain, the future is lolVoidwatch.

Really? I find Voidwatch to be the most fun of anything they've put in the game since the level cap was raised past 75.
By Quiznor 2011-09-12 12:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Reports are saying 90-95 empyrean trials are 1500 heavy metal plates.
Where these come from is unconfirmed.Probably a high tier voidwatch maybe
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-09-12 12:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Void watch annoys me to no end. I find it more repetitive and mundane then abyssea. If the proc system wasn't so non-sensical the fights would be fun and challenging for smaller groups, as is, its basically abyssea-lite, just more random and absurd.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-09-12 12:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

I want to say it will be something added into abyssea somehow... It would be weird if they switched the weapon over to a compleatly different event.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Server: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-12 12:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

I want to say it will be something added into abyssea somehow... It would be weird if they switched the weapon over to a compleatly different event.

Isn't VoidWatch just you pulling the enemies out of Abyssea or something so to speak, hence using Cruor?
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-09-12 12:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess that's a good point, I was looking at it more how Relics are sticking with dynamis for trials and mytics with the mythic building events.
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-09-12 12:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Void watch is wiping while trying to get your light high enough to justify killing the nm.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-12 12:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cossack said: »
Void watch annoys me to no end. I find it more repetitive and mundane then abyssea. If the proc system wasn't so non-sensical the fights would be fun and challenging for smaller groups, as is, its basically abyssea-lite, just more random and absurd.
^

I could see it being enjoyable or at least occupying my attention if I was PLD or WHM, but as a procer I haven't enjoyed it at all.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-09-12 16:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

they switch it from outside of abyssea garden variety nms to vnms to inside of abyssea

i don't find it unthinkable that they'd switch it back out again
[+]