Where Are Some Good Camps In Dyna Xarc?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Where are some good camps in Dyna Xarc?
Where are some good camps in Dyna Xarc?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-06-29 17:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a friend tried Duo'ing yesterday and did pretty decently I guess. Although I have nothing to reference it off of so I don't know. We made about 46 coins. We got all 5 TE and found our camp in about 30 minutes. We camped at the pathway to the Southeast most TE (Marked TE-1 on the Wiki map). It was an ok camp since there was a BLM, RDM, and a couple BRDs so we could get the weakness on those every time. But the others that got in the way sometimes were 2 DRKs, and a DRG. Tried to avoid them but sometimes did get aggro or a link. In that entire 90 minutes I only got 1 weakness on a DRK or DRG spamming weak WS. Never got to utilize my sub DNC. Was hoping someone would be able to point me to a nice camp that has some Demons weak to both JA and Magic.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-06-29 19:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

*bump*
 Siren.Soverance
Server: Siren
user: Galactus
By Siren.Soverance 2011-06-29 20:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When I dual box this zone I usually kill all 5 TE's and then camp near the tower where the RDM NM used to spawn. killing the mobs just west of there will help you spawn both RDM and PLD NMs, and I'm fairly certain you can spawn WHM NM around there too.

Farming any camp where the lottery spawn NMs are would be much more profitable, as along with your standard single currency rate you'd get the chance at 100's from the NMs and DL pops.
By SkadooshFenrir 2011-06-29 21:01:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been to Dynamis-Xarc about 20-30 times since the patch. Mostly for currency, killed a few DL on the side as well. If you aren't spamming NM for 100pieces, I would recommend fighting MNK, THF, BST, RNG, NIN style Kindreds, as they are ridiculously easy to proc with /DNC, spamming steps and flourishes. Camping near Count Raum(THF) NM has an abundance of these, as well as THF and MNK lottery NMs for 100s. Best of luck!
 Cerberus.Kadia
Server: Cerberus
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-06-29 23:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

SkadooshFenrir said:
I've been to Dynamis-Xarc about 20-30 times since the patch. Mostly for currency, killed a few DL on the side as well. If you aren't spamming NM for 100pieces, I would recommend fighting MNK, THF, BST, RNG, NIN style Kindreds, as they are ridiculously easy to proc with /DNC, spamming steps and flourishes. Camping near Count Raum(THF) NM has an abundance of these, as well as THF and MNK lottery NMs for 100s. Best of luck!

this is what me and a group for 3 friends did. camped at the hill directly across from the entrance @ count raum spawn. pulled mnk and thf from that area and got raum to spawn 3 times with 1 100 drop. if u head toward the spine in that area, there is a brd that u can magic proc as well. might be a few other magic proc mobs there as well. bunch of sam nin rng and thf on the other side as well to pull.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-06-30 02:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically look for a group of concentrated THF and MNK Demons? Are there Animated Daggers and H2H in that area too?
By SkadooshFenrir 2011-06-30 02:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
So basically look for a group of concentrated THF and MNK Demons? Are there Animated Daggers and H2H in that are too?

Yep, there is a decent one if you head southwest of TE-4. It has a bunch of THF MNK RNG NIN, also a SAM or two that I try to avoid, and as Kadia mentioned a BRD nearby. Yeah there are some animated weapons on one side of the rock, not sure which kind
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2011-06-30 03:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

SkadooshFenrir said:

I camp the THF/MNK NM area on a daily basis, have killed both NMs countless times, have never seen a 100 drop from them, have not seen any posts or SSs of people getting 100s from them, all iv seen is that they drop from the force pop NMs. Anyone can confirm that they actually do?
 Hades.Ganesha
Server: Hades
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2011-06-30 03:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:
SkadooshFenrir said:

I camp the THF/MNK NM area on a daily basis, have killed both NMs countless times, have never seen a 100 drop from them, have not seen any posts or SSs of people getting 100s from them, all iv seen is that they drop from the force pop NMs. Anyone can confirm that they actually do?

Confirmed lottery spawn NM in Glacier and Windy have dropped 100 for me. Dunno about xarc though..
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-06-30 03:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes the Kindred nm's drop 100's
Only seen it twice though and both no procs.
 Odin.Airius
Server: Odin
user: Airius
By Odin.Airius 2011-06-30 03:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm like 1/70 on 100s in Xarc. Got mine from the whm NM that I found omw to one of the TE.

edit: procs do not determine 100 drops. It is TH only
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-06-30 03:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The hallway leading toward TE-2 on wiki map is by far the best camp in xarcabard. All of the mobs in the hallway are weak to JA. There's also a BST outside the hallway that is the PH for the NM. Go /dnc and watch the currency drop. Average around 250 singles with blu thf rdm.
By SkadooshFenrir 2011-06-30 03:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:
SkadooshFenrir said:

lol... well, they do, both count and duke ^^
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-06-30 09:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
The hallway leading toward TE-2 on wiki map is by far the best camp in xarcabard. All of the mobs in the hallway are weak to JA. There's also a BST outside the hallway that is the PH for the NM. Go /dnc and watch the currency drop. Average around 250 singles with blu thf rdm.

Yea, everytime I've ever gone there there's been people in both those hallways lol.