Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » smite dmg
smite dmg
First Page 2 3
By diddsey 2011-06-24 04:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

i will be getting revenant fists +2 any day now and was just wondering what sort of numbers i can expect smite to do.have af3 +2 5/5 but no BB yet.

guess my average a/fury is around 2.5k mark but often spikes over 5k with my highest to date being 58** (forget exactly)but also can hit sub 1k and im talking about propper NMs not regular mobs.i am think the spikes wont be much better but hoping for better average.

please feel free to use this as a "my smite beats yours" thread :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-06-24 04:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

depends on mob buffs etc etc
in my time with ver iv seen from miss to 8.7k on most normal ***add or subtract if mob/nm has penalty/bonuses to def or something.
throwing out an average id say *4k~ w/o any DA or TA (this is all based in abby RR SS GH usually)

* = all based on eying by no means a real statistical account of my average
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-24 06:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

9880 Vsmite Lugarhoo, 4500ish on kirin/khim, 4k-5k on jailer faith/justice, 7.7k glavoid, 3750 slime boss woe flux2. All of these were sj nin or dnc with either no food at all or nq kabobs oh except the kirin which was mnk/war. And the 10k ws on Lugarhoo was like one day after they updated/adjusted crit hit in some way and that was using razed/ghorn/mounted champ, probably was a 16tp triple attk ws though I forget. None of these impress me that much still until I get a 16tp smite outside of abys where impetus has been up a while and it does 6-7k then its post worthy.

There isnt that much difference in ws dmg between rev fists and vereth, most of the difference in dmg comes from dot not on ws. Infact one Chloris a monk was assisting me mnk/war I was mnk/nin with rev fists he had Vereth and im confident I beat him on ws dmg. Rare/lucky and he most likely won for overall dmg but ws dmg I clearly beat him that time. I know eyeballing is bad but he ws'd then I ws'd and everyone one of mine did more, you dont need a parse to see that. Aftermath and reduced delay will destroy rev fists however.

Oh and 64 dmg vsmite on jailer of fortitude top that!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-06-24 06:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll be looking at an average of 3k damage from Smite, give or take varying by target difficulty, along with DA/TA procs.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 08:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
9880 Vsmite Lugarhoo, 4500ish on kirin/khim, 4k-5k on jailer faith/justice, 7.7k glavoid, 3750 slime boss woe flux2. All of these were sj nin or dnc with either no food at all or nq kabobs oh except the kirin which was mnk/war. And the 10k ws on Lugarhoo was like one day after they updated/adjusted crit hit in some way and that was using razed/ghorn/mounted champ, probably was a 16tp triple attk ws though I forget. None of these impress me that much still until I get a 16tp smite outside of abys where impetus has been up a while and it does 6-7k then its post worthy.

There isnt that much difference in ws dmg between rev fists and vereth, most of the difference in dmg comes from dot not on ws. Infact one Chloris a monk was assisting me mnk/war I was mnk/nin with rev fists he had Vereth and im confident I beat him on ws dmg. Rare/lucky and he most likely won for overall dmg but ws dmg I clearly beat him that time. I know eyeballing is bad but he ws'd then I ws'd and everyone one of mine did more, you dont need a parse to see that. Aftermath and reduced delay will destroy rev fists however.

Posting all your Epeen numbers doesn't really help him w/ his question.

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
You'll be looking at an average of 3k damage from Smite, give or take varying by target difficulty, along with DA/TA procs.
Pretty much the most useful info you'll get out of this thread.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-06-24 09:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:

thats pretty much the same dmg that all mnks on all servers does now, because they all wear the same gear like clones,
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 09:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Your posts never make any sense to me
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-24 11:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what was asked though ... he asked what sort of numbers to expect from vsmite so I said average mnk would do those sort of numbers. None of those are that epeen anyway, whats ur problem?
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-06-24 11:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Thats what was asked though ... he asked what sort of numbers to expect from vsmite so I said average mnk would do those sort of numbers. None of those are that epeen anyway, whats ur problem?
but you /nin or /dnc so your numbers dont count because real mnks /war in all situations.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-24 11:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Some duo's outside of abyssea are safer mnk/nin, guess you are too bandwagon to realise.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 11:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no problem, but unless those numbers are what you average, not going to give reasonable numbers to expect, hence the "won't help w/ his question"
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 11:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
but you /nin or /dnc so your numbers dont count because real mnks /war in all situations.
moron
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-24 11:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Sylph.Krsone said:

thats pretty much the same dmg that all mnks on all servers does now, because they all wear the same gear like clones,

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Your posts never make any sense to me

He doesnt often make sense but I actually agree with him here, I never said these figures would be different to any other monk or that they were particularly special but the OP asked what sort of damage to expect on nms so I reel'd off a few that I remember. And with rev fists or vereth he is more than capable of hitting these figures.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 12:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

recently highest smite i've done was a 11.8k vs turul. 16% tp return. it was boss.
average, 3k on higher lvl mobs. Dragua seems to be the worst for me.
on things like amhuluk/cirein-croin/ironclads/chariots anywhere from 4-6k would be average. I get a lot of 5-7% tp return smites some days. probably a lagging macro or something for 2.5k.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-24 12:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

11.8k is sick dude for Turul, Manotauro of Cerberus has a screenshot of an impressive smite on kirin and Akuji? forget his name the guy with Bruce Lee as an avatar has a screenie of a badass one on faffy. All of mine have been meh most I seem to get is 15tp, or I think its a 16 but its just a 14tp and I got hit as I ws'd.
 Ragnarok.Akuji
Server: Ragnarok
user: Akujisan
By Ragnarok.Akuji 2011-06-24 15:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:

This seems very accurate for Rev +2, obviously slightly more for Vere users.

My notable ones:
8.5k ~ish on Sippoy
4.2k ~ish on Fafnir

One of the best smites I have seen was by Slugg, over 9k.

Slugg's numbers as well as mine were with 90Vere.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 21:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

outside abyssea highest smite i got was 4.6k on Vrtra, but that was a freak case. My average high spikes are 3.6-4k.
The highest Smite to date, without brew is this one:

Atmas: RR/Apoc/SS
those 1.6k crits are the reason I love SS instead of GH.
Vere's are just insane. The other person in the log, Sxy is a twash thief.

this is what an average smite on ironclad looks like without the 2x dmg when its ws'ing. Atmas again apoc/ss/rr

Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 21:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You realize in all those SS he was taking much higher damage from blunt, right?
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 21:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
yes. AND, So you're saying that 12k smites on Ironclad are common?
lol
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 21:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
lol

Quote:
this is what an average smite on ironclad looks like without the 2x dmg when its ws'ing. Atmas again apoc/ss/rr

I'm saying you're an idiot.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 22:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Blazed1979 said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
lol

Quote:

no need to get personal and degrade yourself to personal insults. Its just a game bro.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 22:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Blazed1979 said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
lol

Quote:

no need to get personal and degrade yourself to personal insults. Its just a game bro.

/facepalm
[+]
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 22:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Blazed1979 said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Blazed1979 said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
lol

Quote:

/facepalm
frustration?
you looking cool btw. I admire you.
Can I have your brown belt?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-24 22:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This is for you.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 22:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
-I am fully aware that he becomes weak to different types of dmg.
-I have done the same mob with other jobs, other empyreans, while ironclad was weak to slashing, peircing and have seen everything from a 9k jishnu's to a 10k uko's fury. But I have never seen a 12k smite on ironclad, regardless of what current weakness he had, be it blunt or anything else.
so, after all that, the question still stands, have you seen a 12.6k smite on ironclad before? please poidh.
I'm not saying there isn't. I just highly doubt its from someone like you.
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-06-24 22:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never seen 4 dead/weakened people in an ally fighting smiter
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-06-24 22:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

He's saying you don't average 8.6k when there's no double damage active. Which I 100% agree with, honestly.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 22:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
I have never seen 4 dead/weakened people in an ally fighting smiter
You've never seen Chariot agro a mage popping their ironclad and homming missle them?
good try. We're all so 1337 we never die.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-24 22:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I see
"this is what an average smite on ironclad looks like without the 2x dmg when its ws'ing. Atmas again apoc/ss/r"
Should read "WITH" not "Without" my bad lol.
But honestly that shoulda obviously been seen as typo...
First Page 2 3