Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » War Spellcast TP return Question
War Spellcast TP return Question
 Leviathan.Alas
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-06-23 13:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So my tp set has enough STp in it to maintain a true 6-hit build provided the second Ukko's Fury hit lands. I have a Moonshade Earring for situations where the second hit misses. Obviously, the Moonshade is a waste if the second hit lands since I don't need the regain, so I would benefit more from putting in Ravager's Earring.

My question is:
What's the best way of coding this in Spellcast? I wrote some potential code to insert, but at work so I can't test and wanted to see if there's a better way to do this or if the code will even work.

Code:

<action when="aftercast">
<if tp="15">
<action type="equip">
<rear>Moonshade Earring</rear>
</action>
</if>
<else>
<action type="equip">
<rear>Ravager’s Earring</rear>
</action>
</else>
</action>

With 21 STp on WS (Brutal, Rajas, /Sam) my first hit landing tp return is 15.7, additional hits are worth 1.2. The only situation the Moonshade offers any benefit is if the first hit lands but additional hits do not, thus the tp="15" versus "Else" rule.

Off topic two additional questions:

1) What is the buffactive name on Stalwart's?
2) Is there a way of having Spellcast check your attack at the time of WS to act as the modifier (thus circumventing buffactive rules for stalwarts and Berserk)?

Thanks in advance for the help.
 Leviathan.Alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-06-23 13:17:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Found answer for Stalwarts:
Buffactive name = "Attack boost"
 Leviathan.Alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-06-27 15:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

So after some testing, Spellcast definitely does not work this way. Ended up having to do a command precast input telling it fire off a spell with a 1.5 wait, then adding my tp rules to the imaginary spell casting with added cancelspell and return lines.

Kind of a pain, but now I'm not wasting any damage slots throughout the tp phase if I miss a second hit or land 2+. Also decided against using Moonshade for now and opted instead for White Tathlum as Ravager's Earring is better on average for damage and tp gain. Won't have much reason to use my Moonshade until I finally have perfect STp/Dbl. Attk. augments on E.Body and get a Ninurta's Sash - and even then, it'll only be for when I miss second hit on WS.