New To Synergy ...

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » New to Synergy ...
New to Synergy ...
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-06-15 17:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

...and really confused.

I have the quest started, I haven't actually finished it yet because quite frankly, it freaks me out. I want to do synergy because I enjoy crafting and it seems to be the new crafting. Any pointers for a newb in synergy?
By anjisnu 2011-06-15 18:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

get yourself 4 mythril leaves, a flask of vitriol, and a lot of earth fewell. Then get on a job that can haste put the mats in spam "add earth fewell" until the synergy breaks all the way till 57 or 60 or so level on 1 set of materials since you dont lose anything but fewell when you break a synth in synergy after that i gave myself a few test synths like tele nashmau earring to get accustomed to the finer points of synergy i went level 0-alcides harness+1 in a day
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-16 08:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, what Anjisnu said. You only need 1 set a mats to skill up on. You never actually finish the recipe while skilling up. You run away from the furnace and let the synth fail to get your mats back.

I suggest spamming fewell until the furnace starts to blow, then Smack it for a chance at a skill up and to stop the explosion. Also don't forget to get training every 5 skill levels. You wanna cap Feed Fewell first to lvl5 then the rest is up to you after that.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-16 08:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much what they said is good. It will start slow if you use something that many skill levels apart because you'll have to thwack the furnace every 1-2 feeds though. I aimed for something within 12-13 levels of my current skill after my initial mordant75 bone knife recipe.

Good luck.
[+]