Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP PDT- Build
PUP PDT- Build
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-07 15:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what I'm working with right now.

The Dark Rings are 4% and 6% PDT- and the Taipan Fangs +2 are 10% the Emerald Earring is only there because it has a +4 eva and +5 pet eva aug on it. The only thing left I can think of for this build is a Defending Ring and Black Earrings, Does anyone know where the augmented black earrings come from? I don't really want to give up any of the AF3+2 pieces for PDT- so as far as I can see the earrings are the only thing left to get unless I'm missing something. With the exception that I need another 6% PDT Dark Ring. My current build is 31% during the day and 37% at night due to the Umbra Cape, I would like to break 40%, can someone tell me where to get the Black Earrings? Any other suggestions would be good too, thanks.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-07 15:50:34
Link | Quote | Reply

if you give up the AF3+2 shoes you could hit the haste cap and use the pink shoes with haste on them... (its not Pdt but I think they have evade dont they?) or you could use the movement+12% evade+5 shoes (can't think of name atm)
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-06-07 15:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Hermes' Sandals.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-07 15:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh yes, that was it..the name was slipping my mind for some reason lol
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-07 16:09:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Hermes, I just don't use them, that tiny bit of haste doesn't ever seem to make a huge difference from Aurore Boots. I'm more focused on the PDT. You guys have any idea which Abyssea quest gives the augmented Black Earrings?
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-06-07 16:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually just swap PDT in with damaging tp moves.
I know you didn't want to lose +2 but goliard trews are nice to have.

also for black earrings the quest is Scattered Shells, Scattered Mind from Abyssea - Vunkerl.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-07 16:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah thanks Phear! I'll have to start working on that. I thought about Goliard Trews but I never ended up getting them. I really like the set bonus on the +2 so I think I'll stay away from swapping them out, I like having crit punches outside of Abyssea for over 450 damage lol.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-07 16:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the set effect, "the higher the auto's hp the more the dmg"? And is it like if the auto is at X% it adds Y to dmg? Or is it more the actual hp value of the puppet? If so, wouldn't meleeing with the valoredge frame in Aby, be pretty dominant?
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-07 16:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If your puppet has full HP it's a 100% bonus to damage. It also affects Weapon Skills. so a normal 200 damage crit with a set bonus proc while your Auto is at 100% HP will hit for 400 damage.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-07 16:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

holy crap...thats pretty nuts... and I gues just each piece of AF3+2 just adds to proc rate...but my goodness... ok don't drop AF3+2 for anything then lol
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-07 17:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah each piece adds something like 2% for a total of 10% I THINK, don't quote me on that.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-08 02:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Just went and got my first Black Earring, took about 10 minutes, and the very first one had Resist Virus +2 and PDT-2% :D Now the second one is going to take FOREVER I just know it lol.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-08 20:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So I read something interesting on here and somewhere else also, and that interesting thing was that some people seem to think that cheviot/umbra cape have an EXTRA 5/6% pdt- at night. I had never heard this before today. I also never thought of it that way because it doesn't seem to be how it reads on the description. Can someone clear this up for me? I'm under the assumption that the pdt- on cheviot/umbra changes from 5/6% to 10/12% not 15/18%.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-08 20:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a hidden effect, read wiki.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-08 20:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
It's a hidden effect, read wiki.

Duh, I realize its a hidden effect. You clearly did not understand my question. And Wikipedia is not always correct.
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-06-08 20:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think when people are saying 'EXTRA 5%/6%' they're referring to at night its 5%/6% more than during the day.

I guess it depends on how you interpret what they're saying, but I'm pretty sure they didn't mean 15/18%, they're saying 5%+extra5%=10% at night.
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2011-06-08 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I actually had someone tell me they thought it was an extra 10/12% and I'm not sure why.

Edit: just realized I made a typo in the first place. When I said someone said that you get an extra 5/6% I meant they told me the hidden effect added an extra 10/12%. That was my bad.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-08-06 13:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

BAMP
pup gets high eva, for most situations would pup/nin eva build be better or pup/war pdt build (for soloing) i realise alot is situational. thoughts?