Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Synergy Skills
Synergy Skills
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-05 08:58:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I've just hit Synergy 20, and I'm unsure which techniques to go for, so far I have Feed Fewell at level 3.
Can anyone give me some insight into how I should develop these skills as my synergy gets higher?
Any input would be great, thanks!
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-05 10:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest 5/5 thwacking and 5/5 feed fewell. Thwacking will help you a bit for getting skill ups, so get that asap. Fewell feed is more important for when you're actually trying to make stuff. Of the other 3, not sure which is more important.
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-05 10:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently 4/5 Repair, 5/5 Feed Fewell, 5/5 Safety Lever.

Thwacking it is cool and all but keeping the impurity ratio down with Safety Lever should prevent most of your explosions as is. (I'm not really sure if the pressure affects explosion rate or just damage). I'm looking at finishing Repair and probably putting the last skill into Thwacking (cause my understanding of the pressure level and recycling cinder makes them useless).
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-05 10:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm rather new to synergy myself. I thought pressure is what caused explosions. No idea what impurity ratio does. Repair seems very limited in usefulness. Cinder is garbage.

edit: after reading up a bit I see that impurity does indeed cause overloads, oops!

edit: still no idea what pressure does then...
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-05 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool thanks guys!
So 5/5 Feed Fewell, then it'll be a toss up between Safety lever and thwacking?
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-05 10:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
I'm rather new to synergy myself. I thought pressure is what caused explosions. No idea what impurity ratio does. Repair seems very limited in usefulness. Cinder is garbage.

edit: after reading up a bit I see that impurity does indeed cause overloads, oops!

edit: still no idea what pressure does then...

Pretty sure higher pressure just means more damage you take, but I'm not entirely sure. My repair skill may be worthless (or completely epic) due to my recent decision to skill Clothcraft too since the smock gives an enhanced repair ability.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-06-05 11:38:50
Link | Quote | Reply

My synergy is 29 and I am finding skillups to be rather lackluster.. any advice on a recipe I should spam to maybe get better results? =) Thanks guys!
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-05 11:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
My synergy is 29 and I am finding skillups to be rather lackluster.. any advice on a recipe I should spam to maybe get better results? =) Thanks guys!
from 0-40 I did juices/jugs(requires cooking skill) and teleport earrings. I tried to stay within ~5 levels below the recipe's level. Just spam one of the fewells that is required by the recipe and thwack when an overload starts (can thwack up to 4 times before it explodes). If you thwack successfully there's a good chance of a skillup. It also helps to be on WHM so you can cure status ailments quickly.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-05 11:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Angelskiss said:

So far it seems random to me, but if it helps i've been skilling up on the Silver nugget recipe (caps at 40 skill) this requires 45 fire, 25 earth and 35 water I think.
The ingrediants are 2x Vitroil & 4x silver leaf.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-05 11:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Mordant 75 + Behemoth Knife until 35.
Get a friend with 45~ Cooking and do Nusry Nazuna jugs )Dancing Herbal Broth) to 48.
Gold Nugget to 60.
Platinum Nugget to 70.

You want to try to keep your impurity ratio/fewell feed down to below 15% so you have less explosions (waste of time).

Of course just keep running the Furnace's HP down to 0 and keep feeding/thwacking until then. I hit 70 in about a week and a half, took a few days to get someone with cooking to help me ^.^;
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-06-05 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Kir and Leo I have been trying to make ermmm a jeuno or nashmau earring..think its nashmau :P

But I was concerned it may have been too high for decent skillups at a consistent rate! I also always go whm, haste myself and try to spam earth if I can so the slow doesn't affect me as much (not sure if thats the greatest way but meh lol)

Thank u so much for the input though I will try that recipe Leo and try the thwacking more <3 You guys are rockstars!
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-06-05 11:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

System I have cooking at 60! Wonderful ideas , thank u!
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-05 11:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillup rate isn't affected by the level (it seems). It could potentially slow down as you get closer to capping, but I haven't really noticed it.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-05 11:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome ^.^
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-06-05 11:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

=) The kindness on this site is awesome sauce some days!
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-05 11:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, thanks again guys, you've been a massive help! :)
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-05 11:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh incase you aren't, sub WHM or main WHM for it as well. The status effects only last 10 seconds but you can save a little time (unless you aren't worried about it). The nice thing about using Wind Fewell to skill (behemoth knife and I think dancing herbal but can't remember) is it only knocks you back.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-05 11:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Oh incase you aren't, sub WHM or main WHM for it as well. The status effects only last 10 seconds but you can save a little time (unless you aren't worried about it). The nice thing about using Wind Fewell to skill (behemoth knife and I think dancing herbal but can't remember) is it only knocks you back.

Aye, I noticed the Earth overload is nullified also when you have haste up :D
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
Server: Ragnarok
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2011-06-05 12:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

you can avoid explosion 100% by keeping impurity at 30% and below, thwacking is completely useless when you can prevent explosion altogether, and even for skilling up its still useless since it has a very low chance to prevent explosions, besides whats the point of prolonging furnace health when you aren't making anything? you can just continue skilling up by starting again. Thwacking is useless don't waste your points on it, since you CAN'T re-adjust your synergy skills levels...

Quote:
Pretty sure higher pressure just means more damage you take, but I'm not entirely sure.
yes
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-06-05 12:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flanteus said:
you can avoid explosion 100% by keeping impurity at 30% and below, thwacking is completely useless when you can prevent explosion altogether, and even for skilling up its still useless since it has a very low chance to prevent explosions, besides whats the point of prolonging furnace health when you aren't making anything? you can just continue skilling up by starting again. Thwacking is useless don't waste your points on it, since you CAN'T re-adjust your synergy skills levels...

Quote:
Pretty sure higher pressure just means more damage you take, but I'm not entirely sure.
yes
What would you recommend for skills in that case? Between recycling, thwacking, and pressure, thwacking honestly seems like the best option of the 3 (for my last synergy point).
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-06-05 12:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

you can make yourseof fish gloves to that give uthe option of persision thwacking that generally better then the normal option.