NIN semi update
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-06-03 09:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The job abilities Innin and Yonin will no longer share the same recast timer.

While it's not much.... I think this is pretty badass. Innin needs to work from everywhere, though!
 Bahamut.Angelos
Server: Bahamut
user: Angelos01
By Bahamut.Angelos 2011-06-03 09:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Quote:

While it's not much.... I think this is pretty badass. Innin needs to work from everywhere, though!

Agree because even while under the effects of Innin any kannagi kinja will still pull and hold hate with the rate of attack alone.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-03 09:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Atleast You can now reapply one of the two when you accidently hit the wrong ability.
[+]
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-06-03 11:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Changing the recast timer was a good thing. Face it ninja is pretty powerful at the moment, only thing i wish they did was put this out when the ability was released. Would have been much more useful at 60-70s. I still like it for the ability to switch between the two. Increased evasion when needed back to damage when needed. Like samurai.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-06-03 11:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

While it's not much.... I think this is pretty badass. Innin needs to work from everywhere, though![/quote]
Uh ninja crit hit is insane in or out of aby now. I just think they need to raise ninja magic damage based off tier like they do any other spell so innin wont be such a issue while using it.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-06-03 12:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Stridentzephon said:
Changing the recast timer was a good thing. Face it ninja is pretty powerful at the moment, only thing i wish they did was put this out when the ability was released. Would have been much more useful at 60-70s. I still like it for the ability to switch between the two. Increased evasion when needed back to damage when needed. Like samurai.
Phoenix.Stridentzephon said:
Uh ninja crit hit is insane in or out of aby now. I just think they need to raise ninja magic damage based off tier like they do any other spell so innin wont be such a issue while using it.

... Why didn't you just say these in the same post?
[+]
By Kaerin 2011-06-03 14:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/9239-dev1017-Yonin-Innin

Go there, show support! Let's get it fixed!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-03 16:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Innin actually makes NIN a fairly strong DD against high defense monsters. Critrate is a static 1.0 increase in pDIF, so it's much more valuable as level correction and enemy defense increase. Further, with the -enmity it's easier to stay below the hate cap and go all-out for longer periods of time, much like DRG with its hate-shedding jumps. This is potentially valuable on monsters that aren't melee friendly (VWNMs for instance). Instead of saying the devs don't know when the job is useful, perhaps you should contemplate the possibility that you're not fully exploiting the tools you have available.

Yonin's trades are no different from the trades you make in gear.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-06-03 18:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Innin actually makes NIN a fairly strong DD against high defense monsters. Critrate is a static 1.0 increase in pDIF, so it's much more valuable as level correction and enemy defense increase. Further, with the -enmity it's easier to stay below the hate cap and go all-out for longer periods of time, much like DRG with its hate-shedding jumps. This is potentially valuable on monsters that aren't melee friendly (VWNMs for instance). Instead of saying the devs don't know when the job is useful, perhaps you should contemplate the possibility that you're not fully exploiting the tools you have available.

I seem to be missing something here. I NIN full time these days which means I am primary/only Tank or my Dmg delt hold monster focus most all the time making Innin less than useful. I am not trying to pick a fight but if I am missing something the "Striking from behind" requirement makes it useless to me.

You can't have everything,some times you have x2 nins in a group.if thats the case i personaly like to use innin
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2011-06-03 18:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Angelos said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Quote:

Agree because even while under the effects of Innin any kannagi kinja will still pull and hold hate with the rate of attack alone.

Any nin*

Don't even need kannagi to pull hate
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-03 18:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Innin is nice when it is actually in effect (not much :/)
[+]
By Kaerin 2011-06-03 19:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
perhaps you should contemplate the possibility that you're not fully exploiting the tools you have available.

So... I should like, get 3 THFs in my party and have them spam collaborater on me in the party so I stay under the hate cap, and they stay on top so I can use Innin? That's the only thing I can think of to abuse the system on stuff that turns around. And it sounds like a lot of effort I don't want to go through and pretty much a waste of party slots. But maybe I am missing something, could you elaborate more? Is there something I don't understand about the mechanics of enmity and the -enmity it gives lets you not cap or something? Because for me, I just attack stuff without either up and have hate 99% of the time, pretty much regardless of what I am fighting at this point.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

Who makes trades in gear? You macro on PDT/MDT sets if it matters, then take them off and go back to DD gear. Yonin doesn't work that way, I can't just use it for 10 seconds, then turn it off, then turn in back on for 10 seconds when I need it again.... unless 5 minutes has gone by. So its actually nothing like gear, it's a full tiem buff you use or you don't use. And currently, it's not worth using outside abyssea, and it never was, unless you were nin/drking something, which was pointless anyway, should of been using PLDs instead since they would held hate better and taken less damage.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-06-03 19:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a crazy breakthrough

but it's not a kick in the balls either.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-06-03 19:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Grabs popcorn