Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Shura Zunari Kabuto Augments
Shura Zunari Kabuto Augments
First Page 2
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-25 19:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't had the opportunity to augment any of these for friends yet but the results that have been posted on BG so far seem promising. The list below are just some of the main augments that have been reported for the NQ Shura head but there are many more that it can get that I just don't care to mention here because they suck. I'd also like to see what the HQ kabuto can get as they are reports that HQ pieces can achieve slightly better results.

Weaponskill damage (1~2%)
Attack (3~6)
Dex (1~4)
Conserve TP (2~5)
Skillchain damage (1~2%)

You always get the WS dmg augment if you HQ the recipe and one to two other augments depending on the HQ tier. HQ1/HQ2 is WS dmg and one other augment. HQ3 is WS dmg and up two augments.

I'd really like to see what else this can get and wether or not the HQ Shura head can get higher numbers. This could become a really nice head for Victory Smite.

Source for augment list: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104526-Sky-Abjuration-Gear-Synergy-Augments
 Asura.Planet
Server: Asura
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-05-25 19:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

whats so promising about these stats...? i dont get it.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-25 19:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

From what i noticed on the augments posted so far, it would seem liike all HQ Abj. gear have higher chances at getting multiple augments of greater quality
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-25 20:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Planet said:
Shiva.Alistrianna said:
Attack (3~6)
Dex (1~4)
Conserve TP (2~5)
Skillchain damage (1~2%)
Shura Kabuto with WSDMG+2%, preferably combined with attack and Conserve TP on an HQ3 augment, is the best MNK WS headpiece in the game.
[+]
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-05-25 20:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Planet said:
Shiva.Alistrianna said:
Attack (3~6)
Dex (1~4)
Conserve TP (2~5)
Skillchain damage (1~2%)
Shura Kabuto with WSDMG+2%, preferably combined with attack and Conserve TP on an HQ3 augment, is the best MNK WS headpiece in the game.

No doubt, do want.
 Asura.Planet
Server: Asura
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-05-25 20:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Captaincrunch said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Planet said:
Shiva.Alistrianna said:
Attack (3~6)
Dex (1~4)
Conserve TP (2~5)
Skillchain damage (1~2%)

No doubt, do want.

do u realize u can get that on a Anwig Salade... or any of the moogle kupo hats with better stats?

lets brake down the WS damage +2% for a sec...
even if u was to brake out a 3000 weapon skill on average
3000*.02 = 60
you really want that extra 60 damage? when u can build more modifier stats to just increase the damage surpassing that gimp azz 60
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-25 20:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

is that 2% better than most af3's and or twilight?
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-25 20:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

4 str 4 agi 2% ws dmg 15 ws acc vs
6 str 6 acc 2% ws dmg 6 attk 4 dex

Anwing beaten unless hurting for acc but this is assuming you get best augments on hq kabuto. Even without the attk and dex if youre getting the 2% augment on it id change anwig to something else.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-25 20:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Planet said:
do u realize u can get that on a Anwig Salade... or any of the moogle kupo hats with better stats?
You do realize 10 acc from the STR+4 augment (which is *less* STR than what Shura has) is essentially irrelevant and the AGI does nothing for MNK WS? Not to mention hey, some people use their MKD hats for things other than WS builds.

Quote:
you really want that extra 60 damage? when u can build more modifier stats to just increase the damage surpassing that gimp azz 60
Find something better then.

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Twilight should still win for Fudo at least, maybe YGK as well.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-25 20:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Break******************************
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-25 20:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: saving face

though,

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

varangian? <_>
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-25 20:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

dat has -acc bro
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-25 20:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
ITT: saving face

though,

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

varangian? <_>
Completely forgot that thing exists >_> Shows how much time I spend with people that play SAM.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-25 20:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-25 20:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

That list on BG is really only a small sample size for Shura head. There are probably many more stats, possibly higher numbers for existing ones we haven't seen yet.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-05-25 21:20:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
is the best MNK WS headpiece in the game.
Inside Abyssea perhaps, but even then there will be mobs you need acc on both inside and outside abyssea, MKE head is still top damage head whenever the extra 9acc is doing something for you. And frankly just looking at the evasion on a lv 97 exp mob inside of abyssea if thats the same kind of evasion I can expect outside then yes, the accuracy is relevant.

This is a case by case situation though, if ppl dont find themselves doing much high-endgame mobs, go with Shura. If you want to dedicate your head piece to another job, go with shura.
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-05-25 21:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Planet said:
Fenrir.Captaincrunch said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Planet said:
Shiva.Alistrianna said:
Attack (3~6)
Dex (1~4)
Conserve TP (2~5)
Skillchain damage (1~2%)

No doubt, do want.

lets brake down the WS damage +2% for a sec...
even if u was to brake out a 3000 weapon skill on average
3000*.02 = 60

lmao
 Fenrir.Queazy
user: Queezy
By Fenrir.Queazy 2011-05-25 21:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

He pissin in yo cherios yo; wait yo captain crunch!! o.-
By javelinx 2011-05-25 22:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
dat has -acc bro

worried about -acc on a ws piece for a single hit 2 handed ws....learn how those ws's work then rethink your ws build...

if your using twilight on a non critical hit ws, that gets an acc boost...ur special

the only comparison we should be using is V.helm vs shura/+1(as any1 thats got fudo/kaiten should have V.helm as its a high drop rate)

(only list stats that matter for single hit 2hdn ws's)
V. helm: 12 str/24att
shura+1:6str, ws dmg+2, att+6, sc dmg+2, conserve tp+5

so basically the question that needs answered for those that cant do the math themselves is: is 6 str and 18 att great than ws dmg+2, etc, etc...some variable there, like are you at att cap without that 18 att, wat augments did you get on the +1, etc. the str doesnt really matter much in abyssea since FSTR is capped(more of a slight plateau) inside abys for most sams in most situations. so att being capped(which it usually is) and str not really mattering much, shura+1 with augments is better than vhat, which is better than twilight helm for fudo/kaiten (if you disagree with that particular statement then you do not understand how single hit 2hnd ws's work, and probably don't know which ws's are pdif capped for sam, which is to say, not the 2 best ws's, 12 str/24 att> 10str/25 att, simple bcus 2 str=~ 6~att on kaiten/fudo)

for the counter argument that i see coming, yes i said str doesnt matter much, but it matters a whole hell of a lot more than att IF you att is capped
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-25 22:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone on Shiva have a Shura head(+1) and access to some dryadic tatters so I can see what other potential augments this head can get? lol.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-25 22:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

javelinx said:
i got trolled

yes, yes you did
[+]
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-05-25 22:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh javelinx, you so smrt!
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-26 03:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Alistrianna said:
anyone on Shiva have a Shura head(+1) and access to some dryadic tatters so I can see what other potential augments this head can get? lol.

Not on your server but, there was a -1 Shura Head on Cmy server for 500k that I was eying for a few days up until I saw the augment recently-- picked it up about 4 days ago when the WS+2% was realized. Can have many augments to show when I get my mule sky access (she's on ZM9 now).
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-26 04:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Planet said:
You do realize 10 acc from the STR+4 augment (which is *less* STR than what Shura has) is essentially irrelevant and the AGI does nothing for MNK WS? Not to mention hey, some people use their MKD hats for things other than WS builds.

Quote:
Find something better then.

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:

pwnt.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-27 11:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I bring gewd news! That Shura+1 helm I was talking about, I just recently got +6 Attack, +2% WS dmg and Conserve TP+5 on it, confirming an augment stated in the OP. Pic in a sec~

I had perfect alignment, and thwacked it until it gave me a "straighter silhouette" message. HQ off top gives +1~2% WS dmg, making NQ better than Anwig, as you guys have previously mentioned.

Gonna buy up more Dryadic Tatters while they are still cheap and try again soon.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-27 11:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Better for pure DD w/ capped acc, situational w/ anwig, if Heroes NM or w/e the new content is I hear has high eva
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-27 11:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed, those Voidwatch NMs are quite evasive. However, I'm not main job on point like you guys are, so this will do nicely over what I've been using. >_<

Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-27 11:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
I bring gewd news! That Shura+1 helm I was talking about, I just recently got +6 Attack, +2% WS dmg and Conserve TP+5 on it, confirming an augment stated in the OP. Pic in a sec~

Was that the only augment attempt you tried? I'm curious as to wether or not you got anything not listed on BG. The sample size for Shura head is still pretty small. All of those augments were also only done on an NQ head, so the Kabuto +1 could potentially get higher results.

Edit: Also, it may not be as good as Anwig in uncapped accuracy situations, but I was torn on an Anwig for DNC with Waltz recast -2 or a Victory Smite head. At least now I can pick the Waltz recast and still be able to get a decent head for Victory Smite with stats similar to Anwig.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-27 11:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh, posted on BG as well:

1) +1 Resist Bind, +2% WS dmg
2) +3 Resist Gravity, +2% WS dmg
3) DEX+2

I'll get more tatters from this JP bazaar as soon as I see her in the evening and try more.
 Shiva.Alistrianna
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-29 03:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got abjuration to uncurse a Shura kabuto. Hopefully I can find a -1 piece here on Shiva. I've got 24 tatters and d.hand abjuration to shred up to see what I can make with it.
First Page 2