Blm/sch

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » blm/sch
blm/sch
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-05-22 18:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

so i gota know what everybody thinks about when the level cap hits 99 and we get the sch spell icestorm as a subjob which will add a nice bit of dmg to our ice spells with elemental obi, sor. tonbans, and twilight cape, so i gota ask will this be the new sub job to out do rdm sub ur thoughts?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-05-22 19:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said:
If I was SE I would lower thunderstorm to 49 at least so all blm elemental nukes will be on equal ground outside abyssea in balance.

No
By Inuyasha 2011-05-22 19:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said:
If I was SE I would lower thunderstorm to 49 at least so all blm elemental nukes will be on equal ground outside abyssea in balance. If they don't then inside and outside ice will murder thunder for 99 cap yeah which sounds very odd for FFXI longterm
Ice will always "murder" thunder anyway...because only like 2% of all mob types are weak to thunder and 3% are weak to other elements....the other 95% are all weak to ice.....
By daddyrabbit4444 2011-05-22 19:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

im pretty sure "weak to" means less chance of resist and nothing to do with dmg but oh well
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-22 19:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo they will necessarily have to do something about thunderstorm. There's no point in granting the other ones and skipping thunder. It's not a one off spell since it belongs to a family of spells. It would be as if they forgot to add Thunder V by the time we reach 99.
Aurora and Voidstorm can be considered somewhat different since there are no real Light/Dark nukes for BLM. Aurorastorm on WHM would be simply amazing though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Inuyasha 2011-05-22 19:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

daddyrabbit4444 said:
im pretty sure "weak to" means less chance of resist and nothing to do with dmg but oh well
i still get more dmg on Blizzard IV than Thunder IV because of resistance...if it resists it will obviously do less damage....but if you hit something with something its weak to it will do more dmg....(Ex: Colibri and piercing + penta thrust = big damage spike.....Colibri strong to ice + heavenly strike = gimp heavenly strike etc.etc.etc.)

but i still used thunder IV and blizzard IV together at 75 cause they where the highest DD spells for solo at that level....combined with AMII to lower appropriate resistances :X

EDIT: wait...Colibri are strong to wind weak to ice right >_>?
By Inuyasha 2011-05-22 19:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said:
Inuyasha said:
Bismarck.Legendia said:
If I was SE I would lower thunderstorm to 49 at least so all blm elemental nukes will be on equal ground outside abyssea in balance. If they don't then inside and outside ice will murder thunder for 99 cap yeah which sounds very odd for FFXI longterm
Ice will always "murder" thunder anyway...because only like 2% of all mob types are weak to thunder and 3% are weak to other elements....the other 95% are all weak to ice.....
SE designed their game for max potential dmg like Earth -> water -> wind -> fire -> ice -> thunder I didn't come up with that. Thunder has always done the most dmg that's why I'd be surprised if they left blm/sch getting hailstorm and not thunderstorm, giving the new max dmg to a different element. It kills their own balance because even if we have multiple thunder + attack atmas in abssyea, we would have beyond and self obi's to balance and have ice win still
in movies they call this a plot hole....in other places its called bieng inconsistent :/

but either way....i still cant wait for Blizzaja Thundaja and Thunder V......just cause im a perfectionist and Beyond + Blizzaja = DETHGA!

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Inuyasha 2011-05-22 20:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said:
Inuyasha said:
daddyrabbit4444 said:
i still get more dmg on Blizzard IV than Thunder IV because of resistance...if it resists it will obviously do less damage....but if you hit something with something its weak to it will do more dmg....(Ex: Colibri and piercing + penta thrust = big damage spike.....Colibri strong to ice + heavenly strike = gimp heavenly strike etc.etc.etc.) but i still used thunder IV and blizzard IV together at 75 cause they where the highest DD spells for solo at that level....combined with AMII to lower appropriate resistances :X EDIT: wait...Colibri are strong to wind weak to ice right >_>?
It's not the same for magic as melee though Bats are weak to piercing and light + wind. It does not mean wind and light get a dmg boost they only get an accuracy boost. That's why the very second my manaburn dings 28 or 53 I tell them to switch aeroga - > firaga or aeroga II -> firaga II It will do more dmg because that's how the spells are designed, just slightly less magic accuracy. Wind and light are great for bats 10 lvls higher or more
magic accuracy raises the damage range while MAB boosts possible damage to reach that range...and depending on resists and other checks determines damage.....works the same for phys and mag rally...just a little difference in both checks

Post deleted by User.
By Inuyasha 2011-05-22 23:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Legendia said:
If you cap accuracy on a bat and swing a dagger, you will do extra dmg. But if you cap magic accuracy the fact it's a bat wont give you anything extra by casting wind or light magic. That's the difference I was making
yea...but my original point is that if its less resistant...you wont get resisted as often and it wont deal low damage as often...think the only difference between physical damage type resistance and magic elemental resistance is that physdmg is constant...while magical resistance randomly procs.....but meh....

anyway, if something is resistant of course it will do less damage...and i checked...monitors are weak to lightning but strong to nothing....so the random freeze II resists down to 340 where like out of nowhere....specially with beyond and kirin....+ the extra stuff

EDIT!: wrong forum for that last part....but meh it fits <_< >_>
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
Server: Fenrir
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-22 23:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're actually fighting very strong stuff (10~15+ levels higher), it's pretty easy to cap magic acc on whatever spell unless the mob is specifically strong to it though. And physical acc has about the same randomness as magic resist too, they're much more equivalent than physical dmg resistance/weaknesses.
[+]
By Biglen 2011-05-25 11:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know about you all but I use /sch in aby and /rdm outside, but I don't really have a issue with magic and not having phanlax is not really a issue. I like having my desert boots with sandstorm and I can't wait for the new storms they give us with the new Ja's as well I will be excited to see my sublimination hopefully give me more mp, and as well being able to use more strategms than I do at this time.

Being a elvaan is not ideal for blm but I wasn't planning on being a mage in the beginning but I like this /sub alot right now and I only see it being better but with /rdm also rising with the level increase that job might still be superior for awhile