Warriors In Abyssea

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warriors in Abyssea
Warriors in Abyssea
By Ryufu 2011-05-20 14:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I am relatively new to Abyssea, I want to get started on end-game content ASAP -- so I am wondering...what are some of the Atmas /Items / and weapon skills that people look for in parties? Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-05-20 14:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fell Cleave.

Say hello to massive amounts of exp and cruor in one stroke.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-05-20 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Lotus Blade
Seraph Blade
Seraph Strike
Earthcrusher
Sunburst
Shadow of Darkness
Energy Drain
Cyclone
Freezebite
Raiden Thrusts

These are all red procs. Get a weapon for each and make sure you have appropriate skill ratings. ED and Cyclone are /NIN only.

Impulse Drive
Spiral Hell
Evisceration
Shadowstitch
Retribution
Black Halo (Not sure if WAR can use. I haven't gotten it yet.)
and a few other WSNMs needed for blue procs.

Atmas you'll need Razed Ruins, Voracious Violet, and Atma of the Apocalypse or Gnarled Horn.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-20 14:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Voracious Violet / Razed Ruins / Gnarled Horn atma til you can get Atma of the Apocalypse (replaces GH). Sanguine Scythe is also a relatively easy to get substitute for GH.

AF3 is a decent tp set and relatively easy to get. Vermeil Bhuj will carry you to level cap where widowmaker is a massive upgrade. Ukko would be a good item too ;3

Raging rush with lots of +crit damage/chance gear is your meat and potato WS. A good warrior with lots of weapons skilled up can do like 71% of blue-slashing proc's and about the same amount of red. This is what will get you to be an asset to the group more than anything (during NMs not exp).
 Bahamut.Ragni
Server: Bahamut
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-05-20 14:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:

Atmas you'll need Razed Ruins, Voracious Violet, and Atma of the Apocalypse or Gnarled Horn.

Now with uncapped Crit dmg the best atmas for war are: Razed Ruins, Apoc and Sanguine Scythe (bukhis one). Ofcourse if ur using ws which crits :p
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-20 14:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ragni said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Now with uncapped Crit dmg the best atmas for war are: Razed Ruins, Apoc and Sanguine Scythe (bukhis one). Ofcourse if ur using ws which crits :p

Does anyone have any parses between the two? I'm curious.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-05-20 14:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Red Lotus Blade
Seraph Blade
Seraph Strike
Earthcrusher
Sunburst
Shadow of Darkness
Energy Drain
Cyclone
Freezebite
Raiden Thrusts

These are all red procs. Get a weapon for each and make sure you have appropriate skill ratings. ED and Cyclone are /NIN only.

Impulse Drive
Spiral Hell
Evisceration
Shadowstitch
Retribution
Black Halo (Not sure if WAR can use. I haven't gotten it yet.)
and a few other WSNMs needed for blue procs.

Though it takes having merits into great katana, if you have a weapon like the Lotus Katana, you can get Tachi: Jinpu right now with /Sam. Since my group has a Thf at all times, it lets us cover all red procs but Tachi: Koki (for now) with just the two of us.

As for your second list, yes, War gets Black Halo. The only Blue proc Club WS they don't have is Hexa Strike.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-20 15:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vlorsutes said:
Though it takes having merits into great katana, if you have a weapon like the Lotus Katana, you can get Tachi: Jinpu right now with /Sam. Since my group has a Thf at all times, it lets us cover all red procs but Tachi: Koki (for now) with just the two of us.

As for your second list, yes, War gets Black Halo. The only Blue proc Club WS they don't have is Hexa Strike.

For those wars without 75 sam, GKT Torque + the GKT Hachimaki allows you to use Jinpu as well. Or Torque + Bushi earring.

(You won't have access to Blade Ei though...)

And yes, best atma's for Ukko war are SS/RR/Apoc. Can look at Motenten's updated Spreadsheet for exact comparison.
By Ryufu 2011-05-20 19:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I thank you for the answers. One other thing though, do you have to actually do damage to trigger the weakness? I am a bit worried cause I might miss with some of the less leveled up weapons I have
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-20 19:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

no, you don't have to do damage, but if you whiff jinpu you have to redo it.
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-05-20 19:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to land the ws, yes.
But they're all elemental weaponskills. Think that gives them 95% acc on the ws regardless? Could be wrong.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-20 19:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

you can't miss traditional elemental ws, but you can whiff jinpu.
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-05-22 06:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryufu said:
I thank you for the answers. One other thing though, do you have to actually do damage to trigger the weakness? I am a bit worried cause I might miss with some of the less leveled up weapons I have

All true elemental WS cannot miss and will proc even if they do zero damage. Certain effects, such as Ningishzida's Pyric Bulwark, will cause them to have no effect, but other than that they'll always land, even if your accuracy is terrible.

Tachi: Jinpu and Tachi: Koki are hybrids, as they have elemental properties and can give amber light when they're used to kill mobs, but they can miss and are affected by Sneak Attack.