Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Sephiel
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sephiel
By Carbuncle.Sephiel 2011-05-18 11:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ravenal said:
this is what were going to be selling to start with.

Helm of Briareus = LV. 80 Almace(sword) LV. 80 Kannagi(katana)
Carabosse Gem = LV. 80 Masamune(great katana) LV. 80 Armageddon(gun) LV. 80 Caladbolg(great sword)

u have to be on the days and times that we do are events. witch is 7:30 est to 10:00 est on Tuesday and Saturday.it will take 2-3 days to get your stage 1 complete.

price 15 million.

we use to do dynamis 2x a week to make shore all are members got 1-2 million a month. and well yea dynamis sucks now. so on to a new plain.

no were not a mercenary shell. we just like everyone to have gil for food,spells,leveling and gear.

please pm me here or send me a tell in game.

1M ! Deal ?
 Asura.Erics
Server: Asura
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2011-05-18 11:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the OP is trolling... Did he forget to post the Yao Ming pic? :X!
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-18 11:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

It takes 3 people to guarantee all Red !! are covered. WAR/NIN/WHM (WHM is just there for cure but was very handy/needed depending on the NM)
Then it takes 1-2 to kill Bri NIN/DNC can stun all WS though haste and a WHM for back up cures is nice. 3 is best so you can have a THF for TH3+

It took my friend and I (I DBed WHM) about 3-5 hours over 5-6 days to get my 50 helms. We've started on his and in 2 hours we got him 5 helms already.

I guess if it is really hard for people to make a friend or 2 that has the same schedule but then I'd argue why play an MMORPG when you could play an RPG and not get held back by the lack of people you know.

I've bought helms for 50k a helm from people farming the +2s. Used to see the price of 100k for popset and 100k for each helm floating around which would put the cost at around 7.5mil to 10mil.

So I guess 15mil isn't that far off but really if getting this part done is a problem the next 2 will be nearly impossible unless you're sitting on gil to blow.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-18 11:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad that there's no "-" button for posts anymore because this would get me rated down like crazy:

300k/item is what a ls on my server charges and they've gotten 3-5 (i can't remember, nor do i care much) "fish" to bite. It's understandable for him to start high and then be willing to haggle down. If no one bites at 15 mil on day 1 you might get 2-3 PMs from people willing to pay 12. If you think it's too much then undercut them. Not willing to spend the time making someone else an empyrean for money? Then I guess you have no room to comment on the price lol.

Let's pretend you have a 4-5 man set for this (i'm aware it can be done with less). Imagine farming for the giant pops that can sometimes be a pain, killing briarius and then only getting 1 helm. You just asked people to waste their time for a measley 60k each. I don't buy pops and I don't involve myself in the selling of them (we do sell them but i don't get involved with price, i just collect a paycheck), but I can appreciate being able to charge what people are willing to pay vs. what you can get for obtaining it. People were still paying the taliban linkshells on my server 20-25 mil for ridills are 90 cap. Just sayin
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
Server: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-18 11:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I love all the posts on this thread.

On phoenix HoneyBadger has sold 4 sets of Carabosse 80 Empy's we sell gems 200k a peice. we take about 7 hours for 50 items. usually spilts 2-4 ways so 5mil-2.5mil for 7 hours of work isnt the most amazing but its a steady income.

People laugh so hard that others try to sell things " No one would ever pay that!@?! lorfltitsmyaahhaha" then shells like mine, Volume ect make constant gil off of such deals. Its just so entertaining to do.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-05-18 12:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Deboro said:
I love all the posts on this thread.

On phoenix HoneyBadger has sold 4 sets of Carabosse 80 Empy's we sell gems 200k a peice. we take about 7 hours for 50 items. usually spilts 2-4 ways so 5mil-2.5mil for 7 hours of work isnt the most amazing but its a steady income.

People laugh so hard that others try to sell things " No one would ever pay that!@?! lorfltitsmyaahhaha" then shells like mine, Volume ect make constant gil off of such deals. Its just so entertaining to do.

Well it's nice to know the majority of the FFXI playerbase are morons these days.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-18 12:13:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:

Well it's nice to know the majority of the FFXI playerbase have always been morons and will never change.
[+]
By Hulahoop 2011-05-18 12:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Barber said:
It's a touch on the high side, but there are plenty of people out there with gil and nothing to spend it on these days. I would just warn anyone going this route that probably nobody will be selling sobek skins and the competition for those KI is much higher than for Bri so you may be spending 15M on something you have no hope on finishing.

yep. nobody sells em, 24/7 competition on most servers (i think)
i remember trying to purchase glavoid shells for stage 1 twash earlier since 2010. i offered 200k, then 300k, then 350k, then 400k, until i just decided to slowly grind them out with a few friends. absolutely no offers. granted thats stage one. youll almost alllllwwaaayyysss see guku/tunga being camped for bri/itz pops, and youll almost alllllwaayyyysss never see anyone selling.

in other words, take barber's advice. be careful dropping so much gil on this since you have a long road ahead still
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-05-18 12:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

me and my friend had a system.. we both have th6 THFs so we would farm 4 of all pops for us and we both have a dualbox WHM

so 4 sets

then swap to NIN and WAR for all red !!

and then MNK + THF cuz victory smite on bosses just takes em down all the much quicker

only goin 1-2x/week for for all 4 pops, we finished in about a month

for 15m would need lv85 so its not just town gear
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-05-18 12:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ravenal said:
and well yea dynamis sucks now.

Lol... Dynamis is better than ever for coin farming if you bother to learn the new systems and game the hell out of it before SE comes in and nerfs it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-18 12:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said:

Dawwww
[+]
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-18 13:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, if someone can make 15 mil no problem in a short time span, don't see why they can't buy an empryean. Granted, I wouldn't spend it on Carabosse, but for glavoids and chloris', maybe.

Hell it's a lot cheaper than a relic atm and more dmg in most cases.

Hey, it's cheaper than mantai's prices. lol. maybe you can find a cheaper price than 15 mil.
 Carbuncle.Hatfield
user: Hatfield
By Carbuncle.Hatfield 2011-05-18 13:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

omg gems? really? screw this i'd sell someone gems for way less, considering cara now drops +2 items, if you think a gem is worth more than 1-200k TOPS, you're a *** tard.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-18 13:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lv 85 and 90 trials i could see people paying, though with KIs comming from chests after next patch probably not the 85s. You are also right that Chloris and Galvoid could be worth it to buy some but the 2 they are offing for really are not worth it. With the addition of more ??? to pop competition for the NMs will go down as well which is the only thing that will really slow you down for those NMs too so it's losing even more value a that...

I really would not call this buying and empryean though because as i said earlyer (and someone else a few posts ago) you are paying 15mil for town gear, all you are doing is setting yourself up to be in a situation to pay more to make it something you can actually use and it not be worse than most magian weapons.
 Asura.Gugi
user: Gugi456
By Asura.Gugi 2011-05-18 13:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

@ OP... it seems to me that you HATEEEEEEE your LS members. Having them slave for 15mil, i wouldn't do that to my guys... sorry. HELL i wouldn't even move for 15mil.

p.s. 15mil split up with 18 active members(including yourself) is pennies.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-18 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gugi said:
@ OP... it seems to me that you HATEEEEEEE your LS members. Having them slave for 15mil, i wouldn't do that to my guys... sorry. HELL i wouldn't even move for 15mil.

I worry for your LS if it takes you guys a full alliance to take these NMs down...
[+]
 Asura.Gugi
user: Gugi456
By Asura.Gugi 2011-05-18 13:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Asura.Gugi said:

I worry for your LS if it takes you guys a full alliance to take these NMs down...

Lol, i was talking about his LS dawg.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-18 13:40:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gugi said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Asura.Gugi said:

Lol, i was talking about his LS dawg.
Could probably finish an empryean in 1-2 hrs with that many people and uncamped. So about less than a mil split among those players in 1-2 hrs is pretty good.
By Haptic 2011-05-18 13:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lold.
 Carbuncle.Archangelgab
By Carbuncle.Archangelgab 2011-05-18 18:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gugi said:

83,333.3333333333333333333 gils each @ 18 people

average dominion and cruor "gil" gear is 6.9k ish......

If you want to round it up : 35k per teal, aurore and perle gear sets
105k ish give or take from npc'ing gear plus all the space you can use for dominion augmented weapons.

firmament sword is 7k ish per sword..... multiply that times the free slots you have in mog sack and inventory...

It's all kinds of stupid to pay this guy or his shell, f that and go dominion xp for 2~3 days and EACH ls member will get more per day than 15 mill one time... divided by 18 ....
 Carbuncle.Astrida
user: AstridaG
By Carbuncle.Astrida 2011-05-18 18:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

2.5m deal!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-18 18:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

15 million gil to get a useless stage 1 empyrean weapon in 3 days, or free to get a useless stage 1 empyrean in 3 days with the help of two friends. Hmm...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-18 18:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

WHAT IF YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Astrida
user: AstridaG
By Carbuncle.Astrida 2011-05-18 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-18 18:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Astrida said:
Pay each person 5 million each and walk away only having spend 10million :D
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-18 18:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

solo it
[+]
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2011-05-18 18:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I lol'd after reading OP.
You expect to get 15mil for a worthless 80 stage?