Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Couple of "new" Dynamis questions
Couple of "new" Dynamis questions
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-05-15 13:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone established a collection of maps showing the location of the Time Extension mobs for the main cities Dynamis zones?

Also, I read that sneak and invisible can be used to stealth past Dynamis mobs now? Does that hold true for all Dynamis mobs? Or are the NM's still "true" sight/sound?

Just curious about these things. Thanks in advance for any replies.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-05-15 14:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

nms arent true sight/sound, when we did jeuno the other day, we ran to the boss pop, got a pop, killed it withing the first half hour, and then ran around and explored
 Sylph.Katoplepa
Server: Sylph
user: katoplepa
By Sylph.Katoplepa 2011-05-15 14:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

sneak/invis works well, you can travel all the area without been aggroed...

I tried with a friend a travel to xarcabard, we start killing some "kindred dark knight" in the spot of Count Raum, then after 2 kills, Duke Sox popped... we killed it, Ninja Tekko dropped... the same happened after killed some "kindred paladin" then Marquis Sabnak popped... it was like "PH killed" then NM popped... or some sort of lottery pop...

one of them dropped 1 item r/x (don't remember the name now) so we've gone to DL spot and traded the item to ??? point, then DL spawned ^^

DL seemed to be the same DL and maybe had to be killed the same way, chainstun or something, because it spawned casting aeroga3 and keep spamming aga3, stunned one with violent flourish but he keep doin it... at 90% he popped Yin&Yang, they missed me a lot but DL keep spamming agas3...

regarding time extensions, for now I don't know, we tried some statues but they given anything, I think they had to be triggered in some ways to give time extensions...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-15 14:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I made these and posted them in this thread. Dynamis - Jeuno's TEs are easy, three roam around the upper "ring", but stay in generally the same spots, and the fourth is on the upper floor of the palace. Windurst I am unsure of, I've not been inside of there yet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-05-15 16:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome post, Prothescar. Thank you much.
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2011-05-15 22:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you verify the placement of the Rearguard Eye in Beaucedine on this map you posted? I ran around there for like 15min all around that area and couldn't find it anywhere near the red dot at G8
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2011-05-15 22:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Were you looking on the top level or the bottom level? Because it's on the bottom level. It's where that hut is in Xarcbard S for the Sandy S storyline fight.
 Asura.Antaress
Server: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-05-15 22:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jabel said:
Can you verify the placement of the Rearguard Eye in Beaucedine on this map you posted? I ran around there for like 15min all around that area and couldn't find it anywhere near the red dot at G8

Did 3 beauce runs and all of them had the eye exactly where the map shows O.o
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2011-05-16 03:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Got it now! TYVM. It was up a level higher than I was looking. I needed to run up towards Nue's spawn area move from where I was looking.
 Fenrir.Azazael
Server: Fenrir
user: azazael
By Fenrir.Azazael 2011-05-16 15:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Dynamis - Jeuno's TEs are easy, three roam around the upper "ring", but stay in generally the same spots, and the fourth is on the upper floor of the palace. Windurst I am unsure of, I've not been inside of there yet.

The fifth one in Jeuno is on the lower level of the AH.
 Bismarck.Samusaki
user: Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2011-05-16 17:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I just soloed Sandy as RDM/BLM I discovered that you can successfully nuke all the TE stones with no aggro from the surrounding mobs. Even if the mobs are looking at the stone or even on the stone. You just need to make sure the mobs do not actually see you. The mobs will only link with the stone if you mele the stone. I confirmed this by 2 nukes on the AH stone. I then ran to tunnel heading to the stables. Nothing linked the stone. I ran outta MP so I figured I would just mele it down. As soon as I hit it, 5 orcs came at me like a fat kid on a cupcake. It took me 20 min to get all the clears. It would have been shorter if I didn't die.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-16 17:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Samusaki said:
I just soloed Sandy as RDM/BLM I discovered that you can successfully nuke all the TE stones with no aggro from the surrounding mobs. Even if the mobs are looking at the stone or even on the stone. You just need to make sure the mobs do not actually see you. The mobs will only link with the stone if you mele the stone. I confirmed this by 2 nukes on the AH stone. I then ran to tunnel heading to the stables. Nothing linked the stone. I ran outta MP so I figured I would just mele it down. As soon as I hit it, 5 orcs came at me like a fat kid on a cupcake. It took me 20 min to get all the clears. It would have been shorter if I didn't die.
Had the automaton do a similar thing ... deployed auto on TE statue, and no links no problem.. was able to do this all while under sneak and invis... since you can deploy and do manuevers while like this also.

i would imagine the same would be for other pet jobs
[+]
By Hulahoop 2011-05-17 11:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1. NM (boss) pop items
Q. Can anyone post a side by side list of the pop items required to pop the mega bosses for Dynamis Jeuno, Bastok, Sandoria, Windurst, Beaucedine, Xarcabard? Positions?
A.
Dyna-San
Dyna-Win
Dyna-Bas: Steelwall Bijou, (?-?)
Dyna-Jeu
Dyna-Bea: Leering Bijou, (?-?)
Dyna-Xar

2. "Retry" time remaining?
Q. How long does it take until you can enter dynamis again?
A. JP midnight

Thanks again ^_____^
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-17 11:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You only have to wait until after JP midnight to enter Dynamis again. Bijous are pops for the Normal Quality bosses of the zone that they drop in and book chapters are for the high quality zone bosses. Items such as "Odious Grenade" are used to pop new higher level NMs that drop new items and pop items for the high quality zone bosses.
 Bahamut.Kimikryo
Server: Bahamut
user: kimikryo
By Bahamut.Kimikryo 2011-05-18 06:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Say is there anywhere a guide to the new Dynamis? There seem to be Triggers for Mobs and NMs so they drop more/better. Some NMs need to be force popped others are lottery pops. How do I spawn Zonebosses. And Lastly, How do I kill them without being gangraped by dozens of normal Mobs? All Areas where I used to fight the Zoneboss are stuffed with respawning mobs now :-/

I skimmed through the ffxiclopedia Dynamis pages but didnt find anything helpfull yet.

And another question, Which is the best nonmage Job to solo Dynamis?
 Cerberus.Keeo
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Keeo 2011-05-18 06:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

somone posted ths the other day on bluegartr for Xarcabard

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/104506-Neo-Dynamis-Changes/page16+
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
Server: Lakshmi
user: Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-05-19 17:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So as a NIN/DNC how would I go about soloing the TEs in Dynamis Bastok? I looked the other day and it looks impossible even for a small group...
 Ragnarok.Babygyrl
Server: Ragnarok
user: babygyrl
By Ragnarok.Babygyrl 2011-05-19 18:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dobbykk said:
So as a NIN/DNC how would I go about soloing the TEs in Dynamis Bastok? I looked the other day and it looks impossible even for a small group...

Actually TEs are not impossible for a small group if you sack pull it.. Me and my husband Trio Dyna for his relic.. and I sack the pain in the *** ones with a ton of mobs around.. i aggro/flee them away my hubby kills the TE then he uses sneak/invs before i die so they dont repop on him its quite simple.
Lakshmi.Dobbykk said:
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-05-19 22:29:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually just found it easier to get the TEs in Beau and kill the Quadav's there instead of doing Bastok. Mobs are spread out a little more too which makes it safer. Beau seems like the best zone to farm anything it seems.
 Bismarck.Persimonious
By Bismarck.Persimonious 2011-05-19 23:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Dobbykk said:
I actually just found it easier to get the TEs in Beau and kill the Quadav's there instead of doing Bastok. Mobs are spread out a little more too which makes it safer. Beau seems like the best zone to farm anything it seems.

Yeah, I've found the same thing with Windy and Glacier. Glacier is much easier to knock out the TEs.
 Lakshmi.Dobbykk
By Lakshmi.Dobbykk 2011-05-19 23:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Persimonious said:
Lakshmi.Dobbykk said:
Yeah, I've found the same thing with Windy and Glacier. Glacier is much easier to knock out the TEs.

As far as Ive seen besides AF and wins the city Dynamis zones don't have much of a purpose anymore seeings how its about 50x more difficult to get most of the time extensions
By Rukeshin 2011-05-23 22:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ty so much for the post Prothescar. BIG help
By Merritt95 2011-06-08 22:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the odious pop items drop from? I know they drop from regular mobs in dyna but is there a grouping or does the odious item that drops just depend on a random chance?

I was also wondering if anyone has noticed any trends in the droprates.I have personally only seen one drop, the odious backscale from the Drk quadav in bastok, but my twilight scythe triggered death on this kill and wondered if these facts were related to the droprate in any way. Do procs effect the droprate?
 Valefor.Caelir
user: Caelir
By Valefor.Caelir 2011-06-09 09:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was looking through the other posts and don't remember coming across this, also got fed up with all the spam you have to read through but anyways.

Can anyone confirm that 100's drop off the lotto spawn NM's in xarc? I think I've killed like 30+ with proc's and with a th6 thief and still no 100. Also, I've been told that the eyes that aren't TE's also drop 100's, can anyone confirm this?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Pewpeww
user: Enygma3
By Valefor.Pewpeww 2011-06-09 10:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

any compiled info on triggering weaknesses?
 Phoenix.Leglevant
Server: Phoenix
user: Legs21
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-06-09 10:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

These are the dynamis maps I use and haven't found better maps as of yet...these are similar to the Xarcabard map posted

http://7th.guildwork.com/p/Dynamis

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Ashido
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2011-06-09 11:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo the TE's on Pld/war >.>
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [74 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-22 10:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bump for quick stupid question.

With these changes, is it possible to do, say, a Beaucedine run, and then say, a Valkurm run? I heard that the old zone timers and the dreamlands timers are not shared. Is this true?
First Page 2