BRD Skillup?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD Skillup?
BRD Skillup?
By WorldshakerGil 2011-05-14 09:23:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So i'm trying to skillup BRD outside of battle and I recieve very few skillups. Like 1skill level an hour..I thought it was cause I was just casting on myself, but then I had a friend afk near me and still I get minimal skillups. Is their something im missing? Or did they make it aboslutely necessary to be exping to get skill off like sleeping? lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-05-14 09:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When I leveled my alt's brd, I popped a t1 or t2 and pin it while spamming threnodies on it.
 Sylph.Allyha
Server: Sylph
user: Allyha
By Sylph.Allyha 2011-05-14 09:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You'll get alot better skillups in battle spamming debbuf spells like threnodys etc. When I skilled bard after noob burning it I got like 20 skill levels every 10-20 minutes. Just gotta find skill level appropriate mobs to cast on
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-05-14 09:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

mh i dont know your level but what i'm doing atm (brd 42) is just singing to the goldfishys in sea <.<
works well for me.. almost every song gives a skillup >:
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2011-05-14 09:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

self targetting yielded VERY low skillup rates for me. Just spam threnody wheel on mob when in a party between normal buffs. Wind caps very fast
 Bahamut.Eythan
Server: Bahamut
user: Eythan
By Bahamut.Eythan 2011-05-14 09:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are a higher level go to Abyssea and cast debuffs on worms. Sub Whm and either cast silence on them so they don't use magic, or just sleep them while they are casting.

I was seeing 15-20 levels on both string and wind in less than an hour.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-05-14 10:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Eythan said:
If you are a higher level go to Abyssea and cast debuffs on worms. Sub Whm and either cast silence on them so they don't use magic, or just sleep them while they are casting.

I was seeing 15-20 levels on both string and wind in less than an hour.
As long as you don't requiem them you should be able to just keep them slept and keep spamming threnody.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-14 10:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use spellcast you can make a really simple script that just cycles songs.

That's what I've been doing to cap string, gone up about 40 levels in the last 5 hours and I've been AFK for that time.

Just do it somewhere secluded and make sure you have chatmon on so you can notice if people /tell you.
 Fenrir.Tessy
Server: Fenrir
user: Tessy
By Fenrir.Tessy 2011-05-17 12:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you hav read my thread about brd skillups yopu can see what order I do on songs. And I suggest you go to sea and find the Goldfishes called Om'hepde something, they wont aggro you aslong you don't cause any dmg to them.

Edit, just noticed I lost all my PM's eveything because I unlinked my Unicorn server due to the world merge.

But here is the songs I do on Goldfishes

Elgey songs x2 > sleep x2 > All threnody songs and I start over again.

Hope it helps!