The Days Of Our PDT Builds Numbered?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of our PDT builds numbered?
The days of our PDT builds numbered?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-13 06:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if I want to have mules too then I guess I'll kill in ~4 min once I start the killing as well since I'll just have the mule army proc everything change to SMN and Thunderstorm it down.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 06:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said:
Well if I want to have mules too then I guess I'll kill in ~4 min once I start the killing as well since I'll just have the mule army proc everything change to SMN and Thunderstorm it down.

And they call me a troll.
[+]
 Phoenix.Knumskull
Server: Phoenix
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2011-05-13 07:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Samosa said:
I get the impression that people think BST can get 100% PDT right off the bat with atmas, when you need at least two 10% PDT axes and the hat with another 10% PDT from MKD. The atma then makes up the other 70%

Also BST can proc, as /WAR I can do 5 red procs and several blue ones, as /NIN I can do 2 red procs, a few blue and ninjitsu for yellow. It just takes some time to level your weapon skills up a bit.

The number of abyssea NM's we can solo is a bit limited, if the NM casts a lot of magic then we can't do it, simple as that. The only +2 item one I have solo'd so far is Crein Croin.

The LS I am in sometimes insists that I come BST, not only to help out with general damage but also as a back up tank if things fall over.

I believe generally if you offered to help a BST with a mob, they would accept, provided they could get the drops they wanted, if you moan that they are taking too long then they will take much longer, which sounds fair to me.

So stop QQing about it, BST has been waiting for something decent like this since the game began, if you think it is unfair, why not level BST and join us?

Or you use bst af3 legs and shepards chain and only use DG and another dt/pdt atma plus RR

AF3 legs make stout servant 8% dt/pdt and shepard chain is 2% p/dt
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-05-13 07:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

And so it ends... Congratulations to all BSTs who wasted alot of time to make 2 x PDT AXE's and get all the other PDT BST Gear...
- Now they won't matter with just DG atma on...

Thread: Details on Next Week’s Version Update

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/7825-Details-on-Next-Week%E2%80%99s-Version-Update

Bottom of the thread:
The following issues will be fixed

# Pet, Wyvern and Automaton may become invincible under certain circumstances.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2011-05-13 07:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

not reading through all of this again but.. cant NIN get 100% pdt also?
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 07:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu said:

Where does this retardedness spawn from? 100% spell interruption rate maybe?
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-13 07:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Warviper said:
And so it ends... Congratulations to all BSTs who wasted alot of time to make 2 x PDT AXE's and get all the other PDT BST Gear...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/7825-Details-on-Next-Week%E2%80%99s-Version-Update

Bottom of the thread:

Let's not act like it wasn't broken or anything...they clearly didn't intend for bst pets to be invincible....

of much more importance:

The key items obtainable from the following notorious monsters will also become available from Sturdy Pyxis.
Tunga/Amun/Gukumatz/Heqet/Lord Varney/Hrosshvalur
[+]
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-05-13 07:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that BSTs weren't already buffed up and capable of great things now. Ducal Guard nerf or not, PUPs couldn't do nearly as much as BSTs could post-update, and SE is still too scared to buff PUPs, to the extent that our glorified new automaton WS are already broken.

When a PUP can solo Khimaira, or a legion of PUPs can kill Tiamat, I'll feel for BST and complain right along beside you that BST is underpowered and it's totally unfair that they have 8 years of bad rep to make up for.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2011-05-13 07:47:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:

Where does this retardedness spawn from? 100% spell interruption rate maybe?

huh..
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-13 08:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No they're capped at 50% like everyone else. Pets can literally sit at 100%.

My comments on the inevitable nerf: I think I'm fine at 50% solo/duoing basically everything I can kill already. I'd just full time Attack/Glyph with MDB swap ins instead of taking. The biggest difference is the fact that I'd be using an actual reward set with Etas instead of intentionally gimpy ones to never cure pets to out of DG.
The only thing I think I might have trouble with is duoing Caturae and Titlacauan and that's because Hadal Summons hits really hard on its own but I think barring b2b Death he'll still be easily managable. If they cap pets at 50% total that's fine but I would like SS isn't isn't calced in that 50%.
 Bismarck.Osaia
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-05-13 08:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Warviper said:

Bottom of the thread:

Let's not act like it wasn't broken or anything...they clearly didn't intend for bst pets to be invincible....

of much more importance:

The key items obtainable from the following notorious monsters will also become available from Sturdy Pyxis.
Tunga/Amun/Gukumatz/Heqet/Lord Varney/Hrosshvalur

Thank god. One 10min spawn nm for a entire server to try and claim was too damn much. :P
[+]
 Valefor.Zolan
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 09:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehhh it was fun while we had it. I can't wait for when all the bst haters realize it was faster for the bst to kill at 100 pdt rather then watch the same bst solo the same monster in more time with the occasional kite/drag to npc/ unable to use a monster with an attack bonus dueto damage type because we call the one for defense bonus to the monsters damage type. Lol at least now I hope hideous gingers get off the bst thread.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Dpdhuntress 2011-05-13 14:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

this doesnt affect a true beast. Coming from old school BST struggling to 35 for leave was pain enough. Its funny reading this stuff from the non beasts or the pro-LOLBST people. So long weve dealt with parties of 6 stealing our camp or killing our charm mobs. Now since bst is TRUELY self-sufficent and pretty much destructive in small groups you see alot of this cry baby "Bst takes to long to solo this" BUT we can. Even PUP can pretty much lay waste to the old LOLpup. It just sad.
[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
Server: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-05-13 15:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Forgotten said:
Its 5am and I feel the need to b**** about something to get it off my mind before I sleep. Maybe I'm just being tarded because I *just* got my beastmaster fully capped (all my merits done, decent gear, partial pdt set) and worked my rear off gearing it and its nearing my goal of -90% pet pdt after atma. If I am I'm sure I'll read about it when I get up.

I knew it was only a matter of time before some twit decided to cry on the official forums and draw attention to the possibility of attaining 100% physical damage reduction. While I could maybe agree that 100% removal of a damage type may be a problem to the developers, the whining tone of it really reeks and its not going to kill a player to wait/pick another target/farm some TE. The world is NOT ending just because somebody is solo'ing something you wanted.

The entire reason they are griping is the bst they saw solo'ing took to long...

Abyssea allows a lot of things not normally possible mainly because of atma and temp items. I don't see threads demanding primeval brew's removal. I don't see anyone complaining about how the right atma and gear combination can effectively give mages infinite mp. But a pet job solo'ing something they can't is this huge a problem. This crap happens anytime any job is able to do something cool. Nerf scissors, buff paper! no buff paper, nerf rock! No wait rock is overpowered! Nerf it and buff scissors!

You know if SE nerfs it they aren't going to just nerf it down to something like 75% either, they'll totally make the effort we put into collecting gear to get closer to 100 into a total waste because ducal guard atma alone will be at the cap if this moron gets their way. If that happens I'm really gonna want some hours of my life back. Recent hours >.<

Really, did you expect to have something that gamebreaking kept in the game? I mean, honestly, did you? Whether or not people complained because the bsts in question were taking too long or not. What a steaming pile of silliness.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 21:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

hahahahahahhahahhaha
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-13 21:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone complains that BSTs were wasting your time...

They have the right to kill things, and if their only means to is through PDT then so be it. If you want them to be faster, you could offer to help them kill it, or stop your bitching.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-13 21:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Except they wouldn't team up? "only means"? How about stop failing and get the right setup?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2011-05-13 22:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not getting a "perfect set up" isn't failing. Continually crying about BST's on a forum is fail.
[+]
By Ahran 2011-05-14 00:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
All you haters sound like a bunch of whiny ***'s ,i dont evan have BST opened and could care less if they have almost 100% pdt. Good for them, for real...its bad enough they get shunned out of parties and events. If you dont like a bst/smn/dnc taking forever to solo a NM....then idk, maybe get to it first or go do something else. Everytime i get on ffxiah, i see all the idiots on here crying about BST, get over it. Some people play FF to have fun...not to submit to the mass's and level a job they dont like to be more efficiant at something, if thats what YOU want to do, thats fine. Let the BST's do their thing,thats why they lvld the job. You haters are pathetic lol.

You couldn't be more right.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-14 00:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[
Quote:
All you haters sound like a bunch of whiny ***'s ,i dont evan have BST opened and could care less if they have almost 100% pdt. Good for them, for real...its bad enough they get shunned out of parties and events. If you dont like a bst/smn/dnc taking forever to solo a NM....then idk, maybe get to it first or go do something else. Everytime i get on ffxiah, i see all the idiots on here crying about BST, get over it. Some people play FF to have fun...not to submit to the mass's and level a job they dont like to be more efficiant at something, if thats what YOU want to do, thats fine. Let the BST's do their thing,thats why they lvld the job. You haters are pathetic lol.

HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***like this is why they are adding more ???s. Because people are too fail to kill it quick and refuse to accept help. I see it more with JP players but there's no reason to tie up an NM for an hour in prime time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-14 01:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Quote:
HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ***like this is why they are adding more ???s. Because people are too fail to kill it quick and refuse to accept help. I see it more with JP players but there's no reason to tie up an NM for an hour in prime time.
But that's players being ***. Not bst being bst.

I've seen entire allainces time out trying to kill lol melo melo not accept help. In fact they decided to fight it right next to us to try and lag us out fighting Amphitrite. Maybe we should make some kind of update to *** regular people taking too long too?

*** if I was soloing on bst I'd accept help right away. More chance for procs and faster kill yes please. And sure they could *** things up... but my pet has -100% dt so even if they do wipe I'm still good and they still should've done at least some more dmg... unless its a mob that heals then depending on the group I might be like no thanks
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-14 01:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quote:

I've seen entire allainces time out trying to kill lol melo melo not accept help. In fact they decided to fight it right next to us to try and lag us out fighting Amphitrite. Maybe we should make some kind of update to *** regular people taking too long too?

*** if I was soloing on bst I'd accept help right away. More chance for procs and faster kill yes please. And sure they could *** things up... but my pet has -100% dt so even if they do wipe I'm still good and they still should've done at least some more dmg... unless its a mob that heals then depending on the group I might be like no thanks

I would be perfectly fine with that. Anything beyond 15min and it rages, instantly using a 10k AoE and sending you to Mordion Gaol(sp)
 Ramuh.Kyawind
Server: Ramuh
user: kyahaha
By Ramuh.Kyawind 2011-05-15 18:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Zolan said:
bst solo ulhuadshi in 1 hour + or whm and mnk kill in 7 minutes. Yeah I don't know why people complain about you beasts wasting everyone's time. We are a bunch of inconsiderate twits complaining about you soloing wanted things.

Your an idiot and an ***... There was a time if you saw a rdm soloing in sky or sea you would hit the wall to prevent abarrier and although waiting for him to die still give a grats when he won... More people like you who can now low man nm in one zone and one zone only think you have rights to a nm because your faster... God I hope you quit when the game moves outside abyssea.

lol. The argument isn't about if I think I have rights to an NM because i'm faster. It is: Should beastmaster be allowed to get 90-100% damage reduction for their pet.

This allows them to slowly slowly slowly whittle an NM down while everyone waits. With this new content there is such a thing called congestion. Having a bunch of beasts with a broken dmg reduction pet trying to kill them can be a problem. Do I think SE intended for bsts to get 90-100% dmg reduction for pets? Idk, probably not. Do I think it should be nerfed? Probably. Your lolbst can only solo these strong NMs in one zone and one zone only...so I don't know what you are talking about. I love how everyone keeps saying "I can't wait til abyssea is over, then all you low man people will suck."

Where does this logic come from? Sure, some people who rely on atmas will suck when moved outside. Am I one of them? No lol. I was a top tier player before abyssea came out, and i'll be one when its over. You act like this game is hard. Pay attention instead of watching american gaydol or whatever it is the people who suck balls watch.

go back to the days in sky when u try go claim despot and uli then talk u ***~ oh hey try sky on despot when this rdm just takes for fooken ever to solo that ***down when competition was dam high repops was 2hrs~
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-05-15 19:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Quote:

This, so *** much.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-05-15 19:40:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, the whole "OUR PDT BUILD DAYS ARE NUMBERED?????????" ***cracks me up.
srsly, I didn't even know pets could become physically invincible.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-15 20:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
You know, the whole "OUR PDT BUILD DAYS ARE NUMBERED?????????" ***cracks me up. srsly, I didn't even know pets could become physically invincible.
Actually can become magically invincible too... however that requires using all 3 atmas for -DT and keeping your pet between 25-50% hp (ie make sure to not use +reward stuff lol) well it's actually more like between 33-66% or so since zeniths +hp does weird things to when it procs that make aboslutely no sense at all to me. All while your pet has a 30/tic dot on it... oh and now you do too since they fixed winged gloom. Was nice being able to counter that on yourself with cruor buffs :(. And of course it procs in a manner that makes more sense... ie it stops at 25% of your base hp... which for me ends up being like 10-15% of mine after cruor buffs and zenith lol
 Siren.Quagmire
Server: Siren
user: Quagmire
By Siren.Quagmire 2011-05-16 03:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So, because bst was one of my main for 7+ years and I can only play the few hours I have on work/days off. I should care about people who can a) go do another NM b)Have LS's (not saying I don't, but I play at random hours) c) shout for hours on end and risk/compete with the seals I desire?
Instead of crying try offering help and the drops to get me out of that camp.
Take care now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Arsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Arsi
By Fenrir.Arsi 2011-05-16 22:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said:

{True Strike}

I occasionally use dagger and scythe on my bst for fun
problem? lol

plus, 50% pdt cap is not gonna stop bst from soloing stuff
they might even end up solo faster because pdt atams will be replaced with dd atams, and spending more gil on pet food that's pretty much all

btw, I really hope that lv91-99 will be not nothing abyssea related. Coz I miss the old day charming-innocent-mobs-throwing-them-at-NM way of fun. =P

Cheers
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9