By Bismarck.Markas 2012-03-10 08:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-03-10 08:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they are generally 6-10k per surgery. That is not counting the couple of medications you have to be on monthly for the rest of your life. Still though I would like to think if I ever found myself in that situation I would borrow it from a friend/family member. Get a personal loan. Or try to start some sort of fundraising drive via social media (which is prolly what that dude in the video is hoping for, or a generous single donor).

Whatever it took really just so long as I got it done.
By Zetta 2012-03-10 08:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ramuh.Kailana
Server: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2012-03-10 09:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fistandantilus said: »
Ramuh.Kailana said: »
D: I used to play M:tG at a local card shop till I got tired of being oggled by pimplytypes, and being lectured at for not knowing each card name and function like an encyclopedia in my brain. I know how insane some can get about this game. That being said I would LOVE to see Sagi flip their table mid game, just to see how the reaction would go down. XD

I played Magic when it was the 1st edition, and "legends". This was a million years ago prolly like 91' or 92' ish. Might have played a bit into the 2nd or third (I forget how they decided to quantify it? editions or w/e terminology). It started to get kinda silly though after it was over a zillion different cards.

I played off and on from the beginning till a few years ago. Think the set block at the time was called Ravnica, was a plane of existance which was a giant city, and the people divided into 10 guilds (each guild represented a two-color combination, i liked the green/white and green/red guilds because I love big stompy undercosted critters).

I still have a ton of my old cards, a beta lightning bolt, a juzam djinn, time vault, moat, island of wak-wak, a bunch of black bordered legends cards...I was never lucky enough to get a beta mox/lotus when I started playing though. Shame, cuz all my cards are mint and damn if I wouldn't like a card worth a couple grand. XD
 Asura.Lilbuttons
Server: Asura
user: Rathz
By Asura.Lilbuttons 2012-03-10 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-03-10 12:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

For some people, they can't really control their weight and its a medical condition. Also, its sadly cheaper to not right healthy then it is to eat right.

But really, its pretty sad for that whatever reason, you have to judge them and say "they need a surgery" just because they don't fit what you think society has told you they should look like. Surgery is pretty serious, and if its not life threatening, I can see why people wouldn't want to do it.

[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
Server: Bismarck
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-03-10 13:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
For some people, they can't really control their weight and its a medical condition. Also, its sadly cheaper to not right healthy then it is to eat right.

But really, its pretty sad for that whatever reason, you have to judge them and say "they need a surgery" just because they don't fit what you think society has told you they should look like. Surgery is pretty serious, and if its not life threatening, I can see why people wouldn't want to do it.

yeah but imagine if we take all of these people, give them extensive lipo...can use the fat melted down as new oil!

but on a serious note, i helped to take care of a morbidly obese gentleman for a few years. i can tell you first hand he didnt eat all that much, maybe the usual 2k a day, but he never was able to lose an inch and he did try. there are some of us that just arent capable of it.
 Sylph.Maruraba
Server: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2012-03-10 15:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys like Pokemon, right?
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-03-10 16:04:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Markas said: »

yeah but imagine if we take all of these people, give them extensive lipo...can use the fat melted down as new oil!

but on a serious note, i helped to take care of a morbidly obese gentleman for a few years. i can tell you first hand he didnt eat all that much, maybe the usual 2k a day, but he never was able to lose an inch and he did try. there are some of us that just arent capable of it.

but was his meals cut to 1-2 a day? every doctor on every morbidly obese documentary ive seen has said that that is the worst thing to do to lose weight.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-03-10 16:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Kailana said: »
D:

I used to play M:tG at a local card shop till I got tired of being oggled by pimplytypes, and being lectured at for not knowing each card name and function like an encyclopedia in my brain. I know how insane some can get about this game.

That being said I would LOVE to see Sagi flip their table mid game, just to see how the reaction would go down. XD

I stopped going to local tournaments because the last time I went to one, the dude I played in the final game had a mental breakdown in front of me after I beat him 2-0. Like, full blown throwing his cards all over the room, jumping up and down screaming, and storming out of the place. I was like, 16 at the time and just said I can't deal with that ***anymore.

Pretty funny thinking back on it, but holy *** was that awkward. The only thing I won was 2 packs of cards and a soda ffs >_>
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-03-10 17:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said: »
Bismarck.Markas said: »

but was his meals cut to 1-2 a day? every doctor on every morbidly obese documentary ive seen has said that that is the worst thing to do to lose weight.

Could he have been diabetic as well? That is also a factor. it makes it really tough if not almost impossible to lose weight at times.
 Asura.Luelle
Server: Asura
user: Luelle
By Asura.Luelle 2012-03-10 17:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Please... please don't judge me...

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-03-10 18:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Darkzeru
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkzeru
By Phoenix.Darkzeru 2012-03-10 18:56:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite the end the funniest part to me was the skittle part....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2012-03-10 19:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »

blasphemy that deserves pillaging and death
[+]