The Strongest AOE Ready Jug Pet Move?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The Strongest AOE Ready Jug Pet Move?
The Strongest AOE Ready Jug Pet Move?
 Hades.Warviper
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Warviper
By Hades.Warviper 2011-05-01 03:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Guys.

Has anyone testet as far as to do more like?

I mean, whats the strongest jug pet ready ability we have availible if it MUST be AOE (not single or fan-shaped)?

And if you have the informationa availible: Are there any ATMA that make the move stronger?

Regards
M
 Asura.Krebons
Server: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2011-05-01 04:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cursed Sphere???

I don't think there is a bunch to choose from to be honest... :\
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-01 04:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with the above poster. However, you could always try Charged Whisker and set Blinding Horn/Lion/Ultimate and see what you get.
 Ifrit.Kishar
Server: Ifrit
user: Kishar
By Ifrit.Kishar 2011-05-01 05:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Charged whisker is fairly mediocre, I've seen reports of 600~700 damage with atma, and it generally does 250~300 without.

The strongest AoE is probably Whirl Claws, I've used it for Magian trials before and it was reliably doing 1.2~1.8k on EP mobs. Not sure which atma you'd want to get the most out of it in Abyssea though. Attack+ might be the best bet (unless it can crit?)
 Ramuh.Botsan
Server: Ramuh
user: Botsan
By Ramuh.Botsan 2011-05-01 06:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If Charged Whisker was ever as strong as Blue Mage's what fun you could have with a beast burn party lol.
 Siren.Piccollo
Server: Siren
By Siren.Piccollo 2011-05-01 06:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm aoe my pets rarely hit over 500 with any tp moves (bear in mind i did only just 90 my bst though so i dont have any reall bst gear sets#)
 Cerberus.Neosephiroth
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Neosephiroth 2011-05-01 08:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

These posters are all correct. In fact, in line with Stefanos, I've used 2/3 of the atmas he listed as I don't have the third and hit about 400 per Charged Whisker in Kon against Tonberries. Now, with that 3rd atma, and the AF3+1/+2 gloves, you could push it a bit higher :). But even if you go the Whirl Claws route, make sure to grab those gloves as soon as possible they're absolutely fantastic. I hope that helps you!