HQ Synergy?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » HQ Synergy?
HQ Synergy?
 Lakshmi.Bladewing
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: bladewing
By Lakshmi.Bladewing 2011-04-29 12:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Got synergy to 71 but and have luck w/ a few items HQing (bullets) but not sure how... is there a way to see exactly when something is going to HQ or not? figured it is much like regular crafts where it is luck of the draw.
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxz
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: cloudxz
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxz 2011-04-29 12:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I've seen from doing Synergy is that you want to align all the needed elemental values to the correct state as close as possible to get a better chance to HQ.

Basically, you need to have them aligned perfectly for an increased chance to HQ. There is one exception though, you can have one element off by 1 and still have a "perfectly formed" Synergy.

From what I've seen, this increases your chances to HQ by a good amount. To view this you click "View furnace readings" and if it says "The synergy image has been perfectly formed" then you should end it right away!

Here's an example of what it looks like:

[+]
 Lakshmi.Bladewing
Server: Lakshmi
user: bladewing
By Lakshmi.Bladewing 2011-04-29 13:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect.. ty
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Diabolos.Vanian
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Vanian 2011-05-30 04:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of HQ rates are people getting?
I've only ever made 2 alcide's harness +1's in about 20 attempts, 1 a fluke when I was level 50ish and one when I perfectly alined everything, since then every attempt I've made has been perfectly formed and no HQ
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-05-30 05:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Bladewing said:
Got synergy to 71 but and have luck w/ a few items HQing (bullets) but not sure how... is there a way to see exactly when something is going to HQ or not? figured it is much like regular crafts where it is luck of the draw.

You don't need perfect balance for an item to HQ but you definately need most of the target values to be withing 1~2 points (higher or lower, doesnt matter). When an item has a chance to HQ, the furnace will start sparkling when you get "The image has accurately taken form" or "The image has perfectly formed." In my experience perfect balance has always yielded the best HQ results but the actual HQ rate itself seems to depend on your rank vs the rank of the item in question. For instance, I HQ Fyglja torque +1 (Synergy rank Journeyman) about 50% of the time, if not more whenever I get Perfect Balance on it. I HQ Beir belt (Synergy rank Artisan) maybe 10% of the time, if not less.
By Shadowkat 2011-06-04 00:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is very helpful. I was wondering, the values that have a target of zero, does it not matter what you have them at for HQ? Because that is useful to know to stop leaks without having to worry about it damaging my chance at HQ. Plus, does the hp of the furnace matter for HQ?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-04 09:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadowkat said:
I was wondering, the values that have a target of zero, does it not matter what you have them at for HQ? Because that is useful to know to stop leaks without having to worry about it damaging my chance at HQ.

In my own experience, only the targets have seemed to matter. I've ended recipes with 40+ or more in elements not part of the targets in order to stop leaks. I still seemed to keep my HQ rate on items in question.

Shadowkat said:
Plus, does the hp of the furnace matter for HQ?

I've heard that it does, but I have never seen any solid proof that it affects HQ rate.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Gollum
Server: Odin
user: Priscilia
By Odin.Gollum 2011-07-10 13:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry about necro bump. I got a question about the HQing and thought might fit best in here.

So is the HQ only affected by the lvl difference in Synergy or also by the normal craft skill lvl? Meaning: lets say I have a recipe that is 50ish Synergy and I'm at 80. And it also requires 92 Woodworking which is at 100. Do I need to put on my Woodworking Skill gear to hit the 103 to break the tier for a better HQ chance or is it only affected by the 30 lvl difference between the recipe and my Synergy skill?