Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Oirandori
Oirandori
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

2 brews 2 without <no brew were fails> and 1/4 trying to get this, I just obtained Oirandori a few nights ago the Proc rate on Additional effect:
Lowers enemy critical hit evasion is really nice so is animation and you Crit every hit not only you but your party members will also Crit hit! Ninja Tool Expertise-(NTE) is an added bonus and it proc'ed often for me also, after 3 hours of farming webs and killing Athamas to keep lights caped for TE's I only used 13(Shihei)Tools my "NTE" is fully merited it could have been luck but I was sure keeping track! All in All this will be my new Off Hand it WINS for me hands down the day before we killed Hadhayosh and the party was Criting also. Note: I have Hochomasamune, Kamome, Kogara and Twilight Knife. I am still doing homework on this Katana I don't understand why Dex is on this katana but from most weapons that stat bonus usually is the modifier right...? I don't know %'age on any of stats on katana but they seem high Thoughts from my fellow "iNiN's"!!PRZ POST
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-04-29 11:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kamome is better in Abyssea.
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
Server: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 11:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

We just went 1/1 on this NM the other night was like a 30min fight. We were blm/whm/thf/nin/dnc/mnk and some other randoms from the ls I can't remember since this main group of 5 was the ones doing the fight. We got the blue !! and red !! and proceeded to fight, this guy has mad defense.

To get to the OP quesion, if you are not using Kaanagi, Oirandori makes a great main weapon and offhand Kamome. If you have the Empyrean weapon Kamome is still better offhand in most situations with a PT.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-29 11:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats awesome man. Don't listen to all the bandwagon peeps. If that katana suits your play style then go with it. I would have to agree with you that if the proc rate on lowering critical hit evasion puts out more damage overall then that sounds like the winner to me. I would have to say the more people on a mob taking advantage of the reduced critical hit evasion the better it is.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
And why do you think Kamome is better? I honestly think party's plus a solo NIN will benefit more from Oirandori...
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-04-29 11:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
BorealisV2 said:
And why do you think Kamome is better? I honestly think party's plus a solo NIN will benefit more from Oirandori...

The crit damage+ on Kamome beats out all other offhands considering the amount you crit. It's just simple math, bro.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Thats awesome man. Don't listen to all the bandwagon peeps. If that katana suits your play style then go with it. I would have to agree with you that if the proc rate on lowering critical hit evasion puts out more damage overall then that sounds like the winner to me. I would have to say the more people on a mob taking advantage of the reduced critical hit evasion the better it is.
Not only do party members benefit but if you are a serious NIN and buy all universal tools to debuf NMs and Mobs you can save a fortune in the long run^^ thx for posting and I will not remove this from off hand for a long time or til next update LoL
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-29 11:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Will pay anything for this on Bahamut server! 0/8 with full TH and blue proc.
By BorealisV2 2011-04-29 11:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Ignore math, become an awesome NIN.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:

The crit damage+ on Kamome beats out all other offhands considering the amount you crit. It's just simple math, bro.
Thats a Negative, besides the stats on Oirandori why would SE give you a battle trophy 2 and make this NM spawn as a T3 Gobbie and make him "90%" as he gets closer to death Kamome is just so easy to get ad I disagree with your post...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-29 11:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oirandori vs Kamome depends entirely on the Add Effect from the Oirandori: how strong is it and how often does it proc?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-29 11:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

itt: i disagree with math
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-04-29 11:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:

Thats a Negative, besides the stats on Oirandori why would SE give you a battle trophy 2 and make this NM spawn as a T3 Gobbie and make him "90%" as he gets closer to death Kamome is just so easy to get ad I disagree with your post...

So it's harder to get, therefore it's better?

No comment.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
ITT: Ignore math, become an awesome NIN.
I never ignore MATH lol my math teacher (father) always told me "math is money and so is time it all involves numbers son" "you become a awesome Nin" LOL no offense buddy
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 11:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you not doing well enough with atmas and gear that your Crit rate sucks on NIN??? no point for this katana since you have empy katana, you want to boost your Crit hit DMG WS and inside abyssea this katana will not help you much.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Oirandori vs Kamome depends entirely on the Add Effect from the Oirandori: how strong is it and how often does it proc?
It proc'ed once at least amd that's all we needed- mob was dead after that lol seemed to help my Blade Hi output as well and aftermath was awsomeness!
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
Are you not doing well enough with atmas and gear that your Crit rate sucks on NIN??? no point for this katana since you have empy katana, you want to boost your Crit hit DMG WS and inside abyssea this katana will not help you much.
GH RR APOC. Will usually Cap your crits right? Lol
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-29 11:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

you should use kogara, because it's level 90 and oirandori is only level 89. therefore, it is clearly better.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
And lower enemies Crit Eva let me And my friend Crit every hit after Proc
 Ragnarok.Raizell
Server: Ragnarok
user: Exoda
By Ragnarok.Raizell 2011-04-29 11:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i might be the only poor NIN here so i have to mention this, Yonin + Oirandori = almost 100% proc Ninja tool Expertise, i spammed Migawari fighting glavoid, checked inventory when done, used 7 shihei and 1 Shikanofuda, that was first time i noticed it, went to test it outside abyssea skilling ninjutsu, had 30 tsurara, casted 70 hyotons and had 7 tsurara left
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 11:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:

It should be damn close...it maybe great for your friends...but for you I would look into the parse and see the numbers, I can assure you that your Crit damage will do better being that the kamome adds +10%.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
you should use kogara, because it's level 90 and oirandori is only level 89. therefore, it is clearly better.
Lol Your Joking I hope^^

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Tajot
user: Tajot
By Bahamut.Tajot 2011-04-29 11:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but I don't think this katana's proc rate is so amazing you proc and it instantly dies. A good NIN can 1 shot a normal mob in the first place. And from my experience from playing with this Katana the effect only lasts 20-30. All it does is increase your crit rate. How is that going to help you THAT much if you already have a 70-80% crit rate?

Not sure where you're pulling this *** harder the NM better the item lol. Orthrus gives you a T2, but you can duo it. Justify that.
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 11:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
And lower enemies Crit Eva let me And my friend Crit every hit after Proc

Idk about you, but I damn near crit every hit on nin/war/mnk/thf w/o some katana proc. Like I said previously, your damage will be greater offhanding Kamome since it adds +10% to your crit. hit dmg which effects your melee hits as well as your WS. The only great thing for inside abyssea is the NTE and helping your friends if they suck for not using good atmas to come close to capping Crit hit hate.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
Caitsith.Crunkie said:

It should be damn close...it maybe great for your friends...but for you I would look into the parse and see the numbers, I can assure you that your Crit damage will do better being that the kamome adds +10%.
As I said before a party will benefit more from lowering Crit Eva and a solo NIN will benefit from tool expertise/Crit Eva down
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 11:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:
Caitsith.Crunkie said:

As I said before a party will benefit more from lowering Crit Eva and a solo NIN will benefit from tool expertise/Crit Eva down

Think what you wanna think, you ask for opinions from others and you got mine. You will not benefit from Crit Eva down cuz you should be damn near capped in abyssea, NTE for solo I guess if you are a broke *** and can't afford tools otherwise. Good luck failing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tajot said:
I'm sorry but I don't think this katana's proc rate is so amazing you proc and it instantly dies. A good NIN can 1 shot a normal mob in the first place. And from my experience from playing with this Katana the effect only lasts 20-30. All it does is increase your crit rate. How is that going to help you THAT much if you already have a 70-80% crit rate?

Not sure where you're pulling this *** harder the NM better the item lol. Orthrus gives you a T2, but you can duo it. Justify that.
Perugia is a 1 Ki spawn where as " Fleshflayer- It's a timed spawn of 15-20minutes once your server gets Bomblix Flamefinger(tier 2 goblin) to 100%. If your server doesn't even have Bomblix up, you'll need to get the tier 1 goblin, Burstrox Powderplate to 100% first." on quote
First Page 2 3 4 5