New Macro Thingy For Mages And Melees Alike!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » New Macro Thingy for mages and melees alike!
New Macro Thingy for mages and melees alike!

| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Aerithmay
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Aerithmay
By Cerberus.Aerithmay 2009-03-23 19:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's concievable, but ultimately, more work on the part of the programmers then it's worth. Since they put in the additional 19 books of macros, complete with text commands allowing you to select books and sets, macros have almost become an art form; allowing *most* players (since *most* players don't have every job lvled to 75...) to have a full book of macros dedicated to their chosen jobs and even chosen job/sub combonations.

As a 67 rdm, I have a 2 books dedicated to rdm/blm and rdm/whm, and every spell I use even somewhat often is macroed in somewhere.

There is sort of a way to set up your own version of what your looking for. Say your Bard book is set to Book 1, and your "Main" line, or the line you spend most of your time on is set 3, you could add a macro into line 3 that reads like this:

Threnody
/macro book 1
/macro set 7

and then on set 7, far away from any other macros you might normally use, you can then macro in your individual Threnody songs, complete with commands that send you back to your "main" line, or you can add a "Back" button on the set.

Ice
/ma "Ice Threnody" <t>
/macro book 1
/macro set 3

Back
/macro book 1
/macro set 3

If I understand you correctly, this is essentially what your looking for, a single macro that brings up a list of options that are appropriate to the task. It just so happens that the list of options in this case is another set of macros, but it works exactly the same.

This system is actually how I have my summoner set up, with Avatars given their own lines, and a subjob each given it's own line. It works out fairly well, once you get used to it. Hope that helps out man.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-23 19:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

the problem i have with marco's, Being RDM75, is having alot of gear swaps, staves rings armour the lot, 6 slots for macro's is not enough at times.

egif yout on a healling gear set and you want to enfeeb something:-

Wind Staff
Warlock Tabard
Nasira Seraweels
Deulist Chapeau
Spider Torque
Gravity

now this is not my gear set up and i dont have a couple of those items, just an example, there is no more space for like back waist ear or any rings.

i think a revision of the macro system would be great, like having a little more depth into it, being abple to specify mace sets so that when you cast a spell your gear will change to the base set and any additionals through macro's, i know that windower has a plugin to do this, however, i play on xbox and not the PC so i cannot use windower.

ya probably tell me to get the PC version or something. i have tried using more than one set and have enfeebling magic spells all there etc but to be honest, it slows down access to certain spells in emergency times, like if your enfeebling something and somone takes a heally hard hit and has 42hp, you gotta select you macro to go back then select your healing spells then Cure IV.

i donno if you can see how frustrating this can be at times.
 Bahamut.Ashua
Server: Bahamut
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2009-03-23 20:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it's *** they dont make it so console gamers can use it. I get frustrated with 6 slots too.
 Hades.Ganesha
Server: Hades
user: Niopha
By Hades.Ganesha 2009-03-23 20:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank God for Windower macros. <3
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-23 20:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

i did make an edit to my post lmao

Darkvision said:
the problem i have with marco's, Being RDM75, is having alot of gear swaps, staves rings armour the lot, 6 slots for macro's is not enough at times.

egif yout on a healling gear set and you want to enfeeb something:-

Wind Staff
Warlock Tabard
Nasira Seraweels
Deulist Chapeau
Spider Torque
Gravity

now this is not my gear set up and i dont have a couple of those items, just an example, there is no more space for like back waist ear or any rings.

i think a revision of the macro system would be great, like having a little more depth into it, being abple to specify mace sets so that when you cast a spell your gear will change to the base set and any additionals through macro's, i know that windower has a plugin to do this, however, i play on xbox and not the PC so i cannot use windower.

ya probably tell me to get the PC version or something. i have tried using more than one set and have enfeebling magic spells all there etc but to be honest, it slows down access to certain spells in emergency times, like if your enfeebling something and somone takes a heally hard hit and has 42hp, you gotta select you macro to go back then select your healing spells then Cure IV.

i donno if you can see how frustrating this can be at times.

RDM has got to be one of the jobs thats is a pain in the *** to macro for
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-03-23 20:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I do just fine on pc or 360 with just the macros I have as red mage... I have had times where I need 3 macros just to set gear for one spell, but it works fine with the book and set changes. It just takes good planning, and sometimes a ridiculous amount of time to type it all. Don't need windower, don't need more lines per macro... Maybe 1 or 2 more sets in each book, so you can have a dedicated gear set.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-23 21:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: for some reason I tailored this post for rdm macros, even though my rdm is level 1, but you can cater it for any job

Ignoring gear swaps for the moment, if you have less than 20 actions you need to perform there's a fairly simple solution based on what Aerithmay said.

For all your 20 macros, you have them in book 1, and your macro for CTRL+1 could read as follows:

/equip head hat
/equip body coat
/equip hands gloves
/equip legs trousers
/equip feet shoes
/equip main staff
/macro set 2

This will take you to set 2 of the same book, where the macro on CTRL+1 would read:
/equip ear1 earring
/equip ear2 earring
/equip ring1 ring
/equip ring2 ring
/equip waist belt
/equip back cape
/macro set 3

This takes you to set 3 of the same book, and CTRL+1 would read
/equip sub grip
/ma paralyze <t>
/macro set 1

So if you need to para a mob, you hit the same macro 3 times as quick as you can to change all your gear, para the mob and then get back to your standard set. If you are using longer casting spells, you can set it up so the spell starts casting when you hit the macro the first time, then you gear swap the rest of your gear on the next two presses (put any fast cast gear in the first set).

The downside to this is if you think you hit a macro but it doesn't go off, putting you on the wrong set, and the fact that you can't have <st> macros in the first set. The upside is that it's pretty straight forward.

Another way you could set it up, would be to divide it up into different gear builds. So CTRL+1 will equip some enfeebling gear and take you to set 2, CTRL+1 there will equip some more and take you to set 3, and on set 3 you'll have all the enfeebling spells on different macros, with room to switch in the last couple of pieces if needed. CTRL+1 on this set could be nothing but /echo enfeebling set, so you know you're already there. You could use set 1 as a central hub, or you could just use it as one of your gear sets. So CTRL+2 on your enfeebling set (set 3) equips some elemental gear, takes you back to set 2, CTRL+2 there equips some more elemental and takes you back to set 1, and CTRL+2 there just has your first 6 gear swaps and /echo elemental to let you know you're on that set and ready to go. Then all the other macros would be your elemental based spells.

Setting it up like this means that no matter what set you are on, you will have 3 macros (one for each gear build, so if you have more gear builds, you'll have more macros here) that change all your gear and take you to the spells for that gear set, and then you'll have up to about 15 different macros for different spells within that set. Keep in mind that you'll want to have cure III on every macro set, not just on your curing set, and may also want sleep/bind/grav on every macro set if you often need them unexpectedly fast.

For a little more detail, and probably explained a lot better (with pictures!), on how to set-up multi set macros, have a look at Erecia's SMN Macro guide.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-03-23 21:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Blazza, I've seen this before elsewhere--probably some BLM thread. I was about to search for it, but you posted it so very nicely here^^ woo!
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-23 21:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

scrabble?
 Seraph.Darkvision
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-23 21:57:22
Link | Quote | Reply

i have something similar on my SMN where i have a set for each SMN CTRL for BP Rage and alt for BP Ward, but SMN is easy for macro's and with all my gear its just staves and grips that i mainly change. not like RDM where you sometimes change 12/14 slots at a time for 1 spell lmao.

i am always changing my macro's around alot trying to find the most efficiant way of doing it.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-03-23 22:58:56
Link | Quote | Reply

In my opinion, scholar is one of the most painful jobs to macro, since you have to make a Set for each art, a set for each Addenda and a set for each AoE Stratagem. Also in each of my set I add Cure macros (for emergency purposes) and 2 Macros for 6 equip change to heal and to resume. Also when changing arts theres equipment change and such. But once your done typing, you get use to it just fine.