Taking Offers/Negotiable Bazaar/Wanted Listings

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Taking offers/Negotiable Bazaar/Wanted listings
Taking offers/Negotiable Bazaar/Wanted listings
 Alexander.Tenshii
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Haruneru
By Alexander.Tenshii 2009-03-24 00:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed, as well as adding a % to the max/min of the price of the item to stop any joke bazaars.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-24 03:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Tenshii said:
Agreed, as well as adding a % to the max/min of the price of the item to stop any joke bazaars.

^[fact]
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-24 07:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

you want to run an auction house from your bazaar? thats how it seams to me. if your not sure on an item's worth then have a look around, somone has to have the same item up for sale. you state how much you would like for it, if people think its to high then they wont buy it or, the may send a /tell asking to lower the price.

if i see something in somone's bazaar thats WAY over priced then i might sent a /tell to the person, only if i want the item myself, BUT ask in yout LS how much is the going rate of the item first, they may or may not know
 Garuda.Wooooodum
Server: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-24 07:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

When I see somebody bazaaring / wanting something for 1 gil, I assume it means they're saying "I'd like to sell / buy this item at a negotiable price". You can also put 0 as your price as well; this would have the same effect I imagine.

Temporary fix whilst Scragg and Jaerik decide if they want to add this or not; permanent fix if they decide they don't. :)
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-24 09:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you wanted something and they say the price is adjustable from 100k~150k would you pay more then 100k?
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-03-24 09:27:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Brahmdut said:
well if you wanted something and they say the price is adjustable from 100k~150k would you pay more then 100k?

This.

No point in really doing ranges, you offer something between 100-150k, I can guarantee you the buyer is gonna want to pay 100k or less.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-24 09:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Brahmdut said:

This.

No point in really doing ranges, you offer something between 100-150k, I can guarantee you the buyer is gonna want to pay 100k or less.

This is the same thing I find amusing in whitegate shouts on Garuda. People will shout to sell an item and put the auto-translate {Lower the price?}OK after it. If you are saying you are willing to go lower than the price you are shouting, why not just shout the lower price and have your item move faster.

...where did that what really grinds my gears thread go? =P
 Ramuh.Brahmdut
Server: Ramuh
user: brahmdut
By Ramuh.Brahmdut 2009-03-24 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Luignata said:
Brahmdut said:

This.

I think we are on the same side and you just reworded what I said
 Seraph.Darkvision
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-24 11:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
Luignata said:
Brahmdut said:

This.

This is the same thing I find amusing in whitegate shouts on Garuda. People will shout to sell an item and put the auto-translate {Lower the price?}OK after it. If you are saying you are willing to go lower than the price you are shouting, why not just shout the lower price and have your item move faster.

...where did that what really grinds my gears thread go? =P

What really grinds my gears thread :P
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-03-24 15:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hypnotizd said:
If you are saying you are willing to go lower than the price you are shouting, why not just shout the lower price and have your item move faster.

Let's say i have this shiny K.Club. I *want* 32M from it. I decide to shout at 40M with a "{Lower the price ?} OK". Then can talk to the buyer, negotiate, and might get 35M from it.

I agree with the point that xxx-yyy range are stupid, but lower the price is perfectly normal :d