Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Blm gear outside Abyssea
Blm gear outside Abyssea
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-11 03:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What is some good blm gear setups outside abyssea? I'm trying to make my blm the best it can be, so any advice helps. Also im gearing all my gear from all my jobs to fund my blm so price is not a problem.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-11 03:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Um the same thing as it is inside abyssea.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-11 03:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sell the cape.
[+]
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-11 04:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Start working on those +2 magian staves, and then use something like this:

Neck can be artemis/goetia when uggy isnt active. Strap can be wise or buggard +1 if you cant get vivid +1.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-11 04:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-11 04:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

This.
Unless the new HNMs they add etc have massive magic evasion and INT etc, wont really need to change much..
Only thing I'd change for "high resist mobs" would be like.. Searing cape for goetia?
AF3 got a shitload of accuracy on it.
The MAB on the earrings just isnt worth giving up, the only other option on ear-slot over novio/hecate/moldy is Goetia earring, but idk if its worth sacrificing mab for just 3 macc..
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-11 09:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said:

Neck can be artemis/goetia when uggy isnt active. Strap can be wise or buggard +1 if you cant get vivid +1.

Is it good to take away MP from BLM tho? "Talking about the waist piece"
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-11 09:18:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Robbyodom said:
Phoenix.Salmijr said:

If you are stacking MP on BLM you are doing it wrong. If you are elvaan/galka and trying to make up for your lack of MP you are still doing it wrong.
[+]
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-11 09:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

so should this be the order? MAB>INT>MP+?
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-11 09:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think there is any slot you can put MP instead of INT or MAB. So, no.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-04-11 09:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said:

only 1 addition to that blm build really, and it involves the use of a black abyssite, other than that, perfect
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-11 15:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Robbyodom said:

If you are gearswapping like a good little blm, you will swap into and out of alot more than the 30 mp on the belt, especially if you are activating sorc ring.
 Odin.Headstrong
Server: Odin
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-11 16:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

so everyone is still using sorcerer's ring in abyssea ? >:
idk maybe its just me but i love my 2k hp on blm >< and i think they saved my life many times @.@
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-04-11 16:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said:
so everyone is still using sorcerer's ring in abyssea ? >: idk maybe its just me but i love my 2k hp on blm >< and i think they saved my life many times @.@
its still good in any group events... where you have +6 people trying to fight something... but in any low man stiuation using the ring becomes very very risky. Personaly I never use it in low man stiuations but some still think it's worth the risk.

In the end it all comes down to your play style.
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-11 16:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

afaik you still need to be at the 75% hp of your base HP; Your hp is 1000 you'd still need to be at 750 hp while you're inside for sorc ring to work.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-11 16:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I use this in and out of abyssea. Searing cape, sorc belt, 7int diamond ring, goetia neck depending on conditions. I never bothered with cognition belt, its dirt cheap but I like my inv space and I dont want to just drop sorc belt either.

As for sorc ring hp in abys I think theres just as much if not more reason to use it. I low man kited a few abys nms as blm not many though in abys because I feel its much less worth it than nms you might solo outside where procs arent needed. Therefore unless you like the challenge or want to lengthen the time it takes to get the stuff you want most nms you fight should be getting straight tanked by a monk no doubt. Blm should know the aoe ranges, remember temp items even a revit just for a 2nd emnity douse if needed. Its fairly safe to have 806 hp in abys as blm/rdm hume which is what Im set at. A good whm would always be ready to cure5-6 you as soon as the mob goes for you if needed. When you 3-4 man nms its alot easier for the whm to see youre setting your own hp and not taking dmg. Oh and manawall is ur friend.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
Server: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-04-11 17:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said:

Yay! I'm not the only one with their Novio in slot 1...lol
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-11 18:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:

I use this in and out of abyssea. Searing cape, sorc belt, 7int diamond ring, goetia neck depending on conditions. I never bothered with cognition belt, its dirt cheap but I like my inv space and I dont want to just drop sorc belt either.
i wonder where you got the space for the hp gear for sorc at all @.@
i think i'm like 75/80 atm on blm.. >< its terrible

Quote:
As for sorc ring hp in abys I think theres just as much if not more reason to use it. I low man kited a few abys nms as blm not many though in abys because I feel its much less worth it than nms you might solo outside where procs arent needed. Therefore unless you like the challenge or want to lengthen the time it takes to get the stuff you want most nms you fight should be getting straight tanked by a monk no doubt. Blm should know the aoe ranges, remember temp items even a revit just for a 2nd emnity douse if needed. Its fairly safe to have 806 hp in abys as blm/rdm hume which is what Im set at. A good whm would always be ready to cure5-6 you as soon as the mob goes for you if needed. When you 3-4 man nms its alot easier for the whm to see youre setting your own hp and not taking dmg. Oh and manawall is ur friend.

well idk everything i do in abyssea is lowman stuff.. mostly 3-4ppl
and ***just happens sometimes..tank goes down, nms doing bitchy enmity reset moves etc..
mana wall and enmity douse are the best things that happened to blm in a long time, but they are not infinite useable and no i dont always have a revit for a second enmity douse lol
i've emergency "tanked"/kited lots of stuff in abyssea before and i care for my idle/dmg taken gear as much as i care for my nuke gear D:
i would just feel incredible unsafe if i had to run around with 700hp all the time x.x
but yah after all its just situational and personal preference i guess

idle gear :3

missing wotg earring and refresh hairpin ; ;
dark rings are 5phys/3magic dmg each.. some more konschtat farming soon ><
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-11 18:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:

you can store sorc belt in the moogle if you didn't know. if you did then nvm :)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-11 18:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I've found chances are if something is coming after you blm if you don't survive with 600 hp +stoneskin chances are you aren't surviving with 1400 or so I'd have with cruor buffs. ***just hits too hard lol
[+]
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-11 18:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Meh I've found chances are if something is coming after you blm if you don't survive with 600 hp +stoneskin chances are you aren't surviving with 1400 or so I'd have with cruor buffs. ***just hits too hard lol
i had some cute little taru blm in my last aby burn :O everytime she overnuked you could see that huge buffalo run over and rape the tiny taru girl in two hits..
^^; was hilarious to watch tho
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-11 18:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
i had some cute little taru blm in my last aby burn :O everytime she overnuked you could see that huge buffalo run over and rape the tiny taru girl in two hits.. ^^; was hilarious to watch tho
You would like taru rape... but seriously keep stoneskin and blink up if you plan on taking hate... blm should be able to solo those in like 2 spells
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-11 18:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Headstrong said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
i had some cute little taru blm in my last aby burn :O everytime she overnuked you could see that huge buffalo run over and rape the tiny taru girl in two hits.. ^^; was hilarious to watch tho
You would like taru rape... but seriously keep stoneskin and blink up if you plan on taking hate... blm should be able to solo those in like 2 spells
oneshot on iceday :D
but yah you're right.. no idea what she did but she never got that 2. spell off lol
i can just face tank a buffalo with my 2k hp even if it breaks my stoneskin and still get my finishing nuke off :3
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-11 22:46:29
Link | Quote | Reply

With the gearset I posted, barring resists, a Bliz 5 either oneshots or leaves a mob at about 5%, even if it has scaled up to VT (havent checked Bluffalos, but they have alot of HP iirc). A t2 kills it after that. Now, if a mob is nuts enought to get past ss/blink in the time I cast a t2, I wouldnt be killing it on blm. Of course, atmas come into play, and that would be beyond/MM/hells guardian.

And if you have been told to cancel the hp buff to activate sorc. ring, dont listen to them, it works fine with the hp buff still on, it isnt taken into account when calculating.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-04-11 22:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Headstrong said:
so everyone is still using sorcerer's ring in abyssea ? >: idk maybe its just me but i love my 2k hp on blm >< and i think they saved my life many times @.@
I know that I don't use Sorc Ring for Abyssea because I don't have the gear to auto-break the latent. My BLM has somewhere around 1.5k to 1.6k on my Taru, swapping out almost 500 HP is impossible for me currently. Would appreciate it if someone put up their set for breaking latent. If it can't be done with gear alone, I not going to bother with it.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-11 22:57:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Odin.Headstrong said:
I know that I don't use Sorc Ring for Abyssea because I don't have the gear to auto-break the latent. My BLM has somewhere around 1.5k to 1.6k on my Taru, swapping out almost 500 HP is impossible for me currently. Would appreciate it if someone put up their set for breaking latent. If it can't be done with gear alone, I not going to bother with it.

I believe you either dont get the hp buff like I do or u can briefly cancel the hp buff then do ur outside of abyssea hp latent macro then the hp curor buff returns. Fairly certain on this.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-11 22:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

<head>Zenith Crown</head>
<body>Dalmatica</body>
<hands>Zenith Mitts</hands>
<neck>Morgana's Choker</neck>
<waist>Penitent's Rope</waist>
<lring>Dark Ring</lring>
<rring>Dark Ring</rring>

This is enough to activate latent on me. Idle Hp outside is 972 (5/5 hp merits, taru ; ;), Nuking HP is is 975. Neeed to be at 731 hp to activate latent and this set leaves me at 725. Again, dont include cruor buffs in your calculation. If sorc activates outside, it will inside as well, since HP buff is just that, a buff, and not BASE hp.

As far as HP down sets, i'm only carrying 4 pieces to achieve sorc proc, since the dark rings and Dalmi have a place in PDT/MDT sets. And noooo, you dont need to cancel or not get the HP buff. It works WITH IT.
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-11 23:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

morgana choker, nq zenth crown, slacks, mitts, bifrost ring and no other +hp gear on will be enough for a hume blm/rdm my macro actually has /equip waist witch sash in it too as the sorc belt with +20hp can *** that up unless its removed. Same goes for forth divison mace which I use for buffing has to be removed and staff swapped back in b4 hp down. I think hume is around 816ish? my macro puts me at 806 or 796 with cream puff. I might try for a seveneyes, still a nice piece.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-04-11 23:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

In abyssea with hp buffs: 1755 HP
HP down set: 1305
HP to activate sorc: 1316

Where did I need to cancel hp buff again?All the misinformation about abbysea and sorc ring needs to die.
 Odin.Headstrong
By Odin.Headstrong 2011-04-11 23:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said:
In abyssea with hp buffs: 1755 HP
HP down set: 1305
HP to activate sorc: 1316

Where did I need to cancel hp buff again?All the misinformation about abbysea and sorc ring needs to die.

ar you sure that your ring is really triggered? >.>
because i tested that ***back when abyssea first came out and did 100% not work like that for me w
maybe they changed something about it so idk :O
cant test it rq cause i dont have ring/gear anymore
First Page 2