Carbuncle-Dynamis (would Be Nice..)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Carbuncle-Dynamis (would be nice..)
Carbuncle-Dynamis (would be nice..)
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-04-10 14:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Soymilk did dyna when I left carby ~6 months ago or so. LivingGodz also did dyna along with all kinds of stuff. I've been in both those ls's for over a year. Both was fair imo, I liked livinggodz better though, because they usually did more stuff together.
 Carbuncle.Mythikah
Server: Carbuncle
user: Mythikah
By Carbuncle.Mythikah 2011-04-10 16:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What exactly happened with AstralFlow? I'm with them and the only thing that confuses me is how sometimes you're not allowed to lot something even if no one wants it. I think it's some sort of "political" rule, so no one gets a bunch of free stuff, but still...kinda silly to let stuff drop to people that'll toss it, lol. They seem to be pretty forgiving though, when you have other things to do.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tronsy
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tronsy
By Lakshmi.Tronsy 2011-04-10 17:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

PocketAces is a very good all around event shell that i was fortunate enough to spend my time in before my move to lakshmi. And Dynamis is still on their list of scheduled events.

Website

**EDIT**
Not sure if their recruitment is open or not but they were worth a shot.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-10 17:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Waterdust said:
Your either in their "clic" an get stuff they allow you to have
or your at the bottom labeled as someone who won't help them when
they already HAVE everything or are very well headed to that final
stage an don't give a *amn about you.

No one should have to waste every waking spare moment they have
to play a game only to aid them in all their conquests an get
nothing to show for it.
Sadly that's how it works out. Some people (generally the ones with too much time on their hands) see a large LS as a pool of people to choose from. Once you find people who have similar playtimes and compatible jobs, they'll coordinate to achieve each other's goals. Others see that and want in, and to an extent, they allow some people, as long as they have a lot to offer. But once a certain inflection point is hit and additional people become not as helpful or unnecessary, they block everything. So you've got a LS that does events, but a certain inner group that has their own motivations. They get ***done, but the use of KIs is pretty lenient. Farm those KIs as an LS and never hear of them again.

"Wait, what?"

That's right; that little inner group is popping bosses...

Ugh. I totally understand the situation all too well.

Being a Taru of having all yellow stagger possibilities and blue stagger possibilities (aside from DRG-specific ones), you'd think I'd be higher-demand for certain groups. But no. I run a small Abyssea group on the weekends, but other than that, I don't accomplish much because I don't have a clique. It's kind of unfortunate, but it's better than the HNM scene and ***before, which would be determined in linkshells of 12-20 people and have 1-3 people determine who gets what. Instead, it's more like groups of 5-7 people and one or two people determining who gets what. The chances are greater of getting what you want with Abyssea, seeing as though it's not as specific on time. HNM was awful, spending hours to kill a single mob and then either missing the claim or having the item drop and having someone rife with DKP outlot you. "Next time," you tell yourself... for months.
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-10 17:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kerokun said:

nothing to show for it.
Sadly that's how it works out. Some people (generally the ones with too much time on their hands) see a large LS as a pool of people to choose from. Once you find people who have similar playtimes and compatible jobs, they'll coordinate to achieve each other's goals. Others see that and want in, and to an extent, they allow some people, as long as they have a lot to offer. But once a certain inflection point is hit and additional people become not as helpful or unnecessary, they block everything. So you've got a LS that does events, but a certain inner group that has their own motivations. They get ***done, but the use of KIs is pretty lenient. Farm those KIs as an LS and never hear of them again.

"Wait, what?"

Being a Taru of having all yellow stagger possibilities and blue stagger possibilities (aside from DRG-specific ones), you'd think I'd be higher-demand for certain groups. But no. I run a small Abyssea group on the weekends, but other than that, I don't accomplish much because I don't have a clique. It's kind of unfortunate, but it's better than the HNM scene and ***before, which would be determined in linkshells of 12-20 people and have 1-3 people determine who gets what. Instead, it's more like groups of 5-7 people and one or two people determining who gets what. The chances are greater of getting what you want with Abyssea, seeing as though it's not as specific on time. HNM was awful, spending hours to kill a single mob and then either missing the claim or having the item drop and having someone rife with DKP outlot you. "Next time," you tell yourself... for months.

I honestly don't know where you came from Kero, but since you've been on FFXIAH you've made me laugh, so I'll let you off XD. Also, you've hit the nail right on the head there.
 Caitsith.Himsa
Server: Caitsith
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2011-04-10 17:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a D in "and"
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-10 18:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Himsa said:
There's a D in "and"

Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-04-10 18:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't disagree with any of this but isn't it kinda pointless to complain about this in the state of the game today? It's like complaining about a bad Sky or Salvage LS. Who honestly cares these days? Are people really still squabbling over relic? Plus, the next update will probably make Dynamis soloable or more low-man-friendly. No real point to this other than complaining.
 Asura.Daleterrence
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-04-10 18:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Weasel said:
I don't disagree with any of this but isn't it kinda pointless to complain about this in the state of the game today? It's like complaining about a bad Sky or Salvage LS. Who honestly cares these days? Are people really still squabbling over relic? Plus, the next update will probably make Dynamis soloable or more low-man-friendly. No real point to this other than complaining.

I'd say low man, maybe some zones will be soloable in time, depending on how powerful we get 90-99. But, on the topic, sometimes people need to vent. It happens.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-04-10 19:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Daleterrence said:
Carbuncle.Kerokun said:

nothing to show for it.

"Wait, what?"

I honestly don't know where you came from Kero, but since you've been on FFXIAH you've made me laugh, so I'll let you off XD. Also, you've hit the nail right on the head there.
D: You disagree with my visions?

Pre-Abyssea: Popularity contest
Post-Abyssea: Popularity contest with more opportunity.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-11 03:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizzisgay said:
I lol'd alot
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-04-11 03:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizzisgay said:

You'd probably have more credibility if your username wasn't insulting a mod.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Earnie
user: earnie
By Carbuncle.Earnie 2011-04-11 07:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You say u dont get anything u are so full of BS when we do dyna u lot on everything and u even lot gear with that other toon u have so why dont u stop slagging ppl off
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-04-11 08:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

someone give me an ls where i can lot anything i want

lol, aren't you that guy who shouts in jeuno for specific characters to stop undercutting you
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-11 08:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Krizzisgay said:
LOL
[+]
 Carbuncle.Krionin
user: Krionin1
By Carbuncle.Krionin 2011-04-11 10:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Mythikah said:
What exactly happened with AstralFlow? I'm with them and the only thing that confuses me is how sometimes you're not allowed to lot something even if no one wants it. I think it's some sort of "political" rule, so no one gets a bunch of free stuff, but still...kinda silly to let stuff drop to people that'll toss it, lol. They seem to be pretty forgiving though, when you have other things to do.

Astralflow does it because they don't want to have one person getting all the free lots and then having someone not get any af that run if they want/need one. They try and be fair with it. They also say pass it if you have it in storage or will not use it.

For northlands there is a point system that is held, most points gets if over I think 5 over second place (dont quote me on that I just woke up and cant think lol) but if within 5 you lot against.

Each run you can comment 1 item and also get 1 free lot per "round" (everyone in ls gets a free lot [that wants one] then it is on to round 2 and so on). The only way around this is if an item auto drops then it is classed as "unwanted" then anyone can lot it (if you have gotten a free lot still can and also if you have not gotten a free lot it won't count towards it).

Most other linkshells that I have been in have not even had a free lot rule and it was spend points or hope for best.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-04-11 10:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

None of this will matter in the coming update. Just lowman w/e you want after. Also speaking of Carbuncle, I don't think there will be many Dyna LSes at all post update. Probably only 1 or 2.
 Ragnarok.Zanno
Server: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-04-11 12:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said:
None of this will matter in the coming update. Just lowman w/e you want after. Also speaking of Carbuncle, I don't think there will be many Dyna LSes at all post update. Probably only 1 or 2.

Sup Sho? :D

Long time.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-11 13:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You could always *gasp* just shout for about 6-8 people. Pay for the glass, take the currency and a piece of gear and let all the rest go to everyone else.

It's what all the cool kids do these days I hear. I personally despise dynamis and avoid it like the plague, but I hear the above method gets results.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-04-11 14:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Carbuncle.Shokox said:

Sup Sho? :D

Long time.

Sup man! doing good, going good ! Long time indeed.
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-04-11 14:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Himsa said:
There's a D in "and"

holy ***this a hundred times...